PDA

View Full Version : Egypt - did Lara die?

tombraider2006
15th Apr 2006, 21:22
As a tomb raider fan since the first game, I can't help but feel confused as to what happened in TR4 - last revelation at the end. Did she die there and get brought back in some way we dont know about yet? OR did she simply escape alive? OR is Legend set before Egypt even happened?:confused:

I was hoping for some answers but after completing TRL I found it has not given me any. I did however thoroughly enjoy it, but wished there was more.:thumbsup:

munchkin
15th Apr 2006, 21:25
As a tomb raider fan since the first game, I can't help but feel confused as to what happened in TR4 - last revelation at the end. Did she die there and get brought back in some way we dont know about yet? OR did she simply escape alive? OR is Legend set before Egypt even happened?:confused:

I was hoping for some answers but after completing TRL I found it has not given me any. I did however thoroughly enjoy it, but wished there was more.:thumbsup:

at the end of chronicles, we see Von Croy, holding up her back pack saying "we've found her"

so we can ssume safely that she lived. and TRL is a brand new story, brand new start, moving away from the teen rebaellion, of core designs Lara into a more mature grown up deeper darker Lara. :)

beccaxx

tombraider2006
15th Apr 2006, 21:35
Yes I remember that but I was not sure if he meant her body or not, also would she not have been with the bag itself? I hope you are right, that it was as simple as that, but I am unsure. Unless Von Croy found her body and bought her back ;)

Joshorty
15th Apr 2006, 22:47
meh...that FMV had a bad closing-_-...made it look more like a random comedy movie -_-...the camera just zooms out with Von Croy upset-_-...WHAT IS THAT?!?!?! although the levels were quite interesting..although the story is VERY weak...it was too short also!! And I hate it when they keep switiching between widescreen and fullscreen. they should've made the FMVs widescreen...I mean look at Tomb Raider I-III:confused: they had widescreen...meh sorry. Fullscreen just kills me:p

Rascalius
15th Apr 2006, 23:00
Also, during one of the cut scenes in Aod, Lara (angrily) tells Von Croy something like, "Egypt, Verner, you left me!" So she obviously did survive and was a bit pi$$ed off about spending a few weeks or months "down't hole". :)

Joshorty
15th Apr 2006, 23:09
LOL:D I never thought about how she survived out of the hole....I didn't like the ending of Chornicles either but it was a bit better at least...they just found her backback, not really Lara:confused: but whatever....

tomb_raider_obssesed
16th Apr 2006, 00:40
Well yeah ... Chronicles and AOD continue TR4 ,,, and in AOD is clearly that she survived because of the first cut scene with her and Von Croy but TRL is something else. As u can se she looks difrently, she is not the same and her past is another one so what we played 'till now TR1-TR6 don't count anymore :( :mad:

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 00:44
I like to pretend that Legend takes place after TRIII. The rest never happened. It was just a bad dream. :)

Richard_Croft
16th Apr 2006, 01:36
Didn't it say that Lara was found by some African tribes? And then her wounds were treated and she was looked after by the tribes people? This, apparently is what gave Lara a very dark appearance and feel in AOD. However I don't understand how she has changed from being so dark and sexy back into the lively humourous Lara she was before her accident in Egypt for TRL???

They just can't scrap the whole of the old TR story and begin a new one.... it doesn't seem to work! It's like she's not even Lara Croft if they did that! Also they said her father was called 'Richard Croft' on TRL but in the early TRs didn't her father have a different name? I'm sure he did.... I will be dissappointed if this is a different Lara Croft we are playing as in this TRL. Her butler also seemed older back in TR 1-2 than he is in TRL. He cud barely walk in the old TRs LOL! What's up with all these changes? Mistakes? Or purposely done? And WHY?!

JloveLamar
16th Apr 2006, 04:32
Didn't it say that Lara was found by some African tribes? And then her wounds were treated and she was looked after by the tribes people? This, apparently is what gave Lara a very dark appearance and feel in AOD. However I don't understand how she has changed from being so dark and sexy back into the lively humourous Lara she was before her accident in Egypt for TRL???

Also they said her father was called 'Richard Croft' on TRL but in the early TRs didn't her father have a different name? I'm sure he did.... I will be dissappointed if this is a different Lara Croft we are playing as in this TRL. Her butler also seemed older back in TR 1-2 than he is in TRL. He cud barely walk in the old TRs LOL! What's up with all these changes? Mistakes? Or purposely done? And WHY?!

His name was Lord Croft in the first couple. Lord Richard Croft

angelion
16th Apr 2006, 12:59

They just can't scrap the whole of the old TR story and begin a new one.... it doesn't seem to work! It's like she's not even Lara Croft if they did that! Also they said her father was called 'Richard Croft' on TRL but in the early TRs didn't her father have a different name? I'm sure he did.... I will be dissappointed if this is a different Lara Croft we are playing as in this TRL. Her butler also seemed older back in TR 1-2 than he is in TRL. He cud barely walk in the old TRs LOL! What's up with all these changes? Mistakes? Or purposely done? And WHY?!

Okay lets clear this up. Lara didn’t die at the end of TR4 and yes she was saved by African tribes. If anybody has a link to this, please provide it to help my case.
This then eventually led to AOD.

Now, since Core fugged up with AOD, Eidos gave the rights to Crystal Dynamics as we all know.
Tomb Raider: Legend is a new take on the franchise. Think of it as “Batman Begins”. It doesn’t fit anywhere in the old Tomb Raider timeline.
So don’t expect any AOD sequel (although Core did write a book for the game and its sequels).

_Caroline_
16th Apr 2006, 13:06
There's an official Tomb Raider book called The Amulet Of Power that explains everything. “The Amulet of Power” takes place between “The Last Revelation” and “Angel of Darkness”. It tells the story of what happened to Lara after she was buried alive in a tomb beneath the Temple of Horus. While her family and friends fear she might be dead and are remembering her at Croft Manor (in “The Chronicles”), Lara is infact already on another adventure.
She is looking for the Amulet of Mareish. It is said that the Amulet gives its possessor extraordinary powers; great physical strength, invulnerability and immortality. Of course Lara isn’t the only one looking for the Amulet. Religious fanatics are also trying to get their hands on it. Either to possess it or to destroy it. Though they do not agree on the fate of the Amulet, they do agree on Lara’s fate; Lara Croft must die.

Joshorty
16th Apr 2006, 16:30
WOW :eek: I've never heard a backup to that point of the story!!:eek:

tombraider2006
16th Apr 2006, 16:41
There's an official Tomb Raider book called The Amulet Of Power that explains everything. “The Amulet of Power” takes place between “The Last Revelation” and “Angel of Darkness”. It tells the story of what happened to Lara after she was buried alive in a tomb beneath the Temple of Horus. While her family and friends fear she might be dead and are remembering her at Croft Manor (in “The Chronicles”), Lara is infact already on another adventure.
She is looking for the Amulet of Mareish. It is said that the Amulet gives its possessor extraordinary powers; great physical strength, invulnerability and immortality. Of course Lara isn’t the only one looking for the Amulet. Religious fanatics are also trying to get their hands on it. Either to possess it or to destroy it. Though they do not agree on the fate of the Amulet, they do agree on Lara’s fate; Lara Croft must die.

Thank you, I never knew of such a book and am very interested, I will have to geta copy! I would love to know more of the story between TR4 & TR5.

midroth
17th Apr 2006, 18:59
If you ask my brother, yes.