PDA

View Full Version : TRL glitch for time trails, so you can BEAt it.

Resident Evil X
17th Apr 2006, 00:32
I could be brief..but i choose not to..sorry dont have much time, just do this.

#1 choose any level with time trail difficulty.

#2 Start the level..ONCE ACTUAL Gameplay starts..QUIT!.

#3 CHoose the same level..BUT dont TOUCH outfit nor difficulty..LEAVE IT AS IS. Just Hit CONTINUE.

#4 you will start the level with NO TIMER.

#5 Once you DIE!! the TIMER will start. SO make sure your at the last checkpoint or 50% of the level done..so if you die..you have 20 minutes to finish it etc.

i did this with xbox 360 TRL. AFTER i got 100%. i was messing around and i found this glitch.

YES you can recieve xbox 360 achievements for time trail doing this. and YES you can still use cheats like ifinite ammo etc.

this is a nice glitch...for those who rented TRL and want 1000 gamerscore on it..or ofcourse the lazy's :D .

officerpuppy
17th Apr 2006, 02:38
I just tried this on the Bolivia level with the Xbox version and it totally worked :p

Resy
17th Apr 2006, 06:03
I'll have to try that on my PS2 lol

Resident Evil X
17th Apr 2006, 22:29
yep, it works 100% hehe. :thumbsup:

laraflames
17th Apr 2006, 22:40
sweet thanks resident evil X :D

Silver_Rain
17th Apr 2006, 22:51
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on the PC, unless I'm doing something wrong:(

Oh well, I'll either have to beat them the "real" way or wait until I get a chance to play the PS2 version in two and a half month from now:rolleyes:

sheighton
17th Apr 2006, 22:52
For some god awful reason it will not allow me to create a new thread so I am going to attach this to this thread...

Hey how long are the time trials supposed to be? I keep trying the first Bolivia time trial and it only give me 12:30 to do the entire thing in...Now I get right up to the end of the level where you have to fight the mercenaries and then it times out. No I do not die, and no I do not stall. I move as quickly as possible and if only I had another 30 seconds...

Ironically I was able to finish the Bolivia Redux time trial in half of the given time, but I am having some trouble with this one. Any speed tips would be appreciated...

By the way, I trried the glitch tip that the OP posted on the PC and it does not work...

laraflames
17th Apr 2006, 22:57
For some god awful reason it will not allow me to create a new thread so I am going to attach this to this thread...

Hey how long are the time trials supposed to be? I keep trying the first Bolivia time trial and it only give me 12:30 to do the entire thing in...Now I get right up to the end of the level where you have to fight the mercenaries and then it times out. No I do not die, and no I do not stall. I move as quickly as possible and if only I had another 30 seconds...

Ironically I was able to finish the Bolivia Redux time trial in half of the given time, but I am having some trouble with this one. Any speed tips would be appreciated...

By the way, I trried the glitch tip that the OP posted on the PC and it does not work...
yea mine to when i was in blolivia i just got to the part where she does see saw:(

Silver_Rain
17th Apr 2006, 23:00
yea mine to when i was in blolivia i just got to the part where she does see saw:(

Yup, that's as far as I got too.....I even narrowed it down to killing four guards tops, but still there doesn't seem to be enough time for me:rolleyes:

Mr. Furious
18th Apr 2006, 00:06
Here are the times to beat:

Cheats for Tomb Raider Legend on the PC are entered during gameplay, but first they must be unlocked. Here is how you unlock the cheat codes.

Bulletproof Lara
Complete England in less than 27:00

Draw Enemy Health
Complete Bolivia in less than 12:30.

Infinite Assault Rifle Ammo
Complete Japan in less than 12:15.

Infinite Grenade Launcher Ammo
Complete Kazakhstan in less than 27:10.

Infinite Shotgun Ammo
Complete Ghana in less than 20:00.

Infinite SMG Ammo
Complete Peru in less than 21:30.

One Shot Kills
Complete Bolivia Redux in less than 4:15.

Wield Excalibur
Complete Nepal in less than 13:40.

Wield Soul Reaver
Complete Game and all time trials.

Activating Cheat Codes

Once the cheats are unlocked, they can be activated using the following key combinations.

Bulletproof Lara
Hold Backspace and press 7

Infinate Assault Rifle Ammo
Hold Backspace and press 3

Infinite Grenade Launcher Ammo
Hold Backspace and press 4

Infinite Shotgun Ammo
Hold Backspace and press 5

Infinite SMG Ammo
Hold Backspace and press 6

One Shot Kill
Hold Backspace and press 8

Show Enemy Health
Hold Backspace and press 2

Textureless Mode
Hold Backspace and press 1

Wield Excalibur
Hold Backspace and press 9

Wield Soul Reaver
Hold Backspace and press 0

Also, that glitch doesn't work for PC.

laraflames
18th Apr 2006, 00:09
well how to u get that theres no way unless u use the glitch

Mr. Furious
18th Apr 2006, 00:19
Why do you think I'm pulling my hair out? I can't get it WITHOUT somehow slowing or stopping that timer.

laraflames
18th Apr 2006, 00:25
Why do you think I'm pulling my hair out? I can't get it WITHOUT somehow slowing or stopping that timer.
ones again ur pulllin hair:pno wounder ur mr.furious

Mr. Furious
18th Apr 2006, 00:33
LOL!

It would make it easier if there was some button to press to sprint.

And if you want to know, my handle came from the movie "Mistery Men".

Beechwell
18th Apr 2006, 00:42
Well you can't sprint. But you can speed up your climbing etc. by hitting the Action Button a lot. Does anyone know if the time keeps ticking during the cutscenes? I very much hope not, but just in case, I skip them all.
Bolivia and Peru timetrials have been no big difficulty for me. It's the Japan one where I'm stuck. I always fall off the plattforms :mad:

By the way, I can't create a new thread either. What is up with that?

laraflames
18th Apr 2006, 01:00
LOL!

It would make it easier if there was some button to press to sprint.

And if you want to know, my handle came from the movie "Mistery Men".
:D kewl never heard of it but okie its still a kewl as u call it*handle*:p

munchkin
18th Apr 2006, 01:14
Well you can't sprint. But you can speed up your climbing etc. by hitting the Action Button a lot. Does anyone know if the time keeps ticking during the cutscenes? I very much hope not, but just in case, I skip them all.
Bolivia and Peru timetrials have been no big difficulty for me. It's the Japan one where I'm stuck. I always fall off the plattforms :mad:

By the way, I can't create a new thread either. What is up with that?

i did the japan one today with 1 second left, i'm sure the neighbours must think i was going mad, i did the others no sweat but for some reason left that one till last, and boy is it a SOB to do. :)

good luck.

beccaxx

Resy
18th Apr 2006, 02:02
I tried it on my PS2 and it didn't work. :(

Beechwell
18th Apr 2006, 02:05
i did the japan one today with 1 second left, i'm sure the neighbours must think i was going mad, i did the others no sweat but for some reason left that one till last, and boy is it a SOB to do. :)

good luck.

beccaxx
*groan* Oh great. I'm already looking forward to it:mad: . Does it unlock anything good? Maybe I'll try out that time-trial cheat after all.

Resident Evil X
18th Apr 2006, 03:14
hm....this glitch might only work with xbox 360 then...i tried it today..and once again the glitch worked..

Vger
18th Apr 2006, 05:08

Okay tips for beating time trials on PC version.
1. Skip Cinematics, a no brainer really.
2. Unlock all three pistol upgrades prior to doing trials, using just pistols saves time from gathering ammo.
3. Skip battles, where you can. No one says you have to kill them to beat the time. if you are going to fight don't pause and duck behind stuff, use hit and run tactics, be mean, use brute force!
4. Aerial attacks slow down the clock or timer, use'em if you have them mastered.

SCrow816
18th Apr 2006, 19:08
useing the roll jump summersault combo where possible seems to make ya go a little faster also....(on ps2 goes something like ooo,xx,oo,xx,oo,xx, etc....) leads to summersaults that wont end til ya stop pushing the buttons or run into wall ( the later is usally what happens heh heh)