PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Geeks !!! Legend Sound Problem

JunoJIm
17th Apr 2006, 19:16
Somebody out there must be able to psych this out !!!

It's related to sampling rate, and possibly IRQ sharing / position - also, there's an integrating effect, from the Legend software, that's why a "fix" seems to work, then after a while, it doesn't. C'mon you geniuses, let's figure this out !!!

(I'm not ruining my experience by trying to play through this annoyance, so Legend is on hold, until the answer is found...)

dhama
17th Apr 2006, 20:01
Don't tell me, you have a Soundblaster Live JJ; right? :D

Well if you don't, what card is it?

JunoJIm
17th Apr 2006, 21:45
Exactically Right !!!

My Video card is an old ATI 8500 - have no video probs, but when I go in and try a "fix" - especially resetting the game to defaults, it seems to be ok. Then, after several minutes of play - maybe half an hour sometimes, the static creeps back in...

There's some kind of integrator "winding up" - accumulating something somewhere, then overflowing - it's in the EIDOS software...

The effect changes with different refresh rate settings - ??? :D

crimsonsmoke
18th Apr 2006, 00:06
If you're having the sound blaster stuttering issue I suggest you go into your hardware manager and disable your integrated sound card. Then, if you turn off Midi and several other unused sound formats in your windows volume control manel, you should find that Tomb Raider: Legend runs without any audio reltated problems.

At least that's what I did and it worked for me.