PDA

View Full Version : SecuROM Issues

Giolon
17th Apr 2006, 22:36
I originally sent an e-mail to SecuROM on Wednesday with an analysis file because I bought Tomb Raider Legend and upon running the game I received the error message: "Please insert the original disc." After sending them the analysis file, you guys at SecuROM sent me a link to a new TRL.exe file. This file works fine, because it does not do any DVD check. However, the new file has *a 7 day limit on it*. The file will not work after 3 more days (with a notice from SecuROM that the license will expire)! I e-mailed SecuROM about this and they say that it is not their problem and that I must contact the software's publisher about it.

So, I have tried calling the technical support number in the manual and on Eidos's website but there is no response there, even though this is during their "normal business hours"! I even called the Eidos San Francisco headquarters and some lady checked on the tech support department and she said nobody was there and she didn't know why!

What am I supposed to do? I have purchased a game that I can only play for 3 more days and that's it! Can anybody help me? Do any Eidos officials read this board?

brat352
17th Apr 2006, 22:52
:mad:
I have the exact same problem. Except that the exe file they sent me doesn't work.

I took the game back to Gamespot, they gave me a BRAND NEW DVD and I still get the same stupid message.

Waiting for them to get back to me again. I have had this game since Thursday April 13 - it is Monday April 17 and I have not been able to play this game AT ALL!!!

SECUROM SUCKS!

Trinity34
18th Apr 2006, 00:33
So there is no way to uninstall securom at all or deactivate it?

R1c4n
18th Apr 2006, 00:39
This may be a long shot, but try reformatting if they don't get back to you soon. Also make sure you don't have any alcohol 120% or Daemon tools installed on your pc, if so, uninstall those.

Giolon
18th Apr 2006, 00:42
Nothing, none of that stuff installed. Reformatting my PC is not a realistic option at this point.

dawilli
18th Apr 2006, 00:46
Hey Trin, it's Gonga!

This is the same kind of problem everyone had with Securom when Myst V End of Ages came out. The problem is the game won't work with particular DVD drives which are capable of burning DVDs. If you can use a different drive, especially a DVD-ROM drive, that's the surest solution, though it's a crapshoot which drives will/won't work unless they're DVD-ROM. If you read the requirements for the game, they say "DVD-ROM" drive. Too bad they don't spell out that the copy protection doesn't work with many DVD/RW drives, even with some DVD drives that only write to CDs.

Trinity34
18th Apr 2006, 00:48
Well hang on to the file the securom people sent you. Maybe Eidos or someone can write a patch from it.

Trinity34
18th Apr 2006, 00:51
Hey Trin, it's Gonga!

Hey Gonga. How have you been these days? Enjoying the springtime? Well its spring here in Ohio at least.. don't know about New York. :)

DABhand
18th Apr 2006, 03:05
I originally sent an e-mail to SecuROM on Wednesday with an analysis file because I bought Tomb Raider Legend and upon running the game I received the error message: "Please insert the original disc." After sending them the analysis file, you guys at SecuROM sent me a link to a new TRL.exe file. This file works fine, because it does not do any DVD check. However, the new file has *a 7 day limit on it*. The file will not work after 3 more days (with a notice from SecuROM that the license will expire)! I e-mailed SecuROM about this and they say that it is not their problem and that I must contact the software's publisher about it.

So, I have tried calling the technical support number in the manual and on Eidos's website but there is no response there, even though this is during their "normal business hours"! I even called the Eidos San Francisco headquarters and some lady checked on the tech support department and she said nobody was there and she didn't know why!

What am I supposed to do? I have purchased a game that I can only play for 3 more days and that's it! Can anybody help me? Do any Eidos officials read this board?

Actually it is their problem, prove to them you have a legit copy by scanning your receipt, DVD (number in inside ring is unique) and tell them to provide support or you can seek compensation through small claims court.

Eidos are the publishers, they didnt make the protection so they obviously cant help in that area, although if you proved to them you have a legit copy and receipt (to show you didnt hire it etc) they might give you an executable that bypasses the check.

Gamer4Lyfe
1st Jun 2009, 12:12
I have the same problem. I'm about to return the game. This is BS.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=89346