PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Method of Escaping Boulder?

betty_blue
21st Apr 2006, 14:01
Is there an alternative method of escaping the giant boulder in the Ghana level? The camera angle is so terrible that I can't see what I'm doing. I can't run, jump, or sommersalt (sp?) fast enough to get through the spear mechanism and away from the boulder.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

jgxenite
21st Apr 2006, 15:41
Hi,

I had the same problem. I think I tried to jump diagonally through the gap (Lara is in the most awkward place when you start!!) and then just run it full wack!

James

Godfather
23rd Apr 2006, 20:45
Hello there,

I'm stuck at this moment as well! Is that how you have to get past this trap?

Do you actually have to jump over the spears (I've managed to jump over the first ones so far, but the second set of spears keep me trapped) or do you have to shoot at something, because a sign of a shooting Lara appears at the bottom of the screen?

Help will be appreciated! In the mean time: I'll just keep on trying!

Bye for now

L Croft
23rd Apr 2006, 20:57
you need to roll under the second set of spikes, you can only roll under the left hand side. And then you need to jump over the gap. Getting over the first set is the hardest bit so if you can do that you should be ok.

Discordia666
24th Apr 2006, 15:05
If you are playing the PC version of the game, the mouse actually controls the camera view, not the direction of motion. The fact that changing the camera angle affects the direction of motion is a by-product of the way the controls work.

When the game returns control of Lara to you after the cutscene, you are too close to the first set of spiked bars to turn right in time to jump them, if you use the camera angle to steer Lara.

Try using the cursor keys to steer her instead, like you did in the first 5 Tomb Raider games. She turns much more quickly and can jump the first set of bars, veer left and roll under the second set.

I did it first time like this after failing repeatedly using the mouse.

Good game, but too short and a bit too easy. Also, Eidos really need to sort out the problem with the horrendous stuttering when you enable 'Next Generation Content'. It's not doing anything other cutting edge games aren't doing and they play very smoothly on my system by comparison. I have an overclocked 7800GT, almost the fastest card on the market. It is half asleep playing Call Of Duty 2 with everything maxed out but I have to play Legend with the 'Next Gen Content' disabled. And this game is supposed to be optimised for nVidia cards. What a joke.