PDA

View Full Version : PC Demo problem

star girl
16th Apr 2006, 15:12
Okay, I know we all have started and even finished the Legend game, I havent. Because I wanted to play the demo before I actually bought the game.

With my office's cable connection, I was able to download the demo (10 HOURS AND 14 MINUTES!!! :eek: ) but now I have a problem.

Before downloading, I saved the file to 'My Documents', but instead of being a compressed zip folder, it was ACDSee Archive.zip. Anyway, I moved on. After downloading it, I went to the zip folder, and found out that it opened with ACDSee, and the following error came:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\ PROGRAM FILES\ ACD SYSTEMS\ACDSEE\ACDSEE.EXE

abnormal program termination

What have I done wrong? And can I undo it? Or do I have to waste another 10 hours for downloading (which now I can't)? PLEASE help me, I really really REALLY want to play the demo... :(

depressed fan..

RavenLord
16th Apr 2006, 15:18
Prolly you don't have to download it again, just use WinZip to decompress the demo. It may be too big for ACDsee.

You can download WinZip from www.winzip.com

Smacky187
16th Apr 2006, 16:24
Okay, I know we all have started and even finished the Legend game, I havent. Because I wanted to play the demo before I actually bought the game.

With my office's cable connection, I was able to download the demo (10 HOURS AND 14 MINUTES!!! :eek: ) but now I have a problem.

Before downloading, I saved the file to 'My Documents', but instead of being a compressed zip folder, it was ACDSee Archive.zip. Anyway, I moved on. After downloading it, I went to the zip folder, and found out that it opened with ACDSee, and the following error came:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\ PROGRAM FILES\ ACD SYSTEMS\ACDSEE\ACDSEE.EXE

abnormal program termination

What have I done wrong? And can I undo it? Or do I have to waste another 10 hours for downloading (which now I can't)? PLEASE help me, I really really REALLY want to play the demo... :(

depressed fan..

Ok since no one here has a clue, or they are not willing to help fellow gamers out I will start patrolling the tech support forum for this game. ACDSee is a image viewer not a compression program that is why you get the error. You should be able to just download the latest winzip or winrar or any of the other numerous compression programs and be able to open it. Your file type in windows for zip files needs to be changed so I would suggest getting a copy of winzip and install it and let it be the default.

Zeeblade
16th Apr 2006, 20:46
Ok since no one here has a clue, or they are not willing to help fellow gamers out I will start patrolling the tech support forum for this game. ACDSee is a image viewer not a compression program that is why you get the error. You should be able to just download the latest winzip or winrar or any of the other numerous compression programs and be able to open it. Your file type in windows for zip files needs to be changed so I would suggest getting a copy of winzip and install it and let it be the default.

omg funny.. look at the time it was posted. Someone did try to help.. got that? Maybe some are at work or just got home or dont stay at the computer all day cus they have a life?

Star if I were you. I would download Winrar http://www.rarlab.com/ if is great and will change your ext for all your zip and rar and others if you want it to or you dont have to and you can always change it in options anytime you wish. Let us know if you got it working or not :)

star girl
17th Apr 2006, 14:45
*screams with joy* I have it now! Installing it... :D

I figured out the problem, my office computer had windows 98, maybe that is why it was not able to recognize it. I brought the whole file to my home computer on windows Xp and it worked!

THANK YOU all for your HELP!!!! I'M PLAYING!!!!!!!

Nice game, but controls are a bit difficult... Anyway.. I am buying it, whenever it comes out here...