PDA

View Full Version : My honest opinion

imported_Mark_
14th Apr 2006, 18:56
I have just completed the game for the second time (it took me 2 days) and I'm still amazed. Hopefully because it has been a long time since I played a decent Tomb Raider (by decent I mean complete, without any important bugs and a whole story).

One of the things of the game I've fallen in love is the soundtrack. I loved every piece of it and the micro-scoring system.

The graphics are awesome and the game compatiblity is just great! I was very afraid that I couldn't play the game on my GeForce 4 MX, but thanks to Crystal Dynamics' excellent team, I've been able to play it without any trouble!

To be honest, at first I had my doubts about moving the franchise to another studio. Core Design made me fall in love with Lara and the scenarios in the previous games were absolutely fantastic. Now Crystal Dynamics has refreshed my excitement with hugely detailed scenarios and a good story.

I really look forward to play the next game. I just hope it will be longer though... :D But anyway, I'm very happy with the final product of Tomb Raider: Legend. With more than 100 people working on the game, now Tomb Raider can just get better and better. :thumbsup:

Thank you Eidos / Crystal Dynamics. I've fallen in love all over again.

Resident Evil X
14th Apr 2006, 19:02
I have just completed the game for the second time (it took me 2 days) and I'm still amazed. Hopefully because it has been a long time since I played a decent Tomb Raider (by decent I mean complete, without any important bugs and a whole story).

One of the things of the game I've fallen in love is the soundtrack. I loved every piece of it and the micro-scoring system.

The graphics are awesome and the game compatiblity is just great! I was very afraid that I couldn't play the game on my GeForce 4 MX, but thanks to Crystal Dynamics' excellent team, I've been able to play it without any trouble!

To be honest, at first I had my doubts about moving the franchise to another studio. Core Design made me fall in love with Lara and the scenarios in the previous games were absolutely fantastic. Now Crystal Dynamics has refreshed my excitement with hugely detailed scenarios and a good story.

I really look forward to play the next game. I just hope it will be longer though... :D But anyway, I'm very happy with the final product of Tomb Raider: Legend. With more than 100 people working on the game, now Tomb Raider can just get better and better. :thumbsup:

i Completely Agree with you man, and i DO love the soundtrack also, its perfect, i 2 cant wait for the next TR game.

uzigirl
14th Apr 2006, 19:49
Same here and it's good to hear a positive review. :cool:

ShadowOfOblivion
14th Apr 2006, 20:33

Legend is perfect. If they address all the (minor) issues people have with the game for TR8 (autograb on/off, length, difficulty, manor not having an outside) and add a few new things, I have a strong feeling tr8 will be a 9+ game on review sites.

Well done job Crystal Dynamics!

munchkin
14th Apr 2006, 20:40
i agree also, nice to see, a new, shiny, positive review :)

i loved the soundtrack, and enjoyed the banter between zip alistair and lara:)

beccaxx