PDA

View Full Version : It's happenning again!

gthsii
14th Apr 2006, 12:45
I haven't played a TR game in years. Now that I've spent quality time with TRL I found myself doing something last night that I haven't done for years. I was watching a geology show on the Science channel and they were showing clips of old Roman and Greek ruins. As the narrator was walking around the ruins I started seeing things and thinking, "Lara could make that jump." and "Oh, I could hang from that ledge, make my way over to the end and jump across to the next ledge." All the shots reminded me of TR and I couldn't help but laugh. That's when my wife said, "What's so funny"

I looked at her and replied, "You'd never understand and you;d prolly have me locked up if I told you..."

Thanks CD for doing a great job on this game and bringing back the old feeling I had when playing earlier TR games. Well done.

Just had to share...Cheers!

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Apr 2006, 12:49
That's great! Seeing Tomb Raider in everyday events and places is what makes us "special". ;) :D

bene
14th Apr 2006, 13:37
....or obsessed ;)

OuTR
14th Apr 2006, 15:07
Nah nothing wrong with that. I'm at work right now thinking about my next level and can't wait to go home and play TRL.:). I have to admit I've grown tired of all the "too short" threads going around and reading and responding to this thread is a welcomed change.

masterc
14th Apr 2006, 15:40
playing trl has really got me wanting to re-live laras adventures but i cant decide on which game to play, any ideas??

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2006, 15:50
Well, I don't think I've ever watched a geology show and thought about it in terms of TR, but I did once spend a whole afternoon playing GTA, and when I left my house, I saw a policeman on a motorscooter stopped at a traffic light, and my first thought was, "COOL! I could knock him off and steal his scooter so easily!!" Fortunately, I came to my senses very quickly, or I probably wouldn't be here right now.

gthsii
14th Apr 2006, 16:07
Well, it wasn't so much the geology show per se, just this one shot of ruins that had a decaying wall with breaks along the top (thus my analogy to ledge crawling) and in the background were three old columns, one after the other, each a bit higher than the one before...and the middle one was listing at a frightening degree (almost as though if you were to jump on it, it would start to go over and you'd need to jump real quick to the next one) just reminded me of TR.

Resy
14th Apr 2006, 16:13
My wife doesn't understand either...

She married me in 2004. But I've "been" with Lara since 1996. When TRL legends came out well I was mad scrambling to get a copy. The wife just rolls her eyes and thinks I'm crazy. I used to watch those egyptian shows all the time and imagined Lara exploring in there.

gthsii
14th Apr 2006, 16:21
my wife thinks it's all about Lara's figure...she doesn't buy it when i say it's about the character...for her its akin to saying you buy playboy for the articles :-)

Resy
14th Apr 2006, 16:26
I haven't even had TRL for one full day yet and already the wife is saying "If I was Lara I KNOW you'd pay more attention to me!"

Of course any smart married man knows the correct answer to that statement which is "Yeah right hun, she's fictional and she'd never have married a poor man like me."

oh and I hadn't even been playing an hour when I got that statement lol