PDA

View Full Version : Memories...

imported_Mark_
14th Apr 2006, 23:35
Anyone remember this?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1011/mainimage6bl.jpg

I like to look back in the past and remember. Ahh, I remember the first news about Tomb Raider being released in June 2005... What are your feelings now that we can finally play the game? Did it reach your expectations?

thoran6
15th Apr 2006, 00:06
i was the worst TR so far, too short, no challenges, the shiny parts and the guys in your ear tell you what to do, autograb sucked, i could go on and on, but i am going to buy TR2 now to see what a real game is...TR legends is for kids Crystal Dynamics needs to be fired and stick with kain,,,

Straw Dog
15th Apr 2006, 00:14
i was the worst TR so far

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself mate. Raiding tombs is not an easy business to be in these days. I'm sure you're not THE worst, and even if you are, you can still make a living up against the walls with sailors.

ShadowOfOblivion
15th Apr 2006, 00:39
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself mate. Raiding tombs is not an easy business to be in these days. I'm sure you're not THE worst, and even if you are, you can still make a living up against the walls with sailors.

NICE! :D

Yeah, he posts criticism on other people's spelling, yet he cant even spell correctly himself, or even use proper punctuation.

sheighton
15th Apr 2006, 01:05
Wow can you say we have a serious troll infestation problem that needs to be resolved? Maybe banning the troll will do it...

Anywho, I loved the game and I was finally pleased with a Tomb Raider in almost every category, except length of content, but as graphics and shooter design (ie movement ect) makes or breaks these games for me just as much as content, I was very pleased with this game. Frankly, it lived up to every expectation I ever had for it and I can't wait for the next one!

CharlieTrace
15th Apr 2006, 05:19
I did love it a lot and I've been waiting for the game a long time like all of you have, I'm sure, but.. I have to admit, it didn't really meet my expectations. But, I guess, how could it? That's the trouble with high expectations. But I can say that I wasn't dissapointed.

Although I knew about many of the more impressive areas in the game thanks to screenshots and such, so I wasn't as blown-away as I would have been otherwise, but that's not really the game's fault.

If only it weren't so short.

-Dizzy-
15th Apr 2006, 08:54
I remember first hearing about it in a PlayStation magazine. They had it in their list of games that were going to be released in 2005 I think, it was simply referred to as "Tomb Raider 7".

I remember reading about Crystal Dynamics developing it, and it said the developer of Gex...and I'm pretty sure there were some people that questioned the developer, but I think it turned out great.

Gameplay was pretty good, but I was expecting it to be longer and harder like the previous games.

Mangar The Dark
15th Apr 2006, 14:30
i am going to buy TR2 now to see what a real game is..

So you don't know what a real game is?
Well, good luck with TR2... maybe it'll cheer you up a bit. To be honest, though, I actually didn't enjoy that one as much as the others. But who knows? Maybe you'll like it. I'd say go for TR1 or 4, though.

Resy
15th Apr 2006, 14:58
I own all the previous TR games and I can assure you that after playing (and haven't beat the game yet and I'm a good 5 hours in and only in japan) that when you pick up TR2 you may become very frustrated. Granted TR2 has got to be one of my all time fav of the 10 year old series however... You'll miss the controls Lara in TRL has. You'll be lining up and re-lining up jumps. You'll be operating on a grid system of invisible tiles. The simple act of controlling Lara is complicated. The environments are very large pixels that repeat themselves. The water does not even splash when Lara jumps in. Music only plays at certain moments usually to indicate something is about to happen. Otherwise its quiet.

I love TR2... but TRL is just so wonderful all around that I definatly overlook how short it may be. But to be honest with you... I can beat TR2 in under 12 hours...

imported_Mark_
15th Apr 2006, 15:52
Well at this point, I have seen the light. :D

I've read lots of reviews and opinions regarding Tomb Raider: Legend, and they all are so heterogeneous. The conclusion is: this isn't the best Tomb Raider, nor the worst. Everyone is entitled to it's own opinion, based on everyone's own experiences.

I see many comments saying "this is not Tomb Raider" or "this is pure Tomb Raider!", so who is right and who's not? :)

I personally loved Legend, and the general critics are pretty good. In my opinion, it's an excellent starting for Crystal Dynamics, but I just hope they don't sleep on their success. There's still so much work to be done until we have a product that likes to everyone. So I think creating a "what would you improve in Tomb Raider: Legend" sticky thread would help very much to the Crystal Dynamics team.

Treeble
15th Apr 2006, 15:56
I love TR2... but TRL is just so wonderful all around that I definatly overlook how short it may be. But to be honest with you... I can beat TR2 in under 12 hours...

A 100% (all secrets, all pickups, all kills) run with NO medipacks can be done in less than 10 hours. I've done it a couple months back. But what do we know. Bashers will keep saying they miss the length and difficulty of previous Tomb Raider games.

Treeble
15th Apr 2006, 15:59
So I think creating a "what would you improve in Tomb Raider: Legend" sticky thread would help very much to the Crystal Dynamics team.

As much as I would like to agree, it wouldn't work. We'd have a sudden troll infestation and everyone would be crying to change about everything. If anything, either Crystal would be put off by the silly comments our local 10yr old kids would make or if they were to take the ideas seriously, they'd be VERY confused, because we as a fanbase never get to agree with anything the other says. :rolleyes:

Might be just me, though.

imported_Mark_
15th Apr 2006, 16:12
Well I have just posted the thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=58537). Let's see how it works out...