PDA

View Full Version : I saw 'Natla' in TRL !

Natla_J
21st Apr 2006, 01:49
Well .. it was some crates labled 'Natla Industries' spread all around the final stage ..

When you get there you will notice them .. I did after fighting the ***** for 30 mins on hard setting with no extra life packs ..oye I was glad to see the end. :D but I had plenty of time to explore seeing the same 5 crates over and over again as I ran past them again and again . I didnt notice them anywhere else in the game but I am going back to play it over maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Johnny

The Dark Lady
21st Apr 2006, 04:29
they also appear in England... makes you wonder if Natla will resurface in the future since her company is still obviously running some ten years later.

Vicky
21st Apr 2006, 17:54
Was Natla the thing with red wings? I forget.....:(

mikazuki
21st Apr 2006, 19:08
Was Natla the thing with red wings? I forget.....:(

Natla is in reference to Jacqueline Natla who was in the 1st game and who owned Natla Technologies. She has Lara go hunting for the Atlantean Scion. Natla double-crosses Lara and in the end Lara and her have a show down.

If I remember correctly she becomes some kind of monsters with wings and spits fireballs at you. I want to says they were indeed red wings but off hand I don't recall the color.

gopher666
21st Apr 2006, 19:24
Actually Natla was an Atlantian who betrayed the rest of her kind by creating the freaks that you have to fight. Her winged form is actually her true form.

By the way, you will probably all remember the 9 year old Lara's drawing and talking about yetis. I recall that they were in TR2 so I was wondering, has anyone else noticed anything else which remind you of any of the previous games.

NaughtyGirl
21st Apr 2006, 23:56
now this is a nice thoughtful thread

angelion
22nd Apr 2006, 01:25
You guys remember how the James Bond movie "Die Another Day" made references to the older movies, becuase it was going to be the last "true" James Bond film?

I strongly believe its the same case with TRL, because CD knew that this was going to be a make or break of the franchise. So they put in lot of references from the older games just as a nod to the fans.

The Dark Lady
22nd Apr 2006, 05:13
Which makes my one complaint (i.e. an INCOMPLETE STORY) all the more vallid. If another one doesnt get made we are left once again without closure and feeling like we acomplished NOTHING.

Other than that, I think this is probably one of the best TR adventures I've played, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although with that in mind, I did find it strange for Lara in the OPENING SCENE to refrence Yeti (and having killed numerous ones in previous games) and NOT seeing any, that was odd.

owen10
22nd Apr 2006, 11:01
There will be a sequel - it's already performed very well, commercially and critically. I think the Yeti reference was laying the groundwork for a future game, but there could have been one in Nepal. The ending was a deliberate cliff-hanger, owing to the success of the game for a sequel.

gopher666
22nd Apr 2006, 12:55
Just thought of another one.

Isnt the Nepal outfit the same as the one used in TR2

angelion
22nd Apr 2006, 13:53
The ending was a deliberate cliff-hanger, owing to the success of the game for a sequel.

Or it was just CD's way of securing a sequel if the game did suck.

rinky dink
22nd Apr 2006, 13:59
Speaking of thoughtful, this is the first TR game I've ever played. Are all of the prequels worth playing or is there one specifically someone can recommend. Thanks!

LaraGirl216
21st May 2006, 11:54
I recommend the other games except maybe AOD.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ubUXvMa9c3ka3M:http://gamesnews.virgin.net