PDA

View Full Version : TR Legends - Broken graphics - Need help

Shredd
19th Apr 2006, 14:19
Hey all,

TR-Legends - get into the game with all the features turned on and in about 5 minutes the screen starts get lots of broken polygon graphics flashing all over the place.

I have made sure I am using the most current video driver from NVidia (84.21), DirectX 9.0c, and also made sure I have set-up single core CPU for the game. Game seems to run for a few mintues and then breaks up. I start to change graphics in game and they go away and then reappear in about 5-ish minutes.

Any help or suggestions:

Hardware:
Asus A8N32-SLi deluxe - Mobo
AMD x64 4800+ dual core CPU
2gb of dual channel memory
300gb SATAII HD
and the big toy:
Asus N7800 dual GPU 512meg Video card (yes that's two gpu's on one card)
- the video is running in SLi mode.

I have tried - turning on/off SLi mode, dual CPU core mode on and off, uninstalling video driver and reinstalling video driver, all overclocking is off, I have turn off all features in game and including the special upper features, resolution from 1280x1024 down to 800x600 - still the same broken polygon graphics.

TYI:

JamesArcher
23rd Apr 2006, 02:18
gpu(s) overheating maybe? or the memory on the gfx card(s) could be faulty

blackmamba
14th May 2006, 05:34
Installing TRL without the special features is what did it for me,i got the patch 1.1 and installed it after reinstalling TRL,then went ahead and played it all the way to the end.It didnt look any different from the special features to no features,i had the same smoke or fog or flections as with the special features had.But you know as i said i didnt see any difference at all.Just keep in mind that the resolution at install will be under 800,this will also give you the best look and feel.Everything ran smoothly for me and just to let you know what i got,....

1)AMD athlon 64 3000+
2)1 and half gigs of ram
3)seagate drive 80 gigs 7200 rpm
4)ATI x700 pro 256 megs of ram
5)creative labs sound blaster XFI extreme card 64 megs of ram
6)Sony dvd rom

So in closing,i dont have a whole lot of power persay though everything i play is so smooth and no glitches its just the way i tweak my machine i suppose.But i did turn down my CPU a bit before playing so i dont overheat too much.And it did the trick.Also turned down my rams voltage to balance out the CPU.But the graphics is what does it to people for crashes,thier cards get clogged of info too quickly and the CPU cant keep up for long,and whammmm crash!!.So dont worry about the card,turn down the heat a bit and resolution power,then try it again.

adam.jimenez
28th Feb 2008, 17:45
I got the exact same issue. Have a 7900GS, all drivers up-to-date.

Machine is well spec'ed amd x64 with 3GB ram
Isn't an overheating issue.

Hope someone has a fix for this.

Hey all,

TR-Legends - get into the game with all the features turned on and in about 5 minutes the screen starts get lots of broken polygon graphics flashing all over the place.

I have made sure I am using the most current video driver from NVidia (84.21), DirectX 9.0c, and also made sure I have set-up single core CPU for the game. Game seems to run for a few mintues and then breaks up. I start to change graphics in game and they go away and then reappear in about 5-ish minutes.

Any help or suggestions:

Hardware:
Asus A8N32-SLi deluxe - Mobo
AMD x64 4800+ dual core CPU
2gb of dual channel memory
300gb SATAII HD
and the big toy:
Asus N7800 dual GPU 512meg Video card (yes that's two gpu's on one card)
- the video is running in SLi mode.

I have tried - turning on/off SLi mode, dual CPU core mode on and off, uninstalling video driver and reinstalling video driver, all overclocking is off, I have turn off all features in game and including the special upper features, resolution from 1280x1024 down to 800x600 - still the same broken polygon graphics.

TYI:

UTWarden
1st Mar 2008, 18:15
a friend of mine had a GX2 and he had poor airflow so the card DID overheat.

SLI is NOT the issue as I have 2 7800 GTX in SLI and had NO trouble.

adam.jimenez
1st Mar 2008, 20:41
i reinstalled directx and turned vsync on.

not sure which did what - but seems to have made the game playable. altho i do get the odd issue now and then - it is much less frequent.