PDA

View Full Version : Future of Nosgoth if Elder God dies?

demon_overdrive
19th Apr 2006, 10:24
Hi there!;)
Well i guess it's a nice topic to start with if not already posted on the forum.:D

What will be the future of Nosgoth if the Elder God goes to hell at

the hands of kain in LoK6 & to be more precise what will become of the wheel

of life, the cycle of death and rebirth for all the living beings in Nosgoth as it

is this piece of crap the Elder God [who always kept

begging Raziel to feed him with the souls of delicious vampires and the

mother of all dishes kain's soul] who constantly needs to feed upon

human souls as well as that of common vampires to build up his tentacles

muscles :D to get a better grip & control of the the wheel of life and after

he's dead perhaps there would be no rebirth as the souls roaming around will

be there for eternity & therefore the spectral realm would finally have more

population than the material world:D . (i think he in his younger days

might be taking asteroids to increase his tentacles height as well as upgrade

his muscles but the turning point is when he stopped taking asteroids...he

became similar to the Nature Boy:D, dull and eventually lost the battle

against kain but surprisingly he somehow survived as a matter of fact)

:rolleyes: Ahem!... So what then???:eek: Will the people of

Nosgoth be free from the shackles of this trend of death & rebirth to which

they were once bound and how would it effect the evolution of species?

Would the time stop or what??Any ideas?:)

demon_overdrive
19th Apr 2006, 13:44
This topic ain't that bad,:mad: come on guys admit it that u too believe that

the Elder God 's days are numbered in the next installment :cool: and sooner

or later this topic has to be raised so why not discuss on it as we have

already played the Defiance and can easily imagine what to get from the next

installment. :)

DemonicDC
19th Apr 2006, 16:39
Seeying as his IS alknowing in the timelines raziel does not alter, (So alknowing up to the part where raz chances, something, and then allknowing from that part on) and he can resurrect ppl (our temperal boldy) and that he is everywhere simultaniously (which is quite true) I'd say he might very well be the soul thing keeping new birth coming.

demon_overdrive
19th Apr 2006, 18:51
Seeying as his IS alknowing in the timelines raziel does not alter, (So alknowing up to the part where raz chances, something, and then allknowing from that part on) and he can resurrect ppl (our temperal boldy) and that he is everywhere simultaniously (which is quite true) I'd say he might very well be the soul thing keeping new birth coming.

Well what i have mentioned in my original post is

what will happen to the future of Nosgoth if the Elder God dies but what you say can be an exception like what if he does not die & instead be out there in some soul form to be at some time reborn and as for the other part what difference will it make by ressurecting another body if the elder himself dies,..what i mean is it won't have elder's mind but a mind of his own very much like Raziel had and it would hardly stand a chance before Kain :) . Now,for the first part i may have agreed with you but don't you think that the physical soul reaver blade which is highly capable of devouring souls able to kill the elder god, as it dosen't matter upto which part of the world his stupid tentacles reach to another level of stupidity or how many souls are in his freaki'n mouth or body or what ever 'cause in the end he would have all his stomach sucked the hell out by the soul reaver:D.

Well know this, here's what the reaver can do , it can shatter the whole system of elder god from top to bottom :D as if you remember just before the climax while having a conversation with Raziel he said something like, "you can't even touch me with that spectral weapon of u'r's 'cause it's just a wraith blade just your soul & if u remember, it was i who raised you and u'r just a little portion of me and can do me no harm".

After that when kain fought him, his sword knocked the b*lls out of Uncle Elder and would have ended his story right there knocking him out of the lok series if the cathidle would not have started falling:D

So you see he's, not quite immortal when one has the daddy of all swords "the Soul Reaver".:D

So as i said in my earlier posts, he would rather die then like u said he will some how survive in some soul or energy form. :rolleyes:

Well i do appreciate your thoughts on the subject & as everyone has his/her own library of thoughts, i won't jump to some conclusion on this very topic and ofcourse which is why this thread is here.:)

DemonicDC
19th Apr 2006, 20:56
No.. EG is quite correct. It can not harm him, cause its only a wraith blade.
So why did Kain hurt him? (a little bit). The Soul part only made kain able to see EG. Its the material part which did the damage. Kains old blood reaver, or any sword for that matter can hurt EG, if you can see EG. To bad you can't see him without the spirit part hehe.

And I say hurt, but I sure hell doubt it would be kill. More like a fly, or attempts

demon_overdrive
19th Apr 2006, 22:52
No.. EG is quite correct. It can not harm him, cause its only a wraith blade.
So why did Kain hurt him? (a little bit). The Soul part only made kain able to see EG. Its the material part which did the damage. Kains old blood reaver, or any sword for that matter can hurt EG, if you can see EG. To bad you can't see him without the spirit part hehe.
And I say hurt, but I sure hell doubt it would be kill. More like a fly, or attempts

:) Look, here's the cure to your distorted concepts;)

Well u'r absolutely right at this point that wraith blade might be a weapon but cannot harm that Scum bag 'cause it's the symbiotic form of reaver and basically the soul of Raziel which serves as his weapon in the spectral releam and as elder feeds on souls how can he be harmed by a simple weapon which is again just a soul. On the other hand your theory is absolutely wrong man that Raziel's soul just made him able to see Elder God and that even the old blood reaver could have inflicted the damage alone on that scum bag if only the Kain was able to see him. Well! first of all the reaver blade you are mentioning as the blood reaver is known by only one name i.e., Soul reaver inspite of the form it is in (blood sucking or soul sucking form).

The reaver without Raziel's soul imbued in it what you call the Blood Reaver could practically do sort of no harm to the Elder irrespective of whether Kain can see the scum bag or not. Now the reaver with Raizel's soul in it, what you call the Soul Reaver is way more powerful than the Blood Reaver you could ever have imagined and believe me when i say the Blood Reaver can't even put a scratch on the Elder God despite being the physical blade as have you ever heard in any of the forums that this scum bag feed on blood rather than on souls. Now thats the point, the blood reaver can't satisfy it's blood hunger on the elder god cause it has no blood running through his body and therefore won't be able to utilize it's power on Elder thus causing him no harm where as Raziels soul enters the reaver to make it the full-fleged Soul Reaver, the allmighty daddy of all the swords that is completely the Soul devouring blade which is physical in nature as well as rock solid and not the spectral blade which is just a symbiotic weapon. Now tell me what the hell makes you think that the soul part just makes Kain able to see the scum bag and dosen't plays a special role in kicking the ghost out of the Elder God?:D

I think the reason for your getting confused sometimes is probably due to the bad impact of the LOk timeline on your mind:D :thumbsup:

DemonicDC
19th Apr 2006, 23:06
I am naming it bloodreaver just for the name, more clear. I know its the same blade.

I just disagree.. You ever tried to hit EG with the bloodreaver? It does not need the soul. Hitting EG makes the tentacle cut and spit out green blood, anythign cut spits out blood right. No reason why it has to be the soul embued Soulreaver. (ok, raziel fixing Kain made him see, but there the same raz and the soulreaver hehe, well atleast the wraith)

You say the reaver can't satisfy bloodhunger..
* I see blood when I cut him
* Souldreaver only eats souls when the entity you attack has died, EG did not die.

I aint saying its not a possibility that only the soulreaver can harm EG, I am just saying that its also very possible anything can harm EG, noone could ever try. The soulreaver itself consists of the bloodreaver combined with the wraithblade, and thats the whole point.

Not getting confused, just saying that just cause the Soulreaver IS the strongest sword does not mean that because of that its the only thing it can harm EG if noone ever had the option to try

demon_overdrive
20th Apr 2006, 00:42
well you're right but just when you say the soul reaver is the combined form of both the Blood Reaver and the wraith blade but what i wanted to say i guess you didn't get it. See the wraith blade + blood reaver does make the soul reaver but again when the wraith blade i.e., Raziel's soul combine with the blood reaver it becomes a physical soul devouring blade and also the wraith blade alone is a soul devourer being raziels soul but with a difference that it's symbiotic in nature and not physical. After becoming the complete soul reaver it looses the property of the Blood Reaver & hits the soul directly with the normal enemies as well as other powerful enemies going flat in just 2-3 slashes and for the Bosses it's always much easier than with the blood reaver. And its because of the full-fleged Soul Reaver he is able to hit the Elder to do some great deal of damage now suppose had it been the blood reaver it would have taken centuries to get nothing but wasting time & as you speak of green blood which comes out on hitting it's tentacles, let me remind you that it's the true Soul Reaver which in this powerful form looses the property of blood sucking and becomes the ultimate soul devouring weapon which is why it works on the Elder God effectively snatching each and every bit of souls in it with each strike Kain does. And one more thing i would like to clear up is ,the Vampires are supposed to drink and survive on red blood containing RBC's and WBC's rather than some demon blood which is blue & some green poisonous material you call blood... Now comes the part of the original Soul Reaver sword which was made, a hundred's of centurie's ago for it's blade possessed some black magic which gave it's blade the same thurst for blood as the vampires do which we call unofficially as the blood reaver. So, similar to Vampires it feeded it self with it's prey's life blood which was red and not some greenish chemical.....Hope you got it.:) all you need is to apply your logic in the right direction & you will probably get what i am saying :p thumbsup:

Well if you wanna clear it for your self you can always try the Blood Reaver on the Elder God instead of Soul Reaver using any of the Defiance Trainers available out there and see if what you say works??:).

FearGhoul
20th Apr 2006, 02:36
I have a feeling that the Blood Reaver would be able to feed on green blood too, though there's no evidence. It could actually poison it in some way though. Maybe that's why they gave the demons red blood? Just so they could avoid the issue?
Something I've wondered about the Soul Reaver hitting the Elder God too; if the Soul Reaver is Raziel and so channels the souls to the Elder God once it devours one, what would happen when the Elder God gets hit? Is it the fact that he's sort of feeding on himself that has to do with him getting hurt? And another thing, is there any actual evidence in this series that souls are reborn eventually? I don't think we ever see any real evidence at all, and instead the souls are created at fertilization.

TheWatcher
20th Apr 2006, 02:54
In answer to the topic title question, I think Nosgoth will return to its glory days (prior to the pillars' corruption) when (not if) the elder god dies. I fully believe the EG will fall at the hands of Kain and the soul reaver in LOK6. I should say the purified spirit reaver, as the blade Kain fought the elder god with is unique to all of its other forms. This is why it has the ability to destroy the EG. Remember how vigorously the EG defended the spirit forge against Raziel. He knew the potential it had with respect to the blade.

I've always believed that the EG is just a parasite (albiet an ancient one) taking advantage of the souls of the dead, and is the source of Nosgoth's corruption. The souls of the dead may become free to assume the roles they were meant to (in a reincarnation-esque manner), or might simply pass on to the spectral realm allowing new souls to populate Nosgoth.

FearGhoul
20th Apr 2006, 03:25
So maybe the Spectral Realm has some higher purpose that it can olny realize if it is free to fill up with souls? But then the Sluagh eat a bunch of souls too, so it might work as natural selection, or population control, or something.

Crrash
20th Apr 2006, 07:59
just a short question... how does Kain plan to kill EG? As we know time abhors a paradox, and the only way to override it is to have 2 of the exact same souls at the same time and at the same place. But if Kain kills EG doesnt that change MUCH. NO reborn Raziel, no soul feeding, no raziel in blood reaver, no soul reaver killing william the just, no overpowerful Kain.
Yet didnt all happen because EG told moebius (or however he was called) to do those things? So no corruption of guardians, no Kain,everything good and well as it was before Blood Omen started.
Now, again my question, how is Kain going to kill the Elder God if there is no distortion?

btw. i dont believe EG helps souls to be reborn, i mean, didnt he get bigger and bigger with each soul? wasnt he feeding?

DemonicDC
20th Apr 2006, 09:57
Don't worry overdrive.. I knew that already. Just forgot to state that I know it changes on itself when the bloodreaver and wraith blade form the Soulreaver.

All you said I know already, just explain it crap I guess.

Also you are quite correct that the Soul reaver is the strongest, just we don't know if other weapons work. (although doing alot less damage perhaps)

Glad we agree

demon_overdrive
20th Apr 2006, 14:24
Also you are quite correct that the Soul reaver is the strongest, just we don't know if other weapons work. (although doing alot less damage perhaps)

Glad we agree

:) well, i'm really glad to know that u'r on the right track!:thumbsup:

dumah's wraith
20th Apr 2006, 21:38
Well, when it comes to this particular topic , there can be hell

lot of possibilities which can be drawn out and that is why this thread is

here 'cause a single person can't think all at the same time. Well, to your

post i should add by saying that as per your thinking there again can be two

possibilities.

A) What if that Elder god really is a scum bag which should be a highly rated issue in my own opinion. What i mean to say is i don't really believe that the Uncle Elder is anywhere near to the driver's seat when it comes to controlling the wheel of life he don't know a ***** in my opinion and is only fooling us in the name of god as no body knows about his origion thereby taking advantage of it and probably is there from the time before the formation of the pillars. He might have some how survived some acute destruction aeons before such that he got stucked 1/4th in the material plane & 3/4 in the spectral plane which was just as new for him as for us when we saw it first in SR1 and managed to flourish by feeding on souls of other living species which i guess was his advantage after being more than half-stuck in the spectral dimension from the very beginning of the world later to be known as Nosgoth though he do not know anything about this wheel of life thing but just keeps on anyway and what else makes you think he is almost every where in the depths of Nosgoth after hell lot of this time span.Try this, give Kain just a half of the time to evolve (than compared to the Elder) and i bet kain would become more than twice the bad a$$ than the Elder God seems to be. So, if this is the case it dosen't really matters if he dies or not probably 'cause it's hardly going to make any difference in the cycle of life and death which would be going on as usual except for most of the burden on Nosgoth's shoulder would be halved:D

B) What if he really is wheel of life as it seems. Now in this case the future of Nosgoth will be greatly effected as already discussed in my last few posts, i.e., either there would be no death sort of thing for except some one murder's you or there would be no more rebirth's (well i should admit i'm not quite sure about this rebirth theory 'cause no body knows for that matter even the elder god don't seem to bother to give a ***** on this topic anyway ( oh! mom i am always starving inspite of all i eat the whole day:( ):D that where the hack does all the souls go when he devours it maybe to the recycle factory:D lol I don't think so)Ya! but evolution of all the species might still go fine resulting in the increase in population in the spectral realm if they died eventually 'cause all of his dogs (slaughs who are a part of him) would either die with their daddy or would no longer for that matter be able to feed on soul and become souls themselves.('cause they would have no purpose left as all the souls they devoured directly went to Elder's freaki'n stomach, mouth or whatever you want to call it or instead they would lose this ability to devour souls :rolleyes: )

And as for the mind goes, there's no limit to thoughts. Keep on thinking:) :thumbsup:
Sluagh are completely independant of eg

FearGhoul
20th Apr 2006, 22:31
That's right, the Elder God encouraged Raziel to wipe out as many Sluagh as he could while going around killing his brothers. And as for Kain killing the Elder God, killing him would not totally screw up the timeline. All he would have to do is go to some point after the SR1 era and then there wouldn't be any fate to get in his way.
Though what if the Elder God really did turn out to be the Wheel of Fate and really was vital to the land? That would be a pretty funny twist.