PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen.... Hmm

Scott =]!
15th Apr 2006, 16:47
on my computer i can turn on the next gen content on and get a slow frame rate so i dont use it beside i dont like it. In places like Croft manor in some of the smaller rooms the shadows are to much it makes it to dark and in some of the outfit Lara looks like she has red hair! (im not tring to offend anyone with red hair its just that Lara does not have red hair and she does not suit it) apart from the shadows and the hair the next gen is great

Prometeus
15th Apr 2006, 16:56
A mix of brown and red hair when the yellow rays of the sun are bathing her hair. Conclusion, orange?

The rooms and the shadows are very dark, but i think that this is normal in a lost temple without electric lights. In the Croft's mansion it could be a graphic problem, but we must think that the lights are off and the illumination comes from the sky through windows

Joshorty
15th Apr 2006, 17:02
In places like Croft manor in some of the smaller rooms the sadows are to much it makes it to dark
But isn't that realism:confused: Although I like current-gen Lara better, at times and a few snaps and of next0gen Lara I like and some I don't...like for one, I saw in a clip where Lara was on a train interactive scene level, before she had to dodge her head from that metal mabbober, the camera is zoomed on her eyes, as she looks up and it kinda freaked me out a little...other then that, sometimes I like next-gen Lara but the current-gen, I think, is the best. The next-gen sometimes makes me forget that she's Lara for some reason:confused:

*say you guys know this part of the scene (I've seen them in trailer 3 and 4) where she says:

You'll be amazed how presuasive I can be
Who owns both the current-gen and next-gen/PC version of this game:confused: Did you guys noticed the differences when she said that line:confused: (which btw, I like the way she said it on current-gen A LOT beter)

Jurjen
15th Apr 2006, 17:07
Uhh? There is no such thing as the nextgen or current gen version of the game to buy. There is just one version on PC. And the in-game option only changes the graphics, not the VO...

Or are you talking about other platforms?

Joshorty
15th Apr 2006, 17:21
O nonono of course there's no change of voice overs. I just noticed between Trailer 3 somewhere at the middle(current-gen) and trailer 4 at the end(next-gen)

when she says that line:

You'll be amazed how presuasive I can be

There seem to be a look of difference (camera angle and the way Lara moves)(needless to say, the current-gen looks hotter and better:D). Do you or any of you own the PC version:confused: try comparing that scene between nextgen and currentgen cuz I'm curious of the differences...

Joshorty
15th Apr 2006, 20:00
...anyone:confused: or am I just crazy...maybe I'll capture the pics and show you guys here in another thread:D