PDA

View Full Version : rather disappointed the demo

warmonger180
20th Apr 2006, 10:27
it stopped all of the sudden:eek: wtf is up with that:confused: looks like i'm gonna have get get the rest of TRL

hehe you all thought i was gonna trash it. fooled you:p :D never having played this type game before, i gotta say it's quite good. no doubt the full version will reveal much more and thereby be better than the demo. might take a bit geting used to a gamepad rather than a keyboard and mouse, altho there were some parts where the mouse provided more precise aiming with a weapon lock. i think TRL is more suited for a gamepad, i use a wingman rumblepad that i've had for a few yrs and this is the first game i've used it with. the grafix are quite good, tho some of what Lara wears has sharp edged corners/angles ie: her holster straps and utility harness. the scenery is as good, if not better, than some of what i've seen in shooters and the water is just simply the best yet, imo. gonna have to wait a week or so the get it:mad: , but it'll provide a decent diversion from all the savage killing in BF2

GoranAgar
20th Apr 2006, 10:45
it stopped all of the sudden:eek: wtf is up with that:confused: looks like i'm gonna have get get the rest of TRL

Hehe, that is the basic idea. ;)

bedazzled
20th Apr 2006, 15:59
Well I'm very dissappointed with the full game !.

I got it as soon as it was released, took one look at the controls & save game system and decided it's going for sale on Ebay. From what I've read in various posts the game is aimed at little children and there consoles, with hold your hand pop ups ect. There is no doubt the graphics are fantastic & Lara really does look like a real person. But if any future games follow the same recipe as this one, I wont waste my hard earned money on them. Core Design may have had there faults,but they new how to create a Tomb Raider game, AOD would have been so much better if Eidos had not pressured Core Design into releasing an unfinished game.

dhama
20th Apr 2006, 18:46

I got it as soon as it was released, took one look at the controls & save game system and decided it's going for sale on Ebay. From what I've read in various posts the game is aimed at little children and there consoles, with hold your hand pop ups ect. There is no doubt the graphics are fantastic & Lara really does look like a real person. But if any future games follow the same recipe as this one, I wont waste my hard earned money on them. Core Design may have had there faults,but they new how to create a Tomb Raider game, AOD would have been so much better if Eidos had not pressured Core Design into releasing an unfinished game.

Don't be too hasty mate, at least play it through. :D I've decided not to buy it yet because I can only afford one game at the moment and that is going to be TES Oblivian... too much Guild Wars probably. LOL

Acceber
20th Apr 2006, 20:14

I got it as soon as it was released, took one look at the controls & save game system and decided it's going for sale on Ebay.

I guess your signature is very relevant then. ;)