PDA

View Full Version : Hard Mode - Have you tried?

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 01:02
I beat the game in normal mode with ease, so I decided to go for hard. Man, this game is pretty tough in hard mode! I'm stuck in level two in the room where you first discover grenades. When I step out that door I get creamed every time! :eek: Just one grenade blast can instantly kill Lara. And it only takes about two or three good clean hits and she dies of bullet wounds. I did get past the first wave of mercs once, but died not long after encountering the second wave.

Anyone got any tips for hard mode play? How much more difficult are the boss fights?

tomb_raider_obssesed
16th Apr 2006, 01:03
I finished it on hard in 9 hours, with half secrets found ... I was never stuck and I still think is the easiest TR ;)

NightmareSiegfried
16th Apr 2006, 01:05
i started out on hard mode cause the demo was kind of easy, was a good challenge.the motorcycle chase in the snow was the most difficult i thought. im looking for all the medals and time trials now im at 98 %

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 01:12
Impressive! Got any tips?

NightmareSiegfried
16th Apr 2006, 01:17
well ,what kind of tips?

i found this link after i finnished the game so i can now find the medals that i missed the first time around
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/walkthrough/index.html

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 01:31
:p I'll figure it out eventually. I thought there might be some cool strategy you use when encountering multiple enemies. What weapon do you prefer when fighting mercs?

a few minutes later
:D Woohoo! I made it! I knew I could do it! :o Okay, so it wasn't as hard as I thought. I basically found cover behind a building and took them on one at a time. I hope the bosses are more of a challenge.

Cat Valentine
16th Apr 2006, 09:24
did it 1st time round on hard mode, wasnt that difficult at all, replaying levels on easy for rewards is crazy...every bad guy seems to drop medikits, and everything u can use is glowing...the boss fights were tricky on hard mode as yeah Lara doesnt stand up to taking much damage, but apart from that it was pretty easy, just hit dodge all the time whilst fighting, the mercs rarely get a hit in, and listen out for grenades hehe ;)

tomb_raider_obssesed
16th Apr 2006, 09:51
I can give u some tips ;) . Hope u will understand them, is a little bit hard:rolleyes: . U have 2 run forward (there is only one way everywhere) shoot some guys ( they die even if u don't shoot them ;):P) and the game is finished. Do u need anymore tips? No problem the game is full of them. What can be easyer?:mad:

Acidian
16th Apr 2006, 10:32
Yeah, I played it on hard from the beginning aswell. There isnt much too it, just make sure to keep her moving all the time, makes the enemies miss alot more, and use jump/roll effectively in combat. She can also do some nice moves like power kick, jump kick, aerial attack and slide attack, which is all explained in the manual :)

Scott =]!
16th Apr 2006, 11:18
i play on hard aswell i think it is easy unless u have no medipak and cant get any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u guys dont know (cos i think ive said this before) but im on the last level on hard in that catsuit (which i hate) and i cant change the outfit and i have no medipaks left lol i had to start again im still in kakistan and my second try

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 15:06
Yeah, now that I've got my strategy down, I agree, it really isn't that hard. The boss fights seem to be a pretty good challenge, though. I didn't think the first boss was ever going to die, and I only had one medipack! I kinda like heading into boss fights without medipacks, because it makes it that much harder. I defeated the last three bosses(in normal) with no medipacks, but that still was not much of a challenge. I imagine the final boss will probably require a few medipacks, because she was quite tough in normal.

carlitoo
16th Apr 2006, 19:12
I started on hard as i don't see the point in playing at any other level? Games are more fun if they are a challenge aren't they? (although not finding this game very tough to be honest.

Jewell
17th Apr 2006, 00:02
I finished it on hard in 9 hours, with half secrets found ... I was never stuck and I still think is the easiest TR ;)

Same. I got 92% on hard mode- I started on hard.- after 12 hours. I never got stuck once either, at least not for more than a few minutes. I ssn't need a walkthrough... or tips... I thought it was pretty easy as far as the series goes.