PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Crash

dv8withn8
21st Apr 2006, 03:38
I'm experiencing a game crash/system lock-up. Shortly after defeating the dragon creature, in England, and dodging the second one via mini-game you swing over to a gate opened by a lever sitting right next to it. Once I open the gate and then proceed through the door the game freezes and requires a hard reboot of my XBOX. I've tried reverting to an older save and playing through the game again but everytime I go through that door the same thing happens.

Now, is this a known issue?(Saw nothing on the Eidos support page) Do I have a defective disc?(the condition of the disc is flawless. Not a scratch or spec of dust) Or did Eidos print a bad build of the game similar to what Ubisoft did with Blazing Angels?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

noxdg
21st Apr 2006, 09:54
Arrrgh! I wish you put *SPOILER* in your title!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a 360 to comment on your problem. Does your 360 get hot around that area in the game?...though, if it happens evertime at one spicific point, it sounds like a game bug to me.

dv8withn8
22nd Apr 2006, 07:00
Ok, I exchanged the game for a new disc. Same problem. No other game has an issue like this. And my 360 has always run nice and cool.

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems to me Eidos shipped a bad build of the game. :mad:

Karas
23rd Apr 2006, 22:00
I have had the same damn problem on my Xbox 360 as well, no other game that I own does this. The interesting thing about this situation is that both of our games seem to stop at the exact point, I hope that Eidos fixes this problem ASAP, or at least puts out a patch via X-box live. I find this extremely annoying due to the fact that I really enjoy playing this game and am hoping to at least finnish it, due to the fact that I spent $70 (CAD) dollars to play it!

gmxx
24th Apr 2006, 20:46
i'm having the exact same problem on my 360 version, pull the lever at the end of the tomb, door opens, as soon as i try to enter the game crashes. Tried to load from several save points, still no luck.

noxdg
24th Apr 2006, 22:00
I wonder if this glitch is prone to only certain Xbox 360s. Check the model number and manufacturer date. There could be some connection here.

Karas, you mentioned CAD $... dv8 and gmxx are from Canada as well? Maybe 360 systems shipped to the same area came from the same plant with the same glitch.

I'm just shooting int he dark here, but there has to be a common issue causing this.

dv8withn8
25th Apr 2006, 16:48
I was thinking a certain batch of the game may have had a defect when printed at the factory. I doubt it's the consoles themselves if none of our other games are having problems. However, I bought mine in the Chicago area about a month and a half ago.

gmxx
25th Apr 2006, 22:23
i was having this problem as i previously posted, but after my girlfriend started a new game and my checkpoint was lost, i had to redo the entire england level, when i got to the same door that was crashing previously it did let me through, no idea what was making it crash in the first place, try starting the entire level over if you haven't yet.

noxdg
26th Apr 2006, 02:45
Now that is weird.

I'm glad it works though! I wonder what had caused the problem.

dv8withn8
26th Apr 2006, 06:21
I tried reverting to an older save. I guess I'll give starting the whole game over a go. Usually, if a save is corrupted you just can't load it. If starting the game over fixes it... curious. :scratch: I'll let you know how it turns out.

dv8withn8
5th May 2006, 00:36
Started over... same thing. Woe. Sent a message to Eidos support. It said I'd receive a reply within 48hrs. It's been almost 2 weeks now. :(

dv8withn8
7th May 2006, 05:16
Do Eidos reps even check these boards or open their tech support email? I've started the entire game over and still get this bug. I can't complete the game! It's hugely dissapointing. :mad:

Fearless Viking
10th May 2006, 10:03
The only xbox360 game i have that frezes is Tomb Rider Legend.
It all started when i downloaded and played the TRL demo from xbox-live , first graphic errors and later total freeze.

I later bougth TRL(one month ago in the UK), and in order to complete the game up to aprrox 70% it took hundreds of reboots on different levels.:mad2:
But now its full stop at the level where you are figthing a dragon.

I wonder if it's the game disc or the Xbox:scratch: ?, seams to be various problems with the 360 consolle also.(Search on Google will confirm)

Don't know what to do, return the box to M$ or await an official announcement from Eidos...?

In one way im glad i found this post, i thougth for i while i was the only one with this problem.

dv8withn8
16th May 2006, 19:05
On a whim, I deleted all my old saves from the 360 HDD and started the game over yet again. This time, I got past the point that was causing the lockups and have finally beaten the game. Perhaps my saves were getting corrupted or maybe it just kept carrying a bad variable around I dunno.

So, for me, playing through on hard, only creating 1 save file and only overwriting it at the end of each stage resulted in a crash-free experience. Maybe give it a try as well.

Jsc
22nd May 2006, 17:28
congradulations!

styx120
3rd Jun 2006, 04:57
I had completed England, but went back to show my buddy the dead Sea Serpant......

Now the game crashes repeated. I have tried deleting saves and starting over.

This completely dissappionting and its pathetic that Eidos has commented on it being that they have sold a thousands of copies.

I was enjoying the game and wanted to finish it.....this has really ruined my experience and my trust in Eidos.

Arthur73
27th Jun 2006, 19:08
I have the exact same problem, maybe we should ask out money back!:-)
To bad that Eidos can't make any game without bugs... it's a shame !

I'm experiencing a game crash/system lock-up. Shortly after defeating the dragon creature, in England, and dodging the second one via mini-game you swing over to a gate opened by a lever sitting right next to it. Once I open the gate and then proceed through the door the game freezes and requires a hard reboot of my XBOX. I've tried reverting to an older save and playing through the game again but everytime I go through that door the same thing happens.

Now, is this a known issue?(Saw nothing on the Eidos support page) Do I have a defective disc?(the condition of the disc is flawless. Not a scratch or spec of dust) Or did Eidos print a bad build of the game similar to what Ubisoft did with Blazing Angels?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

I have the exact same problem, maybe we should ask out money back!:-)
To bad that Eidos can't make any game without bugs... it's a shame !

aussie500
28th Jun 2006, 00:37
Is it really necessary to post the same thing at least 4 times Arthur73, you buy a new console when it first comes out expect to get bugs, the game is fine

vendita
15th Sep 2007, 21:28
I have the same problem on the same spot that you all have mention above me..
And i have looked everywhere to find out if someone else had the same problem,because i thought for a moment that i was the only one. I am playing that game on my Xbox 360.. I have tried everything, but nothing still dont work. I have sent an message to Eidos so I hope they reply. I live in Norway so i dont think a spesific country is the problem to this issue. I hope they fix this problem or else i cant finish this game.:(