PDA

View Full Version : PC, PS2, or Xbox?

seano287
15th Apr 2006, 01:41
Which version is better, as far as graphics and controls, gameplay? I'm leaning toward PC.

3dmdesblood
15th Apr 2006, 01:47
So far as i know the Xbox360 version is very powerful, and the performance is similar to those on high-end PC.

CharlieTrace
15th Apr 2006, 05:16
I played the demo on the 360 and it was beautiful, BUT I bought the PS2 version and wasn't remotely dissapointed. The graphics aren't *as* nice, but you will still be very impressed, I think, regardless of the version you get. Don't worry about being short changed based on the platform you buy it for, because from what I've seen so far, that won't be the case.

sheighton
15th Apr 2006, 06:00
PC is the way to go for me...Best graphics bar none and I personally will take a mouse and keyboard over a controller any day...

Giolon
15th Apr 2006, 06:52
Actually the Xbox 360 version has pretty bad framerate issues. However, you need a pretty good PC to play it with "Next Generation" options turned on to make it match up to the 360 version. However, even without the Next Gen options on the game looks outstanding! There are some comparison shots floating around of nextgen vs. not, but those "non-next gen" PC screens actually have more than just the next gen option turned off. They have reflection, water effects, and depth of field turned off too.

-Dizzy-
15th Apr 2006, 08:44
Graphics = PC

Framerate = XBOX/ possibly PC but it depends on the power of your PC and the settings that you choose

Controls = I've heard it's hard witha keyboard, but it depends which controller you like best.

sharpcams
15th Apr 2006, 10:51
The xbox is the best and I'll tell you why.I've got a Ps2 a PC & an xbox 360,and lying back in bed playing with a wireless controler looking at a LCD high diff TV while jumping around cliff sides in a goth outfit can't be beaten by hunching over a Pc keyboard.Ive tried.the 360 has two dedicated processors & a graphics card to match any highend computer,for games of this type consols win.

munchkin
15th Apr 2006, 10:55
according to the OPS2 mag, its the best game graphically on the PS2 so far. i'd have to agree, it is amazing, i think it depends, on what you like gameplay wise, if you are by nature, a PC gamer, for all games, then go PC, if you are a concsole gamer, for action adventures, than go for a console.

either way the specs look amazing on all formats form what i've seen :)

beccaxx

seano287
15th Apr 2006, 14:43
alright thanks! i think i'll go with PC. How do I know if my PC is good enough for the "Next-Gen" graphics?
I have 3ghz, 1022 Ram, Radeon 9200 graphics card.

Sumpfmolch
15th Apr 2006, 14:49
alright thanks! i think i'll go with PC. How do I know if my PC is good enough for the "Next-Gen" graphics?
I have 3ghz, 1022 Ram, Radeon 9200 graphics card.

you need a shader 3.0 card for "next gen" content

my vote goes to: pc version

- game modifications possible (texture replacements for free new clothes, etc.)
- CHEAP...paying >30 €/$ for a 8h game is just insane :eek:

-Dizzy-
15th Apr 2006, 16:15
I just played the game on 360 today and the framerate was absolutely abysmal. I haven't seen a game this bad in years. IGN says the framerate was only bad at the highest resolutions, it's possible that every complaint I have seen has been from people playing at the highest resolution....though it seems a bit unlikely.

This was only the first level and there wasn't even any enemies around.

seano287
15th Apr 2006, 17:36
you need a shader 3.0 card for "next gen" content

my vote goes to: pc version

- game modifications possible (texture replacements for free new clothes, etc.)
- CHEAP...paying >30 €/$ for a 8h game is just insane :eek:

what is a shader 3.0 card? and where can i get one?

Allek
15th Apr 2006, 19:19
I have a GeForce 6800 OC w/256mb, 3.something ghz AMD, 1gb ram, 320gb hard drive. Ha :D, my computer was considered a high end pc for about a day! Although I can use the next-gen, it really bogs the framerate. Seems to me that if you don't have the newest possibe graphics card, you're probably not going to be using next-gen.

Still, I recommend the PC version.