PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for ripping me off

Frank Castle
16th Apr 2006, 04:01
I got Tomb Raider Legend today. I can't play it because secuRom won't verify the 100% official legitimate dvd that I purchased with real American dollars at EB Games. When the hell are people going to learn that DRM does nothing to stop piracy and only hassles legitimate customers?

Now I'm going to have to download a crack just to play a game that I paid for. Maybe I should return the game, since I wont be needing the disc anymore. After all if I'm forced to pirate it, why should I pay?

Next time I think I'll just skip going to the store and download the whole thing right off the bat.

DABhand
16th Apr 2006, 04:11
I guess you used a Proxy to hide behind too? Oops?

That is your perogative, perhaps uninstalling daemon tools and other emulation software, even AnyDVD and CloneCD/DVD.

If you havent anything like that installed, there is a chance either.

Your DVD-rom/r-rw isnt reading the disc well. It happens.

Or Your laser is a bit stuffy or drive is about to go dead.

But remember if you download a game your nothing but a common thief like thousands of others, who use the oldest excuses in the book to try and justify their thefts.

Its so very comical it hurts.

R1c4n
16th Apr 2006, 04:19
reformat ^_^

Frank Castle
16th Apr 2006, 04:20
I did not use a proxy.

I do not have any emulation software installed. The closest thing I have installed is Nero.

My DVD-ROM drive works just fine. It reads both data and movie dvds for me on regular basis for me quite reliably.

If stealing a game that I have already paid for makes me a common theif, then what are the publishers for taking my $40 in exchange for a non-working game? Extraordinary theives?

Frank Castle
16th Apr 2006, 04:22
reformat ^_^

What a great token of wisdom. You have a bright future in a call center in india.

DABhand
16th Apr 2006, 04:23
Not all drives can read discs 100%, there will always be some that wont read certain discs, it happens as I said.

Just because your drive worked on a movie or another game doesnt mean it will work with another movie or game.

And FYI, you said you would return or not buy to pirate, so the money excuse doesnt work :P

Frank Castle
16th Apr 2006, 04:37
My dvd drive will read any disc that follows the ISO standards. These DRM solutions come along and try to do some backward crap that's not in the standard and of course, it fails on %10 of the hardware. It might work on some, but it's not my fault if it doesn't. It's their fault for violating the standard.

And if you're so against piracy in this case, answer me this: What is the point of buying a game that will not run? To have the piece of mind that developers and publishers like this will have the funds to keep on making crapware that doesn't work?

DABhand
16th Apr 2006, 04:42
You talk to the company who makes the protection they will help you. Alot of people fail to realise this.

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 05:08
Pirates are not welcomed here. When you've paid for your copy of Legend, then you can complain. :rolleyes:

Frank Castle
16th Apr 2006, 05:12
Pirates are not welcomed here. When you've paid for your copy of Legend, then you can complain. :rolleyes:

Are you blind?

...secuRom won't verify the 100% official legitimate dvd that I purchased...

Mr. Furious
16th Apr 2006, 05:59
Can you please tell me the make of your systen and the CD-ROM? Also, anything of use, like OS, BIOS, version number, how old your CD-ROM is. That would come in handy. I have Nero, Alcohol 120%, Clone CD and DVD installed and the game runs perfectly. Do I use them...Nero yes, it has other great programs. As for the others, no. I'm thinking of uninstalling them as I haven't use then at all.

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 06:07
Are you blind?

No, drugs aren't allowed either.

LuxAngel
16th Apr 2006, 06:47
I can't help you, Frank, just came to empathize. I had to do that once, with a LEGITIMATELY PURCHASED (yes, I better make that bold and large, as someone is wont to not read that either) piece of software - -and the software wasn't cheap.

At a later date and a system restore later, I was able to reinstall the software with my own serial number; (it rejected it the first time). But still. Who wants to go through all that? You buy it, you want it to work the first time with no hitches. Fancy that. :rolleyes:

R1c4n
16th Apr 2006, 06:53
What a great token of wisdom. You have a bright future in a call center in india.

ROFL

least my ***** is working :))))))

Frank Castle
16th Apr 2006, 07:44
Can you please tell me the make of your systen and the CD-ROM? Also, anything of use, like OS, BIOS, version number, how old your CD-ROM is. That would come in handy.

Windows 2000
Athlon 2500xp
Nforce2 motherboard (1.08 bios, the latest afaik)
2GB ram
NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG (maybe 2 years old)
ATI Radeon 9800 pro (latest drivers)

Mike_B
16th Apr 2006, 08:17
The quickest thing to usually fix this is to mail support@securom.com

Pang_Pang
16th Apr 2006, 08:55
A quick email to secure rom stating game and problem usually fixes it. I have had to use them on several games before and they always post a link to download a new *.exe file for legit users usually within 24Hrs.

Knowing securerom you are not the only one frustrated by the fact that people who actually pay for a legal game suffer more than some one who happily downloads a cracked pirate version and suffers no problem from running the game. Always makes me wonder what the point of secure rom as the pirate users are quite happy playing their game whilst it alienates and annoys the ones who actually forks out the money for faulty software not related to their game.

GoranAgar
16th Apr 2006, 09:05
The quickest thing to usually fix this is to mail support@securom.com
That is the way.

And to calm things down I'll close this thread for now.