PDA

View Full Version : What's your least favorite Level?

gingerspice+tombobsessed
15th Apr 2006, 03:51
You know what's wierd, the first TR game I played was AOD and there was like no Tombs or anything like that, it was all like in the city. Then when I play Legend where the game is actually tombs i realise i love Tombs so much better than cities lol! So my least favorite level is Japan - not that it's bad it's just not a tomb!

3dmdesblood
15th Apr 2006, 04:07
man you are really talktive, i like Himalayan most because it reminds me the past game most, wounderful!

and i was thinking, why don't you organise a competetion of the time trail, to see who is the real tough guy, uhn~

my forum in china have similar movements such as photograph competetion, looking forward to that.

CharlieTrace
15th Apr 2006, 05:07
My least favorite level was the final one. Don't get me wrong, I did love it. It was very cinematic and the final boss is finally a return to the kind we saw in TR's 1-4 (and that's all I'm saying about that).

The trouble is, it would've been better if you had to go through some sort of level with platforming and puzzles before you get right into... the part that's actually displayed in the finished level. There should be, I think, a buildup to that point in the level itself instead of just being right in it immediately. As much as I love the final boss fights in those other Tomb Raiders (and this one, really), I also love the buildup you get as you get nearer and nearer to it in the final level (or, in the case of part 3, how there's still more to the level afterwards).

I don't think any of that had any spoilers at all. I did my very best to avoid anything of that nature.

sheighton
15th Apr 2006, 05:47
Nepal was my least favorite for just one reason...It was 'empty'...You may be asking, "Empty? How so?" Well let me explain. Despite having more puzzles and environmental hazards than pretty much all of the other levels it had very few things that you actually had to fight. What 5 mercs and three Snow Leopards?!? Are the devs mad? I mean Cornwall was almost as bad, but at least you had one wicked boss fight/puzzle and twice as many mercs to kill...Anyways despite these two things I still enjoyed the levels, just as I enjoyed the game. I can't wait for the next one. Maybe in my free time, I'll unlock a few more outfits, get more treasures, and get my last pistol upgrade...

-Dizzy-
15th Apr 2006, 08:50
It would be a tough choice, but luckily you included the last level so I will take the cheap way out and choose that :p

It was over in a couple of minutes, there was nothing to it and nothing to collect.

Cat Valentine
15th Apr 2006, 09:58
favourite was Nepal, u had to think on ur feet and move quickly to avoid all the hazards and so on, was nice and isolated and probably the most tomb raider-y. i liked all the levels, they all looked good and had interesting things to them, i voted Ghana as my least favourite just coz it was so short and boring, the 1st bit with the waterfall is probably the prettiest thing in the game, but thats all it was, a show off level.

munchkin
15th Apr 2006, 11:00
i liked all of them, and don;t have aleast fav as they all have merits. i liked japan as the detail, to the skyline, the story there was amazing, loved it, i loved nepal, for the lack of enemies, and its vastness. liked bolivia for its traps, metrcs, and so on. loved the last level, as it was so lush, and fun swinging excalibour around to defeat the last of rutlands mercs, and rutland, not to mention the final boss fight, and the final fmv wchi frnakly was excellent, real darkness, in lara there, simple genius from CD loved it all.

beccaxx