PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon

Anoobish
16th Apr 2006, 22:06
Sorry. Just had to. Anyone ever played this? The Final Fantasy thread got me inspired :D But seriously, in my opinion this game BEATS FF (especially as far as FF clones go). Besides, I loved the Addition system :D

TheWatcher
16th Apr 2006, 23:43
Yeah, I gave LoD a whirl way back when. As far as I can remember, it was very close to most of the FF's I've played. I do remember being impressed with the aeons you could call. Several of them could really kick butt. I just rented the game however, and the thing being 4 CD's long I didn't even come close to finishing it (I didn't even get to the second CD!)

Anoobish
17th Apr 2006, 09:43
Hehe. I got to the last boss. But since we moved about 6-8 or something months ago, I lostr my PSX Memory Cards :( You have NO idea how depressed I got...

Raziel'sRevenge
17th Apr 2006, 23:31
How much does it go for, I think I might give it a shot!

Raziel'sRevenge
19th Apr 2006, 05:15
well, today I answered my own question. I picked it up for only $9.99! So here's hoping that it's good!

Silent Snake
19th Apr 2006, 10:28
LOD is my favourite RPG for PSX. It has great story, great soundtrack, great graphics and great gameplay. Too bad Sony never released a sequel

PS: Divine Dragoon ROCKS!!!:thumbsup:

Umah Bloodomen
20th Apr 2006, 03:40
I enjoyed this title, personally. Unfortunately, an ex of mine took it with him when we broke up and I haven't gotten around to picking it up again. (Although I might now that it's come up). ;)

FearGhoul
20th Apr 2006, 04:37
Hehe. I got to the last boss. But since we moved about 6-8 or something months ago, I lostr my PSX Memory Cards :( You have NO idea how depressed I got...

I remember when I almost beat Lunar 2, but lost the data. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Anoobish
20th Apr 2006, 14:27
Lunar 2? Sorry, can't remember, but is that like... Wait, what? :D

Raziel'sRevenge
21st Apr 2006, 02:39
So it's official. I've had this game for only a day now and I'm hopelessly addicted. It's wonderful!!

Siela
21st Apr 2006, 15:56
Ohhh, the time I spent until I could gather enough money to buy the Ultimate Wargod accessory.

10.000 gold! :eek:
But it makes the your additions successfull, so you do not have to press the buttons. :D

Raziel'sRevenge
22nd Apr 2006, 01:42
10,000 gold?! I have like 1,500 right now, I can't imagine getting that much! Or spending that much! It just doesn't seem worth it :D

Anoobish
23rd Apr 2006, 15:49
Trust me, it does. Just gotta find that damned memory card... And I can't blame you, for getting addicted :D

Siela
24th Apr 2006, 07:59
10,000 gold?! I have like 1,500 right now, I can't imagine getting that much! Or spending that much! It just doesn't seem worth it :D

Well I needed that thing, because.. well, let's put it that way, that my hand-eye coordination is not like what is used to be ... :rolleyes:

Rose's additions are too fast, Kongol's are too slow...
Dart's additions... well they were all right in the beggining, untill I had to press the button 6 times... :o

You CAN get that much money, but then you face hours of fighting.
Which isn't that bad, because at least your characters gain a little more experince.

I wish the game would give out a little more exp and money !:rolleyes:

Anoobish
24th Apr 2006, 13:17
Kongol's cool, with all that damage input. Especially, when you get his best addition, with the Wargod item :D Man, does he own...

You're right. Rose is too quick, (as is Hatchel (sp?)).

But Dart... So true, he was good in the beginning... But end-game... Now that's more struggling then with Hatchel... :(

Silent Snake
28th Apr 2006, 09:20
I collect 60.000 gold for buying armor of legend and legend casque to my 3 basic members, i made all additions level 5 to all characters without Ultimate Wargod, i have Dragoon level 5 to all my characters, all the stardust and i have beat all the secret bosses.:eek: What do you think about that? It's my favourite RPG.:)

Siela
28th Apr 2006, 09:33
I collect 60.000 gold for buying armor of legend and legend casque to my 3 basic members, i made all additions level 5 to all characters without Ultimate Wargod, i have Dragoon level 5 to all my characters, all the stardust and i have beat all the secret bosses.:eek: What do you think about that? It's my favourite RPG.:)

:eek: :eek: HOLLY COW!

Allow me to bow before your perseverance Sir! http://discussion.treocentral.com/images/smilies/bow.gif

And I wasn't even able to finish CD2. :mad2: :mad2:

Anoobish
28th Apr 2006, 10:27
... I could've done that, if I hadn't lost my memory card...

demon_overdrive
28th Apr 2006, 14:52
Well i never got chance to play the LOD but talking about the RPG's on PSX other than FF series what about the "CHRONO CROSS" by squaresoft. Man i loved that game (when i played it 5 years back) so much that i even bought another copy of this game when i got my previous discs screwed up :whistle: .The graphics back then were a lot better than the FF8 with awesome backgrounds, great music, great battle system having awesome special effects for different elements and signature moves and above all a very strong and complex storyline. It was one of the best RPG's i owned on PSX at that time other than FF series. But one thing's common in all these FF clones, they hardly form a series, i don't know why.:mad2: :scratch:

Anoobish
28th Apr 2006, 15:41
But one thing's common in all these FF clones, they hardly form a series, i don't know why.:mad2: :scratch:
I know, it's annoying :scratch:

FearGhoul
28th Apr 2006, 20:19
Chrono Cross rules!

Raziel'sRevenge
30th Apr 2006, 05:39
So what does Stardust do anyways?

Silent Snake
30th Apr 2006, 10:57
So what does Stardust do anyways?
You can fight a secret boss and get a lot of items which means a lot of gold

Umah Bloodomen
30th Apr 2006, 16:07
The Chrono Trigger / Cross discussion is down the hall. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=37861) Please keep all in-depth discussion pertaining to those games in that thread.

Thanks. :)

Raziel'sRevenge
1st May 2006, 19:39
Secret boss eh? Now I'm interested!

Silent Snake
3rd May 2006, 10:46
Secret boss eh? Now I'm interested!

He is the strogest secret boss in the game.

If I remember correctly he is a ancient wiglie wizard.

... I could've done that, if I hadn't lost my memory card...

I know the feeling. Once one of my memory cards had been destroyed and i lost the saves of various games such as grand turismo 1 & 2, soul reaver 1 etc.:mad2:

Anoobish
5th May 2006, 19:27
He is the strogest secret boss in the game.

If I remember correctly he is a ancient wiglie wizard.
Oh yeah, I remember him! That guy you couldn't hurt, right?

Silent Snake
5th May 2006, 22:15
Oh yeah, I remember him! That guy you couldn't hurt, right?

Yes, his name is Faust, he was the right hand of Melbu Framha. The only way to defeat him is to have the Vanishing stone, you get this item when you collect the 50 stardust

Anoobish
6th May 2006, 07:31
Oh... crap...