PDA

View Full Version : Those horrible SOUNDBLASTER problems

Globox
16th Apr 2006, 11:18
Hi all,

Being the owner of a Creative "Soundblaster Live! Value" card, I experienced exactly the same problems as everyone else with popping and cracking sounds etc.

I tried all of the previously mentioned 'fixes' - and various combinations of them but nothing worked...

So I went here: http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?Product=4856&dlcentric=1972&Product_Name=Live%21+Value&OSName=Windows+XP and downloaded this LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe then installed just the Windows drivers.

This has fixed my sound problems, though I can only hear sound when I physically select 'Quad' on the speakers (I have Altec Lansing speakers - 4 on desktop plus a sub woofer on the floor). Started the game over and played for 2 hours solid with no popping or cracking. :)

I hope Crystal Dynamics bring out a proper patch soon though.

Cheers all

Globox

Silent Shark
16th Apr 2006, 14:06
I signed up to the forums a week ago, but only now has my confirmation e-mail come through...

Anyway, I too have these sound problems, but I have a SoundBlaster Audigy LS, and not a Live!.

I have the latest drivers for my card, I've tried turning off hardware acceleration etc...

However, on the other PC in my house, we have no sound problems (on the demo), and that has a SoundBlaster Audigy Player (the plain standard audigy card), so it's not a problem with all creative cards.

Here's hoping for a patch soon!

slimjime17
16th Apr 2006, 14:29
I must be lucky,
I have a Soundblaster Live! Value and don't have any sound problems.