PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Laura

tunka
16th Apr 2006, 16:20
I tried the demo of Tomb Raider, Legend and Laura doesn't move as fluid as she did before.

Why can't she jump backwards or flip backwards?

She moves like Harry Potter did in GOB which is lame and childish.

The new company needs to fix her.

I hope the actual release of the game wich is in Bestbuy right now isn't as lame as Harry Potter.

BloodRayne
16th Apr 2006, 16:22
who is laura? it's Lara and u can still backflip and flip forward. take u guns out and hit the jumo button in whatever way u want.

Vampmaster
16th Apr 2006, 16:36
I think she turns herself around when she's about to kick away from a wall anyway. She doesn't walk backwards any more because she faces and moves in in the direction of the key you press. But if it's anything like the Kain series, pressing dodge when the autoface button is held will make her jump backwards.

Beechwell
16th Apr 2006, 16:59
As Bloodrayne said, she still can jump backwards and sidewards. She just only does that in battle. And try hitting the crouch or jump key repeatedly when going forward. There are some moves she couldn't do before. If anything, Lara got more agile.

Paul-uk
16th Apr 2006, 18:04
some people is just so ungrateful... CD did a REMARKABLE job with TR . this game is by miles one of the best on the series...might be abit short BUT COME ON! we have TONS of extras in the game.

Can people just stop complaining about the game when theres nothing seriously wrong with it.

I would like to suggest to Eidos and CD to bring an expantion pack for PS2 like Zelda of nintendo 64 :D

sup2069
16th Apr 2006, 18:13
Can people just stop complaining about the game when theres nothing seriously wrong with it.

Nothing seriously wrong? That is your opinion. People complaining about something is their opinion. Just because you dont agree with their input doesnt mean they have to stop. Thats why there are forums, so people can express their opinion.

Kiopo
16th Apr 2006, 18:14
Nothing seriously wrong? That is your opinion. People complaining about something is their opinion. Just because you dont agree with their input doesnt mean they have to stop. Thats why there are forums, so people can express their opinion.

Exactly, and the developers will WANT this kind of feedback so they can make the next one even better.

Paul-uk
16th Apr 2006, 18:24

theres a B-I-G diference between having a remarkable opinion and slagging the game off .

People forget how much did CD take to "rebuild" this game to make it better .. BUT NO!!!! of course not! people always want more and more and what a better way to ask for more than slagging it off... thats not the way.

I havent see a constructive criticisms yet All I read was : I dont like it - not worth it - whatever - doesnt jump right - I want laras tits back etc etc etc and all the nonesense.

Kiopo
16th Apr 2006, 18:28
theres a B-I-G diference between having a remarkable opinion and slagging the game off .

People forget how much did CD take to "rebuild" this game to make it better .. BUT NO!!!! of course not! people always want more and more and what a better way to ask for more than slagging it off... thats not the way.

I havent see a constructive criticisms yet All I read was : I dont like it - not worth it - whatever - doesnt jump right - I want laras tits back etc etc etc and all the nonesense.

lol you obviously havent been reading the posts then

tr1xp
16th Apr 2006, 18:29

...and on this forum anything less than, "Best gaem EVAR! I luv u Lara", is slagging the game off. :rolleyes:

tunka
16th Apr 2006, 22:23
Can she stil crawl or go into steath mode? I'm going by the demo.

Resy
16th Apr 2006, 22:26
I have all previous games and have been playing for 10 years. Lara handles in this game perfectly. If you liked all that grid work then go pick up one of the older games. Its funny how Core was fired for making piss ass poor TR games everyone seemed to hate... yet reading all these complaint posts makes me wonder wtf? I bet if TRL was just another TR game no different then the last... you same people would be complaining nothing had changed.

tr1xp
16th Apr 2006, 22:45
The grid work was just the map design people. You never had to walk to the edge, hop back, then run+jump etc. I think that is where so many people get the idea the controls were bad. All you really had to do was run right up and press jump. As long as you were running Lara would still do the jump just the same as if you did all that remedial hopping back and stuff.

The old controls were perfect. With the new ones, if Lara is on a ladder or vine, she can't look anywhere but this locked in 45° angle! She can't see where in the hell she is trying to go. Sometimes she mounts the ladders and vines at a weird (bugged) diagonal angle and will then jump off diagonally and miss her target. She auto grabs when you don't want her to and screws up your movement.

Blah. I like the old controls better, though I do like the mouse-look support now. I wish they added just added that to the old controls style instead of giving us Legacy of Kain starring Lara Croft.

In the new game all you can grab is what is pre-designed as a hot spot. For example, Lara can grab one of those food stand things in Peru and climb onto it if it's near the edge to go and get that one secret, but an identical food stand nearby, and she can't do a damned thing with it. Stupid!

Talk about linear. "You may only use what we have flagged as a hot spot. All else is cosmetic crap, you may not touch or interact with in any way!"

Vampmaster
16th Apr 2006, 23:29
...and on this forum anything less than, "Best gaem EVAR! I luv u Lara", is slagging the game off. :rolleyes:

On this forum, anything less than "the old controls are perfect and everybody loved them" is slagging off the old games. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, there's no such thing as perfect because everybody has a different idea of what perfect is. And often peoples ideas of perfect are completely conflicting making it impossible to please everybody. Just because you like things one way doesn't mean everyone has too. The people who like the new style of game play are just as entitles to like it as you are to hate it. It doesn't mean they are sucking up because there must have been stuff they didn't like about the other games in the series.