PDA

View Full Version : Boliva Gold reward (SPOILER)

Scott =]!
19th Apr 2006, 16:16
hi i have completed the game and am getting the rewards i have all the golds exept the boliva one i know where it is cos i saw it with the binocs but i cant get it! can someone help me please

Resy
19th Apr 2006, 16:21
Use only two boxes to operate the door mechanism. Put one in the middle, the second on the right. Step on the left pad and wait for the door to open part way. Step off and the door will be locked in place. Cross over to the other side of the room, climb up the door and you now have access to the gold reward.

The door will still be open high enough you can just roll under and continue the level.

Scott =]!
19th Apr 2006, 16:25
thank you very very much

Scott =]!
19th Apr 2006, 16:28
hmm it didnt work

Scott =]!
19th Apr 2006, 16:30
would you do me a huge favor and make a video of you doing it

(if you can:) make a video for me then can you turn the next gen off so its not a huge file lol)

if you cant or dont want to then no hard feelings :D

Scott =]!
19th Apr 2006, 16:58
if you cant do it would someone else please please please do it for me lol :D

uzigirl
19th Apr 2006, 18:48
I didn't actually get that gold reward but can't you snatch it with the grapple when doing the action moves after that puzzle room? Just wondering...:rolleyes:

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 19:15
the problem may be: when you step on the mechanism a video starts. when it ends the door is allready too high to reach the gold reward...

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 19:32
well...i may do a little "how to" video...

OuTR
19th Apr 2006, 19:47
**Possible spoiler**
The trick is to run over just the very corner of the left tile instead of standing on it completly because then the movie starts playing and opens the door to far. So run over the corner lightly to trick th movie into playing but the door stays shut, then step on that same tile and open the door about half way. Took me a few tries but I got it thanks to tombraiderchronicles ;) they have sceenshots of it.

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 20:27
here it is...gold reward can't be seen because i allready have it....but it's whre lara stands at the end...

http://rapidshare.de/files/18436513/Untitled.avi.html
(down right click on "free" then new site loads where you can download )

Resy
19th Apr 2006, 22:05
You guys do realise after the cutscene you can make the door close again.

Thats how I do it.

ShyLad
20th Apr 2006, 10:40
Although I managed to get the door to open into the position needed to collect the Gold Reward I'm unable to climb the chain (to the left of the room as you entered it) as the black diamond weight on the chain won't allow Lara to jump and grab it so I can continue. Any ideas?

GoranAgar
20th Apr 2006, 10:42
The door needs to go up one more.

Acceber
20th Apr 2006, 10:51
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME!!!!! :O

Do you know how I got that reward?

I put all the boxes on the pads. Then I made my way up to the door (fully open). Then, I clambered up to the other side of the room where I used my rifle ammo to shoot the middle box slightly off its pad. That caused the door to shut. (It shuts quicker than it opens). Then I climbed to the other side of the room and used my rifle ammo to shoot the box back onto its pad, causing the door to open again (slowly). Then I ran like hell and managed to jump onto the door as it was rising.

... It was a challenge, but a fun one.

carlo
20th Apr 2006, 11:02
ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME!!!!! :O

Do you know how I got that reward?

I put all the boxes on the pads. Then I made my way up to the door (fully open). Then, I clambered up to the other side of the room where I used my rifle ammo to shoot the middle box slightly off its pad. That caused the door to shut. (It shuts quicker than it opens). Then I climbed to the other side of the room and used my rifle ammo to shoot the box back onto its pad, causing the door to open again (slowly). Then I ran like hell and managed to jump onto the door as it was rising.

... It was a challenge, but a fun one.

Sounds fun!

Scott =]!
20th Apr 2006, 20:32
i found a much simpler way

you put all the creats on the pads and then shoot the one on the middle pad (from the platform where the chain you cross is) until the door closes then stand infront of the door and shoot it back on then climb up as fast as you can :D

Acceber
20th Apr 2006, 22:57
i found a much simpler way

you put all the creats on the pads and then shoot the one on the middle pad (from the platform where the chain you cross is) until the door closes then stand infront of the door and shoot it back on then climb up as fast as you can :D

That would be what I said... ;)

carlo, yes, fun. :D

Marijn
21st Apr 2006, 01:39
That would be what I said... ;)

carlo, yes, fun. :D

A kiss and a hug for Acceber.

(I apologize on beforehand for my J7-like behavior. Right now I regard myself as a victim of TR-ish nostalgic feelings. The game is simply too overwhelming).

Acceber
21st Apr 2006, 12:40
A kiss and a hug for Acceber.

(I apologize on beforehand for my J7-like behavior. Right now I regard myself as a victim of TR-ish nostalgic feelings. The game is simply too overwhelming).

Back at you. :D

Did you get stuck in Bolivia? :p

4 hours til exploration resumes. :thumbsup: