PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fix?

VenicuS
20th Apr 2006, 01:18
I just tried cyberstorm's VB Script (reproduced here for your own edification, all props go to the original author), and lo and behold, it works! Crazy thing that, that a fan can write a simple VB script that does what the dev team can't. Eidos, and CD, you need to give this guy a job. 'cause otherwise, you got
http://www.oohshiny.net/gallery/d/173-2/pwned-facekick.jpg

"first open notepad:

then cut and paste the text between the dotted lines into notepads window

---------------------------------------------------
Const NORMAL = 32

Dim WshShell, oExec

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("trl.exe")

WScript.Sleep 10000

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'trl.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcesses
objProcess.SetPriority(NORMAL)
Next
--------------------------------------------

save this file as tombstart.vbs into the tombraider directory at "C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider - Legend\" be carefull to save it as a .vbs file and not vbs.txt (select "all files" and use save as)

right click the file and save a shortcut to desktop

now when you click the shortcut the script should launch Tomb Raider, wait ten seconds and then reset the priority to NORMAL"

Dukmiester2
20th Apr 2006, 02:52
What exctly does this script do for TRL?

What does it fix?

Need more info, sorry...

IPlayGamesALot
20th Apr 2006, 03:52
Will it make my bazillion $ Alienware not crash after the movie?

VenicuS
20th Apr 2006, 09:18
My particular issue was the problem with riduclously slow response times on the options screen and in the game itself. I'd have to repeatedly press a key to get it to respond, or it wold take upwards of 45 seconds for a single keypress to register, and this is on an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.1 ghz machine with 1.5 GB of RAM, and a GeForce 6600GT. It was horrible. I've run into the "please insert an original copy" error and the audio dropouts here and there as well. I can't honestly say if it will resolve your particular issues, but I'd would say at least give it a shot.

Smoke7
20th Apr 2006, 15:43
Will it make my bazillion $ Alienware not crash after the movie?

Hey I may be able to help you out as I also had trouble with game crashing after the intro movie and I also have an Alienware. Finally got it to work. Could you please post your dxdiag? Thanks =)