PDA

View Full Version : TRL enemies

Cyber Mantis
14th Apr 2006, 15:05
I might be alone on this but the enemies found in TRL were IMO the biggest disappointment even more so then the game length for me.

What happened to all the animals you fought in past TR games. All we got (excluding bosses) was a color swap cat jaguar/snowleopard and a dog:mad: Man what happened to the Bats, Wolves, Bears,Monkeys,Gators, Snakes even Dinosaurs and Yetis???

That added much to the feeling of being in a remote location for me in past games and are just so much more interesting encounters. What we got was Merc after Merc. Honestly if I wanted to fight armies of Mercs I would play Metal gear or any number of countless other games that use such mundane enemies.

Straw Dog
14th Apr 2006, 15:14
I might be alone on this but the enemies found in TRL were IMO the biggest disappointment even more so then the game length for me.

What happened to all the animals you fought in past TR games. All we got (excluding bosses) was a color swap cat jaguar/snowleopard and a dog:mad: Man what happened to the Bats, Wolves, Bears,Monkeys,Gators, Snakes even Dinosaurs and Yetis???

I dunno, are there monkeys and wolves in Bolivia. Peru or Japan? I doubt there's any in Khazakstan and I know for a fact that outside of a zoo there's none in England.

Maybe they were conscious of moving with the times and avoiding the 'endangered species killing sprees' that were TR1,2 and 3.

I would have liked to see a Yeti though, had high hopes for that once I got to Nepal, but hey, I suspect we haven't seen the last of the Yeti in TR (thanks to a certain drawing by a certain female adventurer that appeared during a certain recent video game that we all certainly own)

Cyber Mantis
14th Apr 2006, 15:31
I dunno, are there monkeys and wolves in Bolivia. Peru

Of course there are monkeys and wolves (maned wolf off hand in S America) and loads of other animals in countries like Bolvia, Peru, Kazakhstan and West Africa . Were talking rain forest and congo jungle here theres deadly animals to pick from in spades in these locations.

I doubt there's any in Khazakstan
You would be wrong though, Kazakhstan is also home to Wolves,snakes,Wild boars, jackals, brown bear even snow leopards.

http://www.mapzones.com/world/asia/kazakhstan/animalindex.php

I wasnt suggesting animals in England of Japan that would be lame, even though one of the two animals in the game appears in the Japan stage (dog).

Maybe they were conscious of moving with the times and avoiding the 'endangered species killing sprees' that were TR1,2 and 3.

I find that alittle hard to believe since one of the few animals you kill is one of the most endangered on the planet the Snow leopard. Thats like shooting a Condor or a spotted owl.

3dmdesblood
14th Apr 2006, 16:13
in some other place they were argueing about what lara wears such as in Khazakstan, you know, animal fur.

maybe designer was just thought about not letting lara to kill wild animals as possible. I think it's not right even to kill every bad people, specially without a good reason.

Mercy is always a virtue. Be care enough you'll found lara never kill enemy of no armed, sometimes the defeated boss to whom lara showed mercy, get themselves killed by putting up a desperate struggle, that is suicide and so lara does no wrong.

the animal protectors are doing there right too, this TRL is probably a transition, and we might no be able to see any in the next generation. But thats ok, we will miss the old days fighting with bear after a misjump. :o

thoran6
14th Apr 2006, 17:25
yea they could have thrown a gator into the water at least