PDA

View Full Version : Manor problem / bug ( contains a spoiler )

SirJxter
14th Apr 2006, 13:37
ok, this is really odd...

It's about the secret door at the study. If I put the two bookcases on the two stone buttons, the door next to the stairs should open, but it does not.
Yes I have placed the bookcases correctly, and yes I've exit the game, and start up again to see if it only was a one time bug. When I loaded the manor again, the bookcases were already on the buttons, but the door still wasn't open...

can somebody please help me?
I don't know what to do :(

3dmdesblood
14th Apr 2006, 15:03
aha, sorry can't do any help about the manor.

imported_KILLER_K
14th Apr 2006, 16:00
No, they don't work like that. You have to do more than just place the carts
on the block switches.If i told you it would be a "spoiler" but i will give you a
hint, "What do you go to the library for?"
Good luck

Acceber
14th Apr 2006, 17:17
Killer_K - I think the things you go to the library for open a different door, one at the other side of the room from the stairs. :)

SirJxter, from memory that's all it took for me to open the door beside the stairs (i.e. the door under the second bookcase, which you grapple down, right?). Putting the book cases on the pressure pad should open the door. There is a lever in the upstairs room but I'm pretty sure it only opens the bookcase upstairs in the library.

Perhaps you should try a completely new game, rather than just quitting and reloading, and just see if it works? (although obviously I know you probably wouldn't want to start the whole game over...) :)

NaughtyGirl
14th Apr 2006, 21:05
i think killer k means literally what do you do in a library......:p

sheighton
14th Apr 2006, 21:51
No, they don't work like that. You have to do more than just place the carts
on the block switches.If i told you it would be a "spoiler" but i will give you a
hint, "What do you go to the library for?"
Good luck

The question with that secret door that needs the books to open is how do you get the books? I mean, I know what to do once I get them but the use key does not seem to pick up the books...

BTW to the original poster if the bookracks do not open the secret passageway to the bedroom then I have no clue what is wrong with it, because it should...

EDIT: Oh and I have another question of my own...How do you open the grates that allow you to swim from the pool to the gym? Is it the lever underwater that does it? If so, since I already pulled it is there a way to reset it?

Nefarian
14th Apr 2006, 22:30
I encounter the exact same problem, but after next time I play the game (i leae the manor and continue my game), when I step into the study, the door just 'suddenly' open. I htink this is just a glitch. Fortunate it doesn't hold me back.

sunrunner
16th Apr 2006, 20:57
:confused:
ok, this is really odd...

It's about the secret door at the study. If I put the two bookcases on the two stone buttons, the door next to the stairs should open, but it does not.
Yes I have placed the bookcases correctly, and yes I've exit the game, and start up again to see if it only was a one time bug. When I loaded the manor again, the bookcases were already on the buttons, but the door still wasn't open...

can somebody please help me?
I don't know what to do :(
:confused:
I have exactly the same problem here. I've wiggled the book carts around ..tried reloading, tried getting further on in manor etc ...now I'm stuck and I'm damned if I'm going to start the whole thing again ...surely if others are experiencing this, it needs a patch to resolve it.
Anyone any ideas..

Sunrunner

Cool Modine
26th Jun 2006, 14:48
Did anyone find a workaround for this issue? I'm rather stuck otherwise, since both library carts are on their plates and I can't push/pull/grapple them off, but the secret door going downstairs won't open, so I can't get down there to trigger the first statue to do the gold reward miniquest.

aussie500
28th Jun 2006, 07:27
There is no bug so no patch is needed, there is another trigger wander around a bit and come back.

Cool Modine
28th Jun 2006, 19:37
Can you be more specific? I wandered all over the house, played some time trials, saved, loaded, prayed, and still didn't get the passageway to open back up.

aussie500
28th Jun 2006, 22:22
Go back downstairs then and stand on the pressure plate at the base of the stairs, always works for me

Cool Modine
29th Jun 2006, 02:00
Sucks to be me, then. The plate in the main room doesn't budge when I step on it, and the library secret door still doesn't open. On the plus side, I can load the one old savegame I have, halfway through the game (and before I started the library puzzle), and the door opens normally when I push the carts on the plates. At least I don't have to start from scratch...

Arwen31
12th Jul 2006, 15:05
I had the same problem the second time round playing the Manor level. What I found was I hadn't quite got the bookcases clicked into place, so I would suggested to go back to them and give them a wiggle or move them slightly on the presure pad. that's what worked for me. I knew it worked when you get a screen shot of the door opening.