PDA

View Full Version : TAFN Mods Unavailable?

ytareh
16th Apr 2006, 23:32
I cant download them-some damn pop up (Euroclick.com) keeps coming up instead...Anyone any info re this?Thanks!

officerpuppy
17th Apr 2006, 02:14
What mods are you having trouble with, post the link on here and I'll check for you.

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 00:29
Can you try this link please?

http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/details.php?file=110

officerpuppy
18th Apr 2006, 02:33
I checked the link in the admin CP and it should work just fine. I suggest getting a simple popup blocker and try again.

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 15:52
I use the xp popup blocker .Ive tried it at every level and still I get Euroclick.com...

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 16:07
Would you (O.P) or anyone else be able to try downloading these files from TAFN again (not from the Admin CP).Thanks

sick
18th Apr 2006, 16:23
http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/download.php?file=110

Replace details.php for download.php. :)

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 18:58
Thanks for reply Sick-looked promising ...But when I replaced the detail word with download I went to a list of mods which on clicking any individual mod would open up the same window....

sick
18th Apr 2006, 19:43
Damn, thought I could trick the system that way but it's smarter as I thought. :D first time I did this it didn't work, but when I clicked the linke after it worked like a charm...

I just talked to Rutam - the one responsible for those pop-ups - and he suggest you clean your temporary internet files. Tell me if it works.

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 19:51
No didnt work,this install of XP is under a week old and I keep a clean pc regarding spyware etc...can someone else see if they can download the mods at TAFN.info please

sick
18th Apr 2006, 20:03
Here's a direct link:
http://www.tafn.info/staff/officerpuppy/Highlander%20mod.zip

No pop-ups or whatsoever. :)

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 20:03
Cant download mods on my wifes laptop-connected by router to my network either....Whats with this Euroclick.com thing anyway-do TAFN know about it?

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 20:04
Well that worked fine thanks v much but any ideas about how I can access the rest?

sick
18th Apr 2006, 20:16
What browser are you on?

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 20:26
Internet Explorer

officerpuppy
18th Apr 2006, 22:19
Wow this thread grew rather quick. I cant imagine why that pop up blocks your whole screen or something that it won't let you d/l anything. I tried d/l with IE with the default pop up off and although I got what you get, it came in another smaller window so I was still able to access the mod.

ytareh
18th Apr 2006, 23:31
I tried it with pop up blocker off and still no success...just euroclick....

Mike_B
19th Apr 2006, 08:43
Whats with this Euroclick.com thing anyway-do TAFN know about it?

Euroclick is responsable for the ads and very very rarely for the pop-ups. If you got a good firewall you wan't notice them :) The reason we have them though is because we need to pay the domain bills etc. and our philosophy is that TAFN is free for it's staff and for it's users.

It's weird that you're getting that error though, I'm currently looking into upgrading the software hopefully that fixes it.

ytareh
19th Apr 2006, 08:57
Well Im using the Windows default firewall.Do you think Zonealarm or some other one might fix this problem.I never had it before and downloaded mods previously....Thanks for all the help

Mike_B
19th Apr 2006, 10:04
Hmm no I turned everything of and I was able to download it. Are you running the latest version of IE? If you could give it another go.. it's just updated hopefully that fixed it.

ytareh
19th Apr 2006, 20:46
Well Euroclick is gone but i still cant get download alas.I just keep getting same screen appear but no download...

Mike_B
20th Apr 2006, 08:40
Yeah the banner code was overriden by uploading the new template files :p

Anyway how exactly do start your download then? I go to:

http://www.tafn.info/phpscripts/filesdb/files.php?cat=8

and then just hit download and it starts right away..

ytareh
20th Apr 2006, 10:33
No the link doent work for me...when I press download there a brief pause and then the same screen reappears... Thanks for all the help.Can any non admins check if this works for them please.

officerpuppy
20th Apr 2006, 16:10
You seem to have stumped all of us at TAFN :p

ytareh
20th Apr 2006, 16:57
Maybe the problem is with my pc...interesting to hear if others can download them...

Lefebvre
27th Apr 2006, 09:13
sorry yterah but I can download them as normal too from the link above.

I don't know what else to suggest m8 :-/