PDA

View Full Version : List of TR: Legend BUGS

Mex
19th Apr 2006, 12:10
This is the series of graphic faults which introduce themselves in the PC Tomb Raider: Legend version, with the next generation characteristics turned off. We wait for a patch solving these problems.

- In the movie to the end of the first level Lara's ponytail falls on her shoulders
- In the movie in which Amelia Croft gets into the stargate the corrupt textures of the door from which child Lara gets out
- In the movie at Crofts' mansion in which Zip shows Rutland's card on the monitor this last one appears black
- When we load a save Lara appears with a strange movement
- The letter "ù" (stressed U) is not used in the savegame names (Perù in the Italian version)
- The textures of Sara's face, in the flashback level
- There are graphic imperfections when the movies start in the levels: Bolivia, Peru and Kazakhstan
- Some Japanese guards have both the grey hair and the black ones
- Corrupt textures above the Japanese dragon in the relative room
- In Ghana, the corrupt textures of the door from which Lara enters the room with the two flights of stairs to reach the boss Rutland
- Textures lacking on big part of the ground of the motorbike level in Kazakhstan
- Corrupt textures to the exit of the tunnel in which the train explodes, in Kazakhstan
- In the menu in Kazakh style the sky between the mountains has corrupt textures
- The extra images are not shown in "Locations informations" and the extra sketches in Lara's biography
- Missing chickens in Peru
- Lasers lacking in Japan
- Missing textures of the surface of water
- Crash when tries to open the extra "objects models" of the level in Kazakhstan
- Textures not joined on the joints of Lara's model
- In the movie "go back to the past" Lara's plait initially enters in the rucksack and is rigid
- In the movie "Amanda's fall" loadable in the extras, Lara has equipment, rucksack and ponytail as in the present
- Eyes without textures of the monster of King Arthur's tomb
- Corrupted textures to the entrance of the cave with the lake (where there is the little waterfall)
- In Arthur's tomb the windows have corrupted textures
- The lantern above the door of the entry of the sepulchral room has sides with missing textures
- The sky is corrupted in the first zone with Rutland's mercenaries in Nepal
- The central part of the magnetic hook lacks during all the game
- The textures of the border of the PDA are wrong in the filmed in which it is presented
- Some textures lack at the base of the rock on which is positioned the altar in the level "Bolivia": "the return"
- In Lara's gym even if the crescent-moon is not rotated with the magnetic hook Lara can hang up it

dhama
19th Apr 2006, 12:12
You forgot one... the system that most of us is using constitutes a bug. ;)

Mr. Furious
19th Apr 2006, 12:41
No, he really forgot one...game crashes when Party Female A Model for Japan is viewed.

RAZMAT
19th Apr 2006, 14:41
i had one that i posted elswhere.when i went over the edge on the motor bike along the train and died,the game came back on and it was at a point where lara kept hitting the cliff and dying.for a while i could'nt get back to the pause menu to stop the game.actually , if you look at the technical forum,it looks like there is several more.the list is pretty long if you ask me.

ShadowOfOblivion
19th Apr 2006, 15:09
GOD not another one of these threads. *pulls my hair out*

Okay first, I see a lot of these bugs are complaining about textures. As far as I know that has to do with your graphic card and absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual game itself.

Secondly, AOD had far more bugs then Legend ever could so the fact you're wasting your time pulling the game apart is seriously pathetic.

Goran, please merge all complaint threads into one, otherwise I might stop coming to these boards..I'm annoyed past my wits end.

bjdub
19th Apr 2006, 15:29

I hope he knows they aren't visible unless you turn on the sprinklers.

Johnny
19th Apr 2006, 18:13
These bugs should have been addressed BEFORE the game was released IMHO. :rolleyes: But... before I get attacked, Legend was still a good game despite these imperfections. :p ;)

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 18:21
water shader...issues with object with water in background
japan: eyeglasses of her fat friend...you just can see true them and the fat man's head :confused:

TR Fan21
19th Apr 2006, 21:12
GOD not another one of these threads. *pulls my hair out*

Okay first, I see a lot of these bugs are complaining about textures. As far as I know that has to do with your graphic card and absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual game itself.

Secondly, AOD had far more bugs then Legend ever could so the fact you're wasting your time pulling the game apart is seriously pathetic.

Goran, please merge all complaint threads into one, otherwise I might stop coming to these boards..I'm annoyed past my wits end.

I agree with your on this....lately that's pretty much what I see, but every game has some sort of bug. The Sims2 is chocked full of them, the Godfather Game has a few too. Some are graphic card related, which can be helped by driver updates, but some of them definitely need patching up.

I have it on xbox and haven't really played it long enough to find anything to complain about, but I'll be sure not to come here with my rants, if I have any.

GoranAgar
19th Apr 2006, 21:13

Ok, who took the chickens?

Isaac
19th Apr 2006, 21:22
No, he really forgot one...game crashes when Party Female A Model for Japan is viewed.

I have the North America version and I don't have this cinematics.
Also :

- Crash when tries to open the extra "objects models" of the level in Kazakhstan

This doesn't happen to me.

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 21:28
I have the North America version and I don't have this cinematics.
Also :

This doesn't happen to me.

extras -> object models

can you view all models without game crash ?

Isaac
19th Apr 2006, 21:45
extras -> object models

can you view all models without game crash ?

Yes. I don't get any crashes...there's just Amanda's Boss who is glitchy...

rpc7271
19th Apr 2006, 21:56
Chickens were good. Tasty wings

Mr. Furious
21st Apr 2006, 03:13
What Video Card do you have, Isaac?

RAZMAT
21st Apr 2006, 03:46
from my experience with it , i'm beggining to think legend has more bugs than aod.

baylisst
21st Apr 2006, 10:08
legend definatly doesn't have more bugs than AoD. the only ones i've found are the one with the japanese guy's see-through head and sara's face (both of which i found quite funny) and the numerous objects which i can't view in the object viewer, which i find strange as the all appear fine in-game.

plus i've only actually seen 2 or 3 threads which are about bugs, although i haven't been into the tech forum yet

Isaac
21st Apr 2006, 16:11
legend definatly doesn't have more bugs than AoD. the only ones i've found are the one with the japanese guy's see-through head and sara's face (both of which i found quite funny) and the numerous objects which i can't view in the object viewer, which i find strange as the all appear fine in-game.

plus i've only actually seen 2 or 3 threads which are about bugs, although i haven't been into the tech forum yet

Huh, I don't know why but it seems that you have more bugs than I could have. I can see all the objects models without any problem, no glitches in the Japanese guy and no glitches with Tokamoto...

I think that Crystal Dinamics modified and arranged some bugs before releasing the game in America...

Parasite27
22nd Apr 2006, 00:00
Ok, who took the chickens?

I BBQed the chickens, I tried to shoot them but Lara can't aim very well.

As for the bugs..yes there are a few but most cases they do not make the game unplayable but they should be addressed.
Over all TRL is a decent game

Silver_Rain
22nd Apr 2006, 00:16
the only ones i've found are the one with the japanese guy's see-through head and sara's face (both of which i found quite funny)

I haven't seen any of these, but I've seen straight through Lara's head:eek: Kind of reminded me of Pierre in AOD, but at least he had his eyeballs intact. I've also seen a few other things, such as Lara standing in mid-air, walking through the cages in the see-saw room in Bolivia, standing with one foot stuck in rocks on the ground, mercenaries getting stuck in the walls, with the moving walls in Bolivia you can actually see segments of the walls behind her instead of only seeing her back. And yeah, the crash with the Kazakhstan object models too.

These bugs don't bother me though.....it doesn't ruin the fun gameplay and that's the most important thing of all:D

Systemshocked
28th Apr 2006, 01:11
This bug is in the Ghana (West Africa) level in the shaft above the room with the: 1) large gun battle, 2) the statue that's leaning on one wheel which is destroyed when you knock over the other statue (by shooting it with the .50 cal), and 3) where you have to activate a waterfall to start the other wheel moving so that a trap is activated and you can proceed in the level.

As you climb up the waterfall guard, the waterfall is already activated. I'm sure that since the puzzle is NOT activated when you get up there, the WATERFALL is NOT SUPPOSED to be falling already. It's only supposed to animate as a waterfall AFTER you complete the puzzle, by locking the statue's arms in the down position and thereby raising the gate, unblocking the water and THEN causing the water to start falling, thereby animating a waterfall behind the bronze metal waterfall guard/ladder/metal grid.

At first, when I climbed up the shaft to the top, and saw a view of the next puzzle area, I was perplexed to see this waterfall animating while a cheetah was prowling around on the floor below the gate blocking the water. I thought, surely the cheetah must be drowning, no? But when I jumped down, there wasn't any water, even though this waterfall was apparently animating right out of thin air.

It's kind of funny. A simple scripting logic bug.

bjdub
28th Apr 2006, 05:51
This is the series of graphic faults which introduce themselves in the PC Tomb Raider: Legend version, with the next generation characteristics turned off. We wait for a patch solving these problems.

- The letter "ù" (stressed U) is not used in the savegame names (Perù in the Italian version)

These lead me to believe you're anxious to find "problems/glitches." I'm on the 360 and have only seen a couple glitches - far less than most games - microscopically less compared to AOD.

winston
28th Apr 2006, 10:07
Wow thats a pretty hefty list!!

I dont know if this constitutes a bug or not but last night i was playing on Legend. Im on Ghana and i paused it just before Lara had to go past that set of spikes and blades. Well i paused it, but then the screen went weird, like i had kept pressing down on pause. I couldnt do anything to stop it except reset the PS2!!! :confused:

Just thought i would share, wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

Ricktang
28th Apr 2006, 20:03
In croft Manor, I have collected all the rewards but 1 silver, I worked at it for soo long, and I need it for 100% game complete. So I did a last dich effort and looked at a walkthru to find it and found out its

****spolier****

in the main room up the right side, I pulled the log out of the wall with my hook and shot the other with my guns, but unlike the other side were I pulled, no door opened, the log went in when I shot it. I can see the silver reward when I move close and move the camera around thru the wall, but I cant get it. can anyone help? By the way I am playing ps2 ver.

thnx:mad2:

Fixed

No matter how many times I reloaded croft manor shooting the log in the main room never opened the hidden door for the silver reward, untill I pulled out my mem card for my ps2 and loaded croft manor fresh and new with out any save spots, then put in mem card and exited croft manor with out saveing then loaded my saved game in croft manor. Went to that log and it was sticking out, shot it and oh ya the hidden door opened and I got my reward. Now I have 100%. I almost started all over again.

GeorgeMaciver
28th Apr 2006, 20:11
Actually, Core are bribing people to start all these rants :D

Alexlovesguns
30th Apr 2006, 00:24
I waited not only to have enough time but for the right one to start this whole new TR experience..

I got these 2..

- The textures of Sara's face, in the flashback level.
- There are graphic imperfections when the movies start in the levels: Bolivia, Peru and Kazakhstan.

And Lara walks thru the rocks where she finds Amanda's boot..

So far, im not very happy and i even consider waiting for a 1.2 patch so i can make a fresh new start. The bugs were the reason i never finished AoD ( that and the fact that AoD was garbage..)

This game is amazing but i want to play a polished and finished version of it.
Please tell me there will be a 1.2 soon :( .

trlissweezet
30th Apr 2006, 00:39
u guys the r frickin' textures deal w/ it!

katie07
13th Jul 2006, 01:00
I only found 1 glitch. In Peru, the ball puzzle, after you move a ball onto the pressure plate, a cutscene comes up and you see Lara standing near the ball. If the ball is still rolling on the pressure plate during the cutscene, Lara will "pop" up on the ball if it rolls near her.

Katie

StarChampagne
13th Jul 2006, 07:55
The only one I've really noticed is how the game crashes when I view object models, which is annoying :(

In Croft Manor, if you stand Lara on one of the armchairs and turn her, one of her legs will be bent up because it is resting on the arms. If you turn her some more, both legs will be bent. This probably isn't a bug, it just looks quite funny :)

For me, a lot of the bugs in Aod depended greatly which computer I played it on. On one of them it crashed the computer so that it could only be switched off by unplugging the power, while on the other, it was fine. I wonder why it was different on different computers... (no patches or anything)

And it would have been nice to have seen those chickens!

Jurjen
13th Jul 2006, 10:54
Get the 1.2 patch, viewing object models shouldn't crash anymore after that.