PDA

View Full Version : Where has the chalenge & Problem solving gone in TR?

Tea_bag
14th Apr 2006, 14:47
Hi, Im a big fan of TR! Ive played the demo but wasnt convincing enough for me! to buy TR! Maybe you guys can help?

Ive palyed previous TR and they were challenging WHICH I LIKED! was worth every penny!! Little things bout the NEW TR is that there are these hints! For example when grabbling you know exactly where to use this new feature! (reflective hints!) and interact with the environment symbol ( yellow trangle with explanation mark) another hint!. Previous when jumping of a ledge leaving you soring through the air while holding down a key for lara to grab on to the next ledge , Now that was good cause if you screwed up you had to do it again and again and again! The New LARA does it automatically!! No No No! Games today:

1. Graphics Brilliant (YES WHICH WE WANT)
2. Gameplay Easier & predictable (NO WE DONT WANT!)

Hopefully the Full game isnt no 2 Above, cause its written all over the demo!

What I want to know is are you able to have a difficulty level to disable the odd hint? so you have to figure things out for yourself! What are the booby traps like are they abvious to the eye?

I just want a challenge like the previous versions. Since most of you have played well into the full game is the game good??? Im going to get TR!!!
and let you guys know my overall verdict! maybe Im wrong? it was only the demo I played!

Thanks
Tea_bag

Ps Love the Graphics (Specially Water Effects) and New gear!!

3dmdesblood
14th Apr 2006, 15:09
it's kind delight heard you were playing demo.

Straw Dog
14th Apr 2006, 15:17
it's kind delight heard you were playing demo.

:eek:

Resy
14th Apr 2006, 16:19
well first off, your playing the demo right? The demo is the first area and really more of a trainer then anything else. Of course it will give you tips. Would you rather hear Lara say "Ok now walk me over to the edge using the walk button. Now jump back and run with the jump button held down. Press X when I'm in the air and I will grab the far ledge and pull myself up." Personally I prefer this new training level to the previous ones.

gthsii
14th Apr 2006, 16:27
:eek:

i know there's a language barrier...but man that made me laugh!

gthsii
14th Apr 2006, 16:28
well first off, your playing the demo right? The demo is the first area and really more of a trainer then anything else. Of course it will give you tips. Would you rather hear Lara say "Ok now walk me over to the edge using the walk button. Now jump back and run with the jump button held down. Press X when I'm in the air and I will grab the far ledge and pull myself up." Personally I prefer this new training level to the previous ones.

isn't that what they did in AOD? annoying as hell it was

Resy
14th Apr 2006, 16:34
Yeah they did that in TR AoD as well as in Lara's manor in the earlier titles on her training yard things.

thoran6
14th Apr 2006, 16:59
nope, the whole game is easy and made for a 5 yr old to play, i was just talking about this last nite, i miss having yo walk to the edge and jump back and hold the buttons in mid air, it was fun doing it over and over until you got the angle of the jump just right. Legends is screwed up, it babies you through the whole game...

movieman
14th Apr 2006, 17:01
it was fun doing it over and over until you got the angle of the jump just right.

Maybe for you, but personally I found that insanely tedious. When I was 12 I had time to waste replaying the same thing again and again until I got it right by luck, I don't have that time today.

wgell
14th Apr 2006, 17:07
Hi, Im a big fan of TR! Ive played the demo but wasnt convincing enough for me! to buy TR! Maybe you guys can help?

Ive palyed previous TR and they were challenging WHICH I LIKED! was worth every penny!! Little things bout the NEW TR is that there are these hints! For example when grabbling you know exactly where to use this new feature! (reflective hints!) and interact with the environment symbol ( yellow trangle with explanation mark) another hint!. Previous when jumping of a ledge leaving you soring through the air while holding down a key for lara to grab on to the next ledge , Now that was good cause if you screwed up you had to do it again and again and again! The New LARA does it automatically!! No No No! Games today:

1. Graphics Brilliant (YES WHICH WE WANT)
2. Gameplay Easier & predictable (NO WE DONT WANT!)

Hopefully the Full game isnt no 2 Above, cause its written all over the demo!

What I want to know is are you able to have a difficulty level to disable the odd hint? so you have to figure things out for yourself! What are the booby traps like are they abvious to the eye?

I just want a challenge like the previous versions. Since most of you have played well into the full game is the game good??? Im going to get TR!!!
and let you guys know my overall verdict! maybe Im wrong? it was only the demo I played!

Thanks
Tea_bag

Ps Love the Graphics (Specially Water Effects) and New gear!!

The levels are all just as easy as the demo I'm afraid to say. Except the bosses which are annoying as heck. Crystal D seem to misunderstand what "puzzle" means.

I did however, much prefer Leg Ends controls. Old style TR's pixel perfect positioning and timing used to drive me nuts as much as I loved the games. So I like the controls and the graphics but the gameplay sucks.