PDA

View Full Version : what excactly is croft manor???

jon_melon
15th Apr 2006, 19:00
im going to buy the game but i wonder one thing; what is croft manor???
is it an extra level or is it a place where you can explore and move around inside her house??:confused:

Allek
15th Apr 2006, 19:05
Croft Manor is her house.

Prometeus
15th Apr 2006, 19:42
or is it a place where you can explore and move around inside her house??:confused:

Exactly, an extra level (but it has prizes too :D )

Vicky
16th Apr 2006, 07:32
This Croft Manor is different to the one they used in previous games, it seems to closely resemble the house in the film.

Cotterik
16th Apr 2006, 18:58
actually, if you read into it. Lara Croft is the Countess of Abbingdon. After her father passed away, 3 properties were left in her posession. Therefore the house that you were used to in tomb raider 2 and 3 was infact a different house. It says in the description that she considers this house to be her home. So Crystal Dynamics didnt necessarily change the old house, just designed one of the other houses that she owns based on the home in the movie (for some weird reason seeing as its the only thing that has any links to the movie itself)

laraflames
16th Apr 2006, 23:52
actually, if you read into it. Lara Croft is the Countess of Abbingdon. After her father passed away, 3 properties were left in her posession. Therefore the house that you were used to in tomb raider 2 and 3 was infact a different house. It says in the description that she considers this house to be her home. So Crystal Dynamics didnt necessarily change the old house, just designed one of the other houses that she owns based on the home in the movie (for some weird reason seeing as its the only thing that has any links to the movie itself)
se thats where ur wrong...that was a different house and this is another house so maybe on another game (not tombraider 8 of course ) they will give u the chance to let u see her next mansion so she wasnt living in england i dont think like now she is

Resy
17th Apr 2006, 06:00
Her previous houses were all in England. She has always lived there, However this house seems more like her house from Tomb Raider (the movie) All its missing is her garage full of power tools and automobiles. Its to bad it doesn't come with a training yard with a bike like TR3 came with a training yard with an ATV.

Since this is one of her three homes as clearly stated in TRL then perhaps though CD changed a lot of her history, her older one still exists. I can only hope TR8 (they gotta make one) will have a larger house to explore. We have 2 gates and three doors we can't get past. :(

RavenLord
17th Apr 2006, 08:25
We have 2 gates and three doors we can't get past. :(

There must be something left unexplored for Legend Gold :)

JoeyLovesLara
17th Apr 2006, 13:26
I know, I was slightly disappointed that there was so much to do, in a small space. I wish we could go in the kitchen, bathroom, full basement (not just that secret passageway), attic, and outside again. It was like a tease. Lol. But I am hugely excited that the house is actually in the game!

ahimsa
19th Apr 2006, 12:24
I love the house much more than the old one. The gym actually made me like the game a little more. I'm still disappointed in the game, but the gym made some of the pain go away. :p

I think she needs a much larger gym. :D

ZXcorr
19th Apr 2006, 15:29
Yes, larger gym and a shooting practice area.
Oh, and access to the outside too.

laraflames
20th Apr 2006, 00:50
yes yes yes yes and yes :D

ahimsa
20th Apr 2006, 01:04
I hope the manor with a humongous gym will be the first level for the next game so that we can practice before entering the actual game. Hopefully there will be a few changes to Lara's moves as well, like less PoP. There are some PoP moves that are a lot of fun in the gym, but when I want Lara to just hop down off something that she used to be able to hop down from, I don't want her pulling a Soul Reaver on me.

The whole estate should be open and lots to play around with and climb on or in or through. Maybe even some puzzles in there. Maybe a nice big labyrinth in her basement. :D