PDA

View Full Version : I'm really stressing out........coz of the England level

Oisky_P0isky
21st Apr 2006, 04:12
Hey people, so first things first Tomb raider Legend rocks! One of the best tomb raider games! I am completely obsessed!

The part which I'm having trouble with is on the England level on my xbox (not 360). I killed the serpent and i did the whole cut scene of the other serpent but right after that you need to open a door and slide down a slope but as i open the cage door and go towards the slope the game crashes. I tried reloading a save game from earlier in the level and it still doesn't work, i even took the game back to the store and replaced it and it still doesn't work! I love this game and i really want to know what i have to do to fix it. I don't want to play the whole game over again because of a corrupt save game file, especially if it will just crash again! Any ideas? I really need some ones help?

gouls
21st Apr 2006, 17:21
I have exactly the same problem!!! but... i run TRL on WinXP Pro SP2 (centrino 1.5, 1GB RAM, ATI Mobility 9700). I have the 1.1 version.
When the game crashes, I have the message which ask me if I want to send crash information to MS...

dv8withn8
22nd Apr 2006, 07:05
I'm having the exact same problem on my 360 version. You open the gate, walk through and freeze.

Eidos shipped a bad build of the game. Hopefully they replace everyone's copy with a working build as I've exchanged my disc as well.

Chris Daly
22nd Apr 2006, 11:02
Hi
I have come across the Bug where Lara gets
caught on the side with the Tesla Coil , Van Der
Graf Generator thing and can't back to get to the
gun to then move the mid air tray. The doors that are
not moving at all - although there is a gap, don't
allow Lara through. :( There appears no other way
than to play from a much earlier save point.

I am quickly losing interest , does anyone at Crystal or Eidos
care if this much heralded game has bugs ??? AOD had bugs
too I suppose ... oh well there is always TR12345 to
fondly remember that were relatively bug free.

Can anyone recall a bug in TR1 ?? now there was a game :)

dv8withn8
22nd Apr 2006, 17:35
Your issue isn't a bug. You just haven't figured it out.

Chris Daly
23rd Apr 2006, 01:10
Yes it is a bug !! , Lara has already read the back of the
shield , has been out to move the swinging midway platform
with the platform gun, then she has had a rest from that
because I chose her to do so , gone back into the shield
room and through the doors leading to where the core is running
enclosed by the door and hey presto she cannot then get
back to the gun thing.through that door, there is no other
way of accessing the moving platform , the cage thing for
instance containing the secret is not possible to climb on even
with a box. The pipes also on the Van der Graf Generator cannot
provide access to the swinging midway platform

So its a BUG !! :( The player ..er me should be able to enjoy any
part of the game in any direction and every now and again I enjoy
doing this -rather than face the linear boring aspect of you must
go forwards in a defined narrow path !!

Parasite27
23rd Apr 2006, 01:44
Yes it is a bug !! , Lara has already read the back of the
shield , has been out to move the swinging midway platform
with the platform gun, then she has had a rest from that
because I chose her to do so , gone back into the shield
room and through the doors leading to where the core is running
enclosed by the door and hey presto she cannot then get
back to the gun thing.through that door, there is no other
way of accessing the moving platform , the cage thing for
instance containing the secret is not possible to climb on even
with a box. The pipes also on the Van der Graf Generator cannot
provide access to the swinging midway platform

So its a BUG !! :( The player ..er me should be able to enjoy any
part of the game in any direction and every now and again I enjoy
doing this -rather than face the linear boring aspect of you must
go forwards in a defined narrow path !!

Hmm if you are where I think you are and thats a big if because I'm getting senial in my old age that may not be a bug. Its difficult to figure out but there is a way back, I think I was stuck in the exact same place before I figured it out after taking a break.

Karas
23rd Apr 2006, 22:11
Listen if your gonna talk about some other glitches, please post a topic in the forum, don't just randomly start filling this topic with other glitches, STAY ON TOPIC. Regardless Oisky_P0isky, I ran into the exact same problem on my Xbox 360 and wished some sort of moderators actually existed on this forum, that would post a reply or something. No matter how many times I loaded from a different save point, it would end in the same matter, I would freeze right as I was about to enter the door after pulling the lever, every damn time. So please Eidos if you really care about the gamers that have spent money to play this game, please find us a way to fix this problem.

fastm3driver
26th Apr 2006, 23:35
I have a 1 week old 360 and it does the same thing. The game has also been in the 360 for the entire time I have had it(1 week).
I tried saving it three different places after killing the monster but it still freezes. It freezes up the whole system too, not just the game.
26 year gamer with 20+ consoles and I have never had this happen.
:mad2:

t.d
5th May 2006, 01:16
I'm having the same exact error as the OP. Would anyone happen to know where to get a clean save for the beginning of the "England" level so that I can redo it ?

vendita
15th Sep 2007, 22:05
I have the same problem on my Xbox 360. I have tried everything and nothing is working.. Is there someone who knows what to do to get through that stupid crash bug??

J_B_G_
16th Sep 2007, 18:01
I have the same problem on my Xbox 360. I have tried everything and nothing is working.. Is there someone who knows what to do to get through that stupid crash bug??

I dont know that any fix for this is known as no one has reported back but this may be a matter for actual tech support at eidos not just the volunteer forums. I mean this is a good place to try to find answers but sometimes even the players dont have em. sorry:o