PDA

View Full Version : problem after battles

bificommander
19th Apr 2006, 16:07
Hi everyone

I recently bought IG, and I've experienced a problem. I'm not sure if it's a bug. or something else, but it's annoying.
Occasionally, after a land battle, I start out with the normal loading screen for the world map, but then it suddenly changes to the load screen for sea battles. After that load is completed, I get a pitch black screen. The background music still playes, and I even have the standard cursor (which I can move), but nothing else. The program isn't frozen as far as I can tell. Taskmanager shows it as an activated application, with no abnormal CPU or memory use, but I can't do anything with it. I have to close the program to fix it, and thus lose all progress since the last save. If that was the third battle that turn, and the autosave only took place two turns ago... Let's just say my response involves profanity ;) (On a side note, can you set the autosave to work every turn instead of every 3 turns?)

Does anyone know what causes or can fix this? I have patch 1.1 installed.

My apologies if this problem has been stated already, but I couldn't find it with the search function.

Thanks in advance