PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth keyboard problem

BigColWales
14th Apr 2006, 22:15
Legend does not seem to like my microsoft elite bluetooth keyboard. But the microsoft bluetooth mouse works as normal. I've plugged in a loaned PS2 keyboard, which works perfectly: I've tried a few things, such as re-installing the keyboard, re-installing bluetooth drivers, unattaching the joystick etc but to no avail. Game is pretty useless without a keyboard, so thoughts anyone?

cyberstorm
17th Apr 2006, 15:41
I'm having problems with my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard as well, I found I had to reduce the repeat rates and mouse sensitivity otherwise Lara just keeps running. Its been impossible to control the motorcycle as it just keeps smashing to the left and right all the time and forget about any swimming as she drowns before I regain control of the keys.

It just makes me want to give up on the game altogether :(

andyp33
17th Apr 2006, 19:49
Hi
Read about this in other threads. Have task manager running before you start the game once you have started the game quickly right click on the trl.exe in the process list and set priority to normal. this can be intermittent so be patient and try restating your PC e.t.c. I to have a wireless keyboard & mouse I have tried with ps2 kbrd & mouse and the game works fine. As I have said in my other thread on this EDIOS need to sort this out with another patch. Its not good enough EDIOS are you listening!!!

Hope this helps in the meantime.

cyberstorm
17th Apr 2006, 22:47
Hello Andy

yes, I would like to confirm this fixed the problem of Lara running everywhere, I have managed to finish Peru and I am up to Tenakas big fight.

The keyboard is very precise now, now way I would have made it around the building otherwise

do I have to do this every time I play?

Terry

BigColWales
17th Apr 2006, 23:21
Thanks Andy - its fiddly but works. Lets hope eidos get their act together and give us a proper patch!

cyberstorm
19th Apr 2006, 13:10
Thanks Andy - its fiddly but works. Lets hope eidos get their act together and give us a proper patch!

I have written a small vbscript to perform this action and it seems to work

first open notepad:

then cut and paste the text between the dotted lines into notepads window

---------------------------------------------------
Const NORMAL = 32

Dim WshShell, oExec

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("trl.exe")

WScript.Sleep 10000

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'trl.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcesses
objProcess.SetPriority(NORMAL)
Next
--------------------------------------------

save this file as tombstart.vbs into the tombraider directory at "C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider - Legend\" be carefull to save it as a .vbs file and not vbs.txt (select "all files" and use save as)

right click the file and save a shortcut to desktop

now when you click the shortcut the script should launch Tomb Raider, wait ten seconds and then reset the priority to NORMAL

hope this helps, of course I cant guarantee it will work every time or not cause another fault but it seems to work for me

Terry

andyp33
21st Apr 2006, 11:09
Hi
This script works more reliably than pissing about with Task Manager.

You should get a job with EDIOS.

Once again many thanks cyberstorm you the man...

Andy......

jgxenite
21st Apr 2006, 15:45
Hi all,

I had the same problem and fixed it using the reduced repeat rate. It is extremely annoying and I hope Eidos release a patch for it. Did manage to finish the game in the end, but got extremely frustrated but I realised about the low repeat rate!

James

andyp33
21st Apr 2006, 18:25
Hi All

If you are having this problem with Lara running around out of control. Well, I may have the answer..... It maybe the Nvidia Beta driver 81.43 I am going to roll back the driver or uninstall then re-load the old driver. I read another thread saying that after he installed the beta driver Lara was running around out of control. So maybe this is the answer.

Any thoughts people....:

cyberstorm
21st Apr 2006, 18:32
I dont think so, I am running a radeon card with the same problem, only reducing the task down to Normal stopped it for me, since I used the script I have got through peru, japan, kazakstan before the fix I couldnt control the bike.

Terry

andyp33
22nd Apr 2006, 09:10
Yes you are right, I rolled back to the latest driver and same problem.So I have gone back to the Beta driver.(the beta driver is better anyway)

Cyberstorm's Script is the best way People Just remember to wait 10 seconds after the game loads. I open task manager first then run the script which in turn loads up the game then ctrl + alt + del check the priority is on Normal.

Works for Me.

Once again Many Thanks to Cyberstorm.

Andy...

cyberstorm
22nd Apr 2006, 11:34
If people are finding the 10 second wait too long they can always change the 10000 millisecond delay constant, I just thought 10 seconds was a good safe delay in case the program re-asserted the high priority after it started. I'm glad its working OK, I have never written any scripts before but had to google how to do the various bits. Now if I could just get my reaction time a bit better I could sort out that monster ;)

andyp33
23rd Apr 2006, 15:30
Well done if its your first script, we write batch files where I work and our script kiddie said that your script is perfect.

(does exactly what it says on the tin)

lol

Andy...

cyberstorm
23rd Apr 2006, 16:11
Well done if its your first script, we write batch files where I work and our script kiddie said that your script is perfect.

(does exactly what it says on the tin)

lol

Andy...

Cheers Andy :D :)

holyhowler
23rd Apr 2006, 18:28
I have written a small vbscript to perform this action and it seems to work

first open notepad:

then cut and paste the text between the dotted lines into notepads window

---------------------------------------------------
Const NORMAL = 32

Dim WshShell, oExec

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("trl.exe")

WScript.Sleep 10000

strComputer = "."

Next
--------------------------------------------

save this file as tombstart.vbs into the tombraider directory at "C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider - Legend\" be carefull to save it as a .vbs file and not vbs.txt (select "all files" and use save as)

right click the file and save a shortcut to desktop

now when you click the shortcut the script should launch Tomb Raider, wait ten seconds and then reset the priority to NORMAL

hope this helps, of course I cant guarantee it will work every time or not cause another fault but it seems to work for me

Terry

This works great tried all sorts of stuff to get the Zboard working, strange that the Gamepad worked but controlling camera angles impossible.

Thanks Cyberstorm

:)

Should make this a sticky

jgxenite
23rd Apr 2006, 23:09
Hi all,

Just a word of warning - I ran the script that cyberstorm provided and it worked fine the first few times, but then it went back to being slow and unresponsive again. I found that if I run Task Manager at the same time, the TRL.EXE process resets itself to High just after the disc loading cursor disappears. I think the delay may need increasing somewhat (but that could just be an issue with my PC).

James

cyberstorm
24th Apr 2006, 00:21
Hi all,

Just a word of warning - I ran the script that cyberstorm provided and it worked fine the first few times, but then it went back to being slow and unresponsive again. I found that if I run Task Manager at the same time, the TRL.EXE process resets itself to High just after the disc loading cursor disappears. I think the delay may need increasing somewhat (but that could just be an issue with my PC).

James

Hi, thanks for testing that James, I thing the delay is dependent on the prioriy of the script with respect to the program and a few other variables, if you can see it switching n seconds after it starts its only a matter of making the delay n*1000 milliseconds. It may well be because my PC has a fast dvd drive and processor

another way it could be done is to attach the second half of the script to a hot key if your keyboard has one and press it once the start screen appears

that would be the lines

---------------------------
Const NORMAL = 32
strComputer = "."
Next
---------------------------

terry