PDA

View Full Version : I had an idea: lets SEE how short legend really is...

RebeL_fARmeR
14th Apr 2006, 07:48
Ok, I'm seeing sooooo many threads complaining about the length of Legend. I haven't played the full game myself, just the demo.
Let's try to create some kind of logical comparitive thread here. What I ask you to do, little Hobbits, is COMPARE the length of TR Legend to another TR game of your choice BUT state which level of that game would equal the last level of Legend

Demonstration: Tomb Raider Chronicles was shorter than Last revelation, yee? If I were to compare the length of Chronicles to Last Revelation then I'd say that somewhere in the region of Cleopatras Palace (or a bit sooner) would be where Chronicles ends. So the duration of gameplay to finish Chronicles is equal to the duration of gameplay to get to Cleopatras Palaces in Last Revalation.

So this way we can get a proper feeling of just how short the game is. It'd help out all us folk who don't have Legend yet. With a short game though, I'd suggest comparing it to Chronicles... unless it's longer, of course!

Cheers

Shehi
14th Apr 2006, 07:53
I would say TR5 has the same length as TR7 - 13 levels in one and 7-8 in another. Plus TR7's PERU, KAZ. levels are longer I guess, which makes them equal.

Lone Raider
14th Apr 2006, 07:58
hi RebelFarmer *waves* :)

the last level on TRL is only a Boss Fight, so obviously that takes as long as it takes, given the various difficulty levels.
To give you a fair idea though, the first level (Bolivia) is about the same length as the first level (Caves) in TR1. Also the second level (Peru) takes about the same time as Rome in Chronicles, or perhaps Trajans Markets.

TR-AOD
14th Apr 2006, 08:08
ok to compare game times of other games i have completed recently,

Doom 3 - 26hrs
LOTR battle for middle earth - 25hrs
Quake 4 - 19hrs
CoD 2 - 17hrs
Pop Sands of time - 10hrs
TR Legend - 15hrs

for me the playing time of the game compares with others that i have played, and i havent done any of the time trials or colected all the rewards. As for comparing it with other TR's and i have played them all, i think the only ones i would say had any real length that i remember was TR4, and maybe TR3. I tend to agree with the theory that all the hints and shiny shiny simply makes the games easier, so completing it quicker

RebeL_fARmeR
14th Apr 2006, 08:10
Heyyyyy, there we go! It's all starting to make some kind of sense now! :)

Personally, I didn't find Chronicles to be THAT short, it was adequate if you ask me... Then again, I'm a very strange dude, ask ANYONE I work with, I officially have the title of "Office freak" :D

Keep 'em coming

dhama
14th Apr 2006, 08:44
Perhaps TR8 will be as long as TR Legend demo. :eek:

RebeL_fARmeR
14th Apr 2006, 08:54
Maybe TR8 will have you starting off in a jungle somewhere, you run forwards, jump a gap, put 3 bullets into the game's boss (a fire-breathing sabre toothed monkey) and then it's the ending credits???

baylisst
14th Apr 2006, 09:42
Maybe TR8 will have you starting off in a jungle somewhere, you run forwards, jump a gap, put 3 bullets into the game's boss (a fire-breathing sabre toothed monkey) and then it's the ending credits???
lol :D

little Hobbits
roflmao :D:D i can see why they think you're insane. it's good that you're back

end of tr7 = st. francis' folly in tr1, for me anyway, i found 1-4 v hard, especially 3+4

RebeL_fARmeR
14th Apr 2006, 10:09
I really need to restore my forum spirit to what it used to be... It's all fizzled away!:(

St. Francis Folley... Man, that IS short! Frighteningishly short!

Let's just face it though, I WILL be buying it anyway... :rolleyes:

15 hours though, man, that's a long time. Just depends how you play it I guess. Ireland in TRC, for example, I once took 3.5 hours to complete it because I was just wandering and chilling!

I still don't get how some people can complete Chronicles in under 2 hours though. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

tuk3410
14th Apr 2006, 11:25
ok to compare game times of other games i have completed recently,

Doom 3 - 26hrs
Quake 4 - 19hrs
CoD 2 - 17hrs
TR Legend - 15hrs

for me the playing time of the game compares with others that i have played, and i havent done any of the time trials or colected all the rewards. As for comparing it with other TR's and i have played them all, i think the only ones i would say had any real length that i remember was TR4, and maybe TR3. I tend to agree with the theory that all the hints and shiny shiny simply makes the games easier, so completing it quicker

When you say completed is that all the missions done or 100%?
I've done all the missions and am 89% after 7 hours 40 minutes. i just need to do time trial mode and collect all the rewards.

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2006, 12:43
Doom 3 - 26hrs
Quake 4 - 19hrs
CoD 2 - 17hrs
TR Legend - 15hrs

Sands of Time was SHORTER? Wow, then TRL must not be short at all. I thought Sands of Time was quite huge. I had gotten to about 37% when I just gave up on it because it became too difficult. Some fights on POP took over 10 minutes (EXTREMELY annoying, too!!!)

-Dizzy-
14th Apr 2006, 13:06
Sands of Time was SHORTER? Wow, then TRL must not be short at all. I thought Sands of Time was quite huge. I had gotten to about 37% when I just gave up on it because it became too difficult. Some fights on POP took over 10 minutes (EXTREMELY annoying, too!!!)
If you count doing all of the time trials and finding all of the hidden items (without using a guide) then TR: Legend is longer.

If you just count the main story though PoP is a much longer game. That's why everyone complains, the collectables are good but we all wanted a longer story & more levels.