PDA

View Full Version : Terrible performance problem

VenicuS
17th Apr 2006, 17:21
I know that this issue has been covered in other posts, and I apologive if I'm breaking etiquette in creating a new one, but the "lag" issue from the initial screen has got to be adressed. For me, and from what I've read, the other users with this issue, the problem with severe slowness makes this game simply unplayable. The demo ran great, and I loved it, and I really, really want to play TR: L, but I simply can't, due this perfromance bug.

I've attempted following some of the steps mention in other threads, in terms of setting the priority for trl.exe in Task Manager, updating the appropriate drivers, etc with no success. I've enabled/disabled NextGen content, enabled/disabled FSAA, nd have even pulled my wireless keyboard and gone back to good ol' fashioned PS/2, again with no success. And once actually get to the level itself, forget actually doing anything, as a single keypress usually doesn't register, and if it does, it's 45 seconds after the fact, or I try to move Lara forward, and she takes off halfway across the map. My machine is fairly up to speed, and has no issues running the game other than the performance problem. But's truly destroying any enjoyment from this game. Is there anything I may be missing, or somehting I can do to resolve this before taking it back to the store and praying I can actually get a refund?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/17/2006, 13:07:18
Machine name: SHIRE
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: VT8367-8235
BIOS: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 192MB used, 4267MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6600 GT

D.H1cks
17th Apr 2006, 18:52
Have you checked out this post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=58396

VenicuS
17th Apr 2006, 23:49
Have you checked out this post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=58396

Actually I have, and thus far I've had no success. And seeing as I don't currently own a USB gamepad, I realy don't see the need to run out and buy one solely to install it, and uninstall it for TR. I certainly hope that the Dev Team is able to address the issue. And as an addendum, it seems that the copy I purchased today is pre-patched to v. 1.1.