PDA

View Full Version : Video Corruption Nvidia 7800GTX

Smacky187
16th Apr 2006, 06:14
I have the game and it runs fine I just have texture tearing all over the screen all the time. No my pc isnt over clocked, no my cards not over clocked. If I knew how to take a screen shot I would submit one. Anyone with an Nvidia 7800 GT and Intel Mother board have this problem. Any help would be great.

noxdg
18th Apr 2006, 06:04
I had the same issue. I have both a 7800GT and a 1900XT and have seen this with both cards.

For me it happened in Bolivia whenever there was running water on the screen. As soon as I turned the camera away from the water, the curruption stopped.

I have no idea why it happened, but since a reboot, I haven't seen it since. I've been waiting for it to happen again so I can shoot a video of it to post.

If you want to take a screenshot of make a video download and install Fraps: http://www.fraps.com/

Run Fraps, minimize it and then start TRL. F9, I believe, is the default key to start recording a movie. F10 for a screenshot.

Shredd
19th Apr 2006, 15:16
Hey all,

TR-Legends - get into the game with all the features turned on and in about 5 minutes the screen starts get lots of broken polygon graphics flashing all over the place.

I have made sure I am using the most current video driver from NVidia (84.21), DirectX 9.0c, and also made sure I have set-up single core CPU for the game. Game seems to run for a few mintues and then breaks up. I start to change graphics in game and they go away and then reappear in about 5-ish minutes.

Any help or suggestions:

Hardware:
Asus A8N32-SLi deluxe - Mobo
AMD x64 4800+ dual core CPU
2gb of dual channel memory
300gb SATAII HD
and the big toy:
Asus N7800 dual GPU 512meg Video card (yes that's two gpu's on one card)
- the video is running in SLi mode.

I have tried - turning on/off SLi mode, dual CPU core mode on and off, uninstalling video driver and reinstalling video driver, all overclocking is off, I have turn off all features in game and including the special upper features, resolution from 1280x1024 down to 800x600 - still the same broken polygon graphics.

TYI:

noxdg
19th Apr 2006, 22:16
That's exaclty what I've seen. So, whatever it is, I don't think it's a video card issue. I've seen it on my 1900xt and the 7800GT. With you confirming it on the dual 7800, then it's got to be a game bug.

Can't wait for a patch!