PDA

View Full Version : Lara will not WALK, she just RUNS!

Marilee
17th Apr 2006, 06:03
Hi Everyone,

I purchased the full version of TR Legend today, and it seemed to install with no problem.

However, I cannot get Lara to walk. She runs everywhere. Yes, I do use the shift key (the manual says Walk/Sneak) however she neither walks nor sneaks....just runs.

I read a suggestion where the camera should be kept behind Lara when she makes her moves, however, she still runs. Oh my goodness, can some one help me please? eek:

Heather

Marilee
18th Apr 2006, 00:56
Hi Everyone,

I may have solved the problem with Lara's consistent running. I am using the keyboard and the mouse.

To make her walk I had to use the "shift" key on the left side of the keyboard.
I can then make her 'sneak walk' which is certainly better than running. Can anyone get her to actually walk normal?

These controls are sure more confusing than all the previous TR Games.

Trinity34
18th Apr 2006, 00:58
do you have a gamepad installed on your computer? Some people have had problems with Lara running non stop with a gamepad installed even tho they were not using a gamepad.

Marilee
18th Apr 2006, 01:06
No, I don't have a gamepad installed. Thanks anyways.

noxdg
18th Apr 2006, 06:10
I use a PS2 controller via USB adaptor. Pushing the analog stick forward a tiny bit makes Lara sneak, a bit more she walks, all the way she runs.

You said you're not using a gamepad, though.

Btw, the PS2 controller is fantastic. I'm a diehard keyboard/mouse user, but I found this playing this game was natural for a gamepad.