PDA

View Full Version : once again, not impressed

creafish
15th Apr 2006, 17:45
ive been a tr fan since 96 with first game, but twice now eidos has blown it in control department. im a left handed mouse user and i use arrow keys for direction control. im not much interested in learning a new method. i think eidos programmers should play half life for awhile to learn how to set up control features. i dont expect eidos will be getting anymore of my cash.:mad:

GoranAgar
15th Apr 2006, 17:51
Comparing the controls of a First Person Game with the ones of a Third Person Game? I see.

ut2004
15th Apr 2006, 18:09
ive been a tr fan since 96 with first game, but twice now eidos has blown it in control department. im a left handed mouse user and i use arrow keys for direction control. im not much interested in learning a new method. i think eidos programmers should play half life for awhile to learn how to set up control features. i dont expect eidos will be getting anymore of my cash.:mad:

you can configure the keyboard and mouse for your needs, it's 100% up to you what keys to use!.

munchkin
15th Apr 2006, 18:09
does no one see how pathetic this is? use a controller or stop this incessent whining.

beccax

Resident Evil X
15th Apr 2006, 18:18

then buy an xbox 360,xbox, Or PS2 and then buy it for those systems..and you wont have that control problem. Quit bashing CD and eidos..they did nothing wrong.

Allek
15th Apr 2006, 18:31
does no one see how pathetic this is? use a controller or stop this incessent whining.

beccax

Amen.

Silver_Rain
15th Apr 2006, 19:39
How about stopping the bashing of those who feel they have a reason to be unsatisfied, not to mention whining over those who complain??? IMO that is equally pathetic:rolleyes: Just go on and enjoy your experience and please, for the love of God stop dissing people who disagree with you....we are all different and so are our opinions. No opinion is more or less valid than others.

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 19:41
How about stopping the bashing of those who feel they have a reason to be unsatisfied, not to mention whining over those who complain??? IMO that is equally pathetic:rolleyes: Just go on and enjoy your experience and please, for the love of God stop dissing people who disagree with you....we are all different and so are our opinions. No opinion is more or less valid than others.

Well.... I think... you should stop dissing the people who are dissing the people who don't like to diss the game which... diss... thats just as bad as... and the game... who are we dissing again?

Silver_Rain
15th Apr 2006, 19:45
I'm not dissing anyone. Did I really make myself that unclear? I'm not saying that those who complain are any better than those who don't. But seeing these constant topics slagging off the game and those contra-topics slagging off the people who slag off the game is getting a tad boring at length. Why can't we all just agree to disagree and continue doing whatever makes us all happy?:thumbsup: Let those who don't like it turn their efforts over to something else and those who do like it can continue replaying it all they want.

enoch
15th Apr 2006, 19:52
Well.... I think... you should stop dissing the people who are dissing the people who don't like to diss the game which... diss... thats just as bad as... and the game... who are we dissing again?

:D :confused: :D :thumbsup:

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 19:54
seeing these constant topics slagging off the game and those contra-topics slagging off the people who slag off the game is getting a tad boring at length. Why can't we all just agree to disagree and continue doing whatever makes us all happy?

Welcome to the topsy turvy, laugh a minute world of the internet my friend. I once read this thread about AOD, somebody slagged that game off, then someone slagged him off, I went in and slagged them off, then someone slagged me off, luckily I had an ally who slagged them off but the admin stepped in and slagged us all off, then someone slagged off the admin and he banned them. My god did he get slagged off for that. Then someone said AOD was the best game ever and we all had to give them a good slagging off.

The moral of this story is... if you expect the users of any forum anywhere to be a happy harmonious family, you're delusional.

I wish you luck finding one though, I hear theres a knitting forum where all the ladies are very nice to each other.

It would be a pretty boring world if we all agreed to disagree all the time, not to mention a pretty boring forum!

Silver_Rain
15th Apr 2006, 19:57
The moral of this story is... if you expect the users of any forum anywhere to be a happy harmonious family, you're delusional.

I wish you luck finding one though, I hear theres a knitting forum where all the ladies are very nice to each other.

It would be a pretty boring world if we all agreed to disagree all the time, not to mention a pretty boring forum!

Why thank you very much for your kind thoughts. And I already do know of a few forums where people actually agree to disagree and function as a big happy family. It's working out wonders and I'm thoroughly enjoying being a part of those places:thumbsup:

enoch
15th Apr 2006, 20:01
Welcome to the topsy turvy, laugh a minute world of the internet my friend. I once read this thread about AOD, somebody slagged that game off, then someone slagged him off, I went in and slagged them off, then someone slagged me off, luckily I had an ally who slagged them off but the admin stepped in and slagged us all off, then someone slagged off the admin and he banned them. My god did he get slagged off for that. Then someone said AOD was the best game ever and we all had to give them a good slagging off.

:D
I'm just waiting to slag someone off!

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 20:02
Why thank you very much for your kind thoughts. And I already do know of a few forums where people actually agree to disagree and function as a big happy family. It's working out wonders and I'm thoroughly enjoying being a part of those places:thumbsup:

Thats wonderful. Its so nice when everyone can just get along, I take it these forums don't require a sense of humour to frequent them then as my first reply to you was simply a tongue in cheek joke about the paradox of you *****ing about people *****ing about people *****ing about a game. Its a never ending rollercoaster of fun!

Right I'm off to stir up a hornets nest amongst the wrinklies at www.knitmeapullover.com

enoch
15th Apr 2006, 20:03
Then again - there are to many threads around here. I don't know where to start...

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 20:04
:D
I'm just waiting to slag someone off!

hows this, your name kind of sounds like eunuch, which implies you have no *****.. hahaha..

Go for the kill dude, my guard is down! :p

Silver_Rain
15th Apr 2006, 20:06
Thats wonderful. Its so nice when everyone can just get along, I take it these forums don't require a sense of humour to frequent them

Sure they do.....perhaps just not your kind of humour;)

enoch
15th Apr 2006, 20:06
hows this, your name kind of sounds like eunuch, which implies you have no *****.. hahaha..

Go for the kill dude, my guard is down! :p

What! You don't spell it like that..oh, that version...

Well..SLAG!

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 20:11
Sure they do.....perhaps just not your kind of humour;)

but... but... my mum thinks I'm funny!

Anyhow, I'd love to stay and debate with you all night about who hates what and why we can't all hold hands and sing songs and roast marshmallows together... but those old ladies are at each others throats over on the knitting forum. Beryls dissing Doris for using a three loop backstitch on a scarf when everyone knows you should use a double-hoop threadthrough.

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 20:12
What! You don't spell it like that..oh, that version...

Well..SLAG!

Ownage.

Sir, my hat is tipped in your general direction.

sheighton
15th Apr 2006, 20:39

You entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to think you are wrong... :p

munchkin
15th Apr 2006, 20:45
I'm not dissing anyone. Did I really make myself that unclear? I'm not saying that those who complain are any better than those who don't. But seeing these constant topics slagging off the game and those contra-topics slagging off the people who slag off the game is getting a tad boring at length. Why can't we all just agree to disagree and continue doing whatever makes us all happy?:thumbsup: Let those who don't like it turn their efforts over to something else and those who do like it can continue replaying it all they want.

its not that there are counter threads thats the whole point, there are one or two, pro TRL threads, and well into double figures, dissing TRL threads, all saying exactly the same things, it gets dull, and annoying, to read the same stuff over and over agains, spread out over the forum.

although to be fair at least now there are lots of advice threads, whcih knock these threads of the page, but please, ojay its short, the PC ocntrols need either work or adabtabuility on behalf of the PC gamers to use controllers.

beccaxx

Silver_Rain
15th Apr 2006, 21:05
You entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to think you are wrong... :p

Sure you are. But in this case I'm just wondering what you think I'm wrong about. Just so we have this straight, I am not critisizing Tomb Raider:Legend. In fact I'm finding the game awesome and absolutely worth playing:thumbsup:
I'm just finding it a bit immature to growl at people because they don't agree with you. And I have seen more than just one or two counter Legend topics, just to have mentioned that.

NaughtyGirl
15th Apr 2006, 22:10
quit your slaggin' :eek:
ps how you gonna rip on a perfectly nice biblical name like enoch:p

RAZMAT
16th Apr 2006, 03:45
legend has more glitches than aod.i bought the game a couple days ago,played into the second level and have'nt touched it since . don't even have the urge.i'd rather play the old ones.just my opinion.thanks for listening.

DABhand
16th Apr 2006, 04:15
The guy who originally posted this was concerned, he has now to try and find a way to play TRL comfortably being left handed.

But as usual in comes fanbois who have to bring others down, why shouldnt he complain... oh because hes left handed and your all right handed? Wow thats close to being racism, very close.

Whats next flame people with long hair over their eyes? Or long finger nails that stop them reaching keys?

Im telling you this forum is like a pantomime. A comedy one.

Orangy
16th Apr 2006, 06:26
Hello, I'm sure if the OP look through the menu options, he would quickily realize there's a way to customize the keys. Its very easy to customize the keys for left hand use. But he just wants to troll, so he comes up with a sorry excuse and hurries here to bash the game. Can't say I appreciate OP's attitude.

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 06:44
This guy is complaining about something that he has total control over and then blaming the developers because he is too lazy to configure his keyboard. Left handed, right handed, middle fingered, who cares? :rolleyes: I had to spend a whole 5 minutes reconfiguring my gamepad, but I got over it. Geesh, some people are just asking to get slagged.

Vicky
16th Apr 2006, 07:24
I'm left handed and I don't have the same problems as the original poster.

However, I use a PS2 and I strongly recommend you use this version to play TRL.

DABhand
16th Apr 2006, 20:15
Correct you can configure them, perhaps if people didnt flame the guy and told him how, he may be newish to games or hasnt been playing them for a long time.

Either way, its the general attitude of most here and thats to flame people who dont share the same ideals as others. Its pretty pathetic and childish IMHO.

susan
16th Apr 2006, 20:33
perhaps if people didnt flame the guy and told him how, he may be newish to games or hasnt been playing them for a long time.

Either way, its the general attitude of most here and thats to flame people who dont share the same ideals as others. Its pretty pathetic and childish IMHO.Reminds me of a pack of wolves, at times, sniffing around looking to jump the poor person who says anything against their precious. :rolleyes:

And the way the others pile in after one starts up too... Thank you everyone for demonstrating the poison herd principle of mob behaviour. ;) :thumbsup:

Normally, it's such a friendly place to be. :)

Zeeblade
16th Apr 2006, 20:38
I'm left handed and I don't have the same problems as the original poster.

However, I use a PS2 and I strongly recommend you use this version to play TRL.

Vicky.. funny..the "However I use a PS2".. hehe

LuxAngel
16th Apr 2006, 20:53
Reminds me of a pack of wolves, at times, sniffing around looking to jump the poor person who says anything against their precious. :rolleyes:

And the way the others pile in after one starts up too... Thank you everyone for demonstrating the poison herd principle of mob behaviour. ;) :thumbsup:

Normally, it's such a friendly place to be. :)
Very, very well said. I usually ask the person for specifics about what they didn't like about a game... and leave it there. Different opinions are interesting to me.

Last year when I was concerned about an article stating that Legend would use the Legacy of Kain engine, someone jumped all over me for expressing concern. :rolleyes: Really. As if what I said would have hurt anybody; it wasn't like the good folks at CD or Toby were going to say, "Maybe we should use a different engine; this person has doubts!!" lolol

And don't different people have different opinions, anyway? :p People panic as if an opposite viewpoint is going to change the course of the world. Take it all in stride. ;)

susan
16th Apr 2006, 21:08
Very, very well said. I usually ask the person for specifics about what they didn't like about a game... and leave it there. Different opinions are interesting to me.I'm like you Lux, I find it interesting that people don't all think alike. I sometimes wonder if others would prefer it though if we were a bunch of programmed robots with set algorithms instead:

"I think Legend is wonderful and it is the bestest game ever in the world."
"I concur."
"I concur."
"I concur."
"I concur."
"I concur." .... :eek:

It's the only way we'll all agree. Especially when there is no right or wrong, only opinion and taste.

And don't different people have different opinions, anyway? :p People panic as if an opposite viewpoint is going to change the course of the world. Take it all in stride. ;)

THE VOICE OF REASON. :thumbsup: :)

Paul-uk
16th Apr 2006, 21:12
:D :confused: :D :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Silver_Rain
16th Apr 2006, 21:14
Very, very well said. I usually ask the person for specifics about what they didn't like about a game... and leave it there. Different opinions are interesting to me.

it wasn't like the good folks at CD or Toby were going to say, "Maybe we should use a different engine; this person has doubts!!" lolol

Absolutely well said indeed.....I couldn't agree more:thumbsup:

sup2069
16th Apr 2006, 21:21
Welcome to the topsy turvy, laugh a minute world of the internet my friend. I once read this thread about AOD, somebody slagged that game off, then someone slagged him off, I went in and slagged them off, then someone slagged me off, luckily I had an ally who slagged them off but the admin stepped in and slagged us all off, then someone slagged off the admin and he banned them.

LOL

laracroft3
20th Apr 2006, 00:04
:) I really wish that people would stop whinning about how bad TRL is and just think about all of the other things that Edios did right. At least Lara has new equitment that allows the player to interact more with the game. If people are just going to complain and point out all of the flaws that the game has then why should Edios keep creating the TR games besides the obivous reasons of them making money and that some people actually like the TR games. Just my thoughts you guys can disagree with me all you want to. (TRL best game of all the TR games that I have played)

LaraCroft3:)

Kiopo
20th Apr 2006, 00:35
legend has more glitches than aod.i bought the game a couple days ago,played into the second level and have'nt touched it since . don't even have the urge.i'd rather play the old ones.just my opinion.thanks for listening.

I was dissapointed at first and was annoyed the controls had changed so much, but it gets a lot better!

portland bill
20th Apr 2006, 09:48

I'm still struggling with the controls but the game's good enough to keep me persevering (sp?). I'm left handed too, but it's not so much the controls that bug me, more having to compensate for the bl**dy camera moving around and changing the direction lara moves in without any input from me.

Plus, where is the logic of lara facing one way (towards the camera), pulling out her guns and she immediately turns 180 degrees? And, if you're in a confined space, say back to a wall, or in a tunnel, the camera swings round all over the place, as does lara's movements.

warmonger180
20th Apr 2006, 10:57
Comparing the controls of a First Person Game with the ones of a Third Person Game? I see.

yeah, i think that makes a lotta sense :rolleyes: mayhap the original poster should try a gamepad, and not one of those for toy consoles. keyboard/mouse are for shooters, gamepads for games of the TR type and joystix for flight sims. it's simple as that. i'm left handed as well and my wingman rumblepad is quite suitable for TRL. if only i had the key config from the readme, if it's there, to setup a profile cuz the default settings could be improved upon