PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished TRL on xbox 360.

Resident Evil X
15th Apr 2006, 06:04
Ok..awsome game..but hm? i have not yet experinced the 2 10 minute level...are you guys confusing them for the time trails?? cuz the point of it..is to beat the level as fast as possible..a total of my game time for TRL is over 10 hours..and i Kinda rushed the last 3 levels to unlock alot of achievement points..the game is Moderate length if you take your time..so no probs there..the game is awsome, so now i love it even more.

Please please..quit bashing it..there were some moments where the puzzle wasnt too easy..so just leave legend as it is..a great remarkable game. :thumbsup:

Giolon
15th Apr 2006, 06:18
I enjoyed it a whole lot too. It seems to me that some people just want the same played-out to death rehash that we got out of the first 6 Tomb Raider games. A lot of people are claiming that the heart & soul of Tomb Raider is the old clunky controls, the punishing precision, and dead-lifeless square worlds. This simply isn't true. The heart of Tomb Raider is adventure. It's exploration. It's traveling around the world. All of this is in place in TRL. And to top it all off, the game looks & controls better than ever. While I'm not as keen on the shortness of the game or the re-written backstory for Lara, the new backstory serves as the focus for the game and in that context works quite well.

Resident Evil X
15th Apr 2006, 17:25
I enjoyed it a whole lot too. It seems to me that some people just want the same played-out to death rehash that we got out of the first 6 Tomb Raider games. A lot of people are claiming that the heart & soul of Tomb Raider is the old clunky controls, the punishing precision, and dead-lifeless square worlds. This simply isn't true. The heart of Tomb Raider is adventure. It's exploration. It's traveling around the world. All of this is in place in TRL. And to top it all off, the game looks & controls better than ever. While I'm not as keen on the shortness of the game or the re-written backstory for Lara, the new backstory serves as the focus for the game and in that context works quite well.

Yeah! whats up with that?? why are the fans so mad? TRL went from NASTY controls..slow..ok story line..to Star wars epic film! quality. the controls..action..and theres alot of Tomb raiding if you ask me..there is only like 1 city lvl..the rest are all jungle and tombs and such. only problem that i would agree is that..its shorter then any other TR but who cares..the game is perfect. There shouldnt be any complaints, the game is a blockbuster hit. the controls are perfect, the action scenes and graphics are top of the line, only improvement that it needs is better AI on the enemies and longer like any other TR game, but even then the shortness of this game doesnt bother me too much. Since the storyline and game itself was great. :thumbsup:

Vicky
15th Apr 2006, 17:29
Just want to say congratulations on finishing the game!

You are very lucky to have an Xbox 360, I can't afford one....yet!

Allek
15th Apr 2006, 18:08
I am a die-hard TR fan. The only TR I did not like was AoD. I loved Legend, but I would still like to see a longer, harder sequel.

Remember the first TR started off fairly easy and got harder as you progressed. Then TR2 started off as hard as the first ended and got harder. The same in TR3.... got harder. I hope they continue this method with the TR:Legend series.

The controls are pretty fluid once you get use to them, but I still liked it better when the controls were based on Lara's point of view. You know, when left was always Lara's left and so on. The new controls can be confusing if the camera is not to her back. I am having trouble with time trials because of this. Having to push the joystick up to make Lara move left is pretty awkward for me.

But, yeah, I loved Legend and look forward to many sequels! :D

tr1xp
15th Apr 2006, 18:39
Yeah! whats up with that?? why are the fans so mad? TRL went from NASTY controls..slow..ok story line..to Star wars epic film! quality.

It went from Tomb Raider to Soul Reaver 3 - Legacy of Lara. Same engine, same gameplay mechanics, everything.

Some of us wanted Tomb Raider.

12gage
16th Apr 2006, 16:24
i agree you are lucky to have finished it, well done, i am totally stuck in japan on the flag poles

tunka
16th Apr 2006, 16:29
I dis agree with you. Laura moves crappy. Like a clunky sqare but she doesn't look it.

Beechwell
16th Apr 2006, 16:49
I dis agree with you. Laura moves crappy. Like a clunky sqare but she doesn't look it.
While I can see why people find the game too short, too easy and too linear, I don't get what the problems with the controls are supposed to be. Once you get used to the "new" controls it's a charm playing Lara. You do remember how awefull she moved in AoD, right?

I liked the game as well, only there could have been a little more for our money and a bit more puzzles insted of firefights.

Paul-uk
16th Apr 2006, 18:00
BRING EXPANTION PACK for PS3!!!! :D

Kiopo
16th Apr 2006, 18:12
im not sayin anythin against the new game but i really dont see what the problem was with the old controls anyway?! AOD sure but i never found the earlier games any trouble..