PDA

View Full Version : stuck in peru

mickraider
14th Apr 2006, 07:05
hi all

stuck in peru (14%) pc version....screenshot..swinging rope, block floor.
Lara walks onto block floor, floor begins to shake, and piece by piece falls into chasm. A white arrow appears, after pressing forward button she begins to climb up a rock face, another white arrow appears which seems to indicate left jump.
I am £$%^&*+ bored sH!£$ss with having to do this over, and over again. A good puzzle to solve would have been infinately better than this mindnumbing repitition of the same thing. Game back on shelf where it will probably stay.
bored, bored , boring.....:mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :( :o

3dmdesblood
14th Apr 2006, 08:31
replyed in another post.

i always think that you don't get stuck you don't have pleasure, so try no to be worry~:D

mickraider
14th Apr 2006, 08:54
i don't get pleasure from being bored :confused:

Straw Dog
14th Apr 2006, 09:01
To be honest mate, if you can't get through a little interactive cutscene like that this early in the game you don't stand a hope in hell of completing it so maybe you should give up.

If however you decide to persevere, which you and I both know you will;) , just press the buttons it tells you to press as soon as it tells you to press them. It really is that straightforward, theres no black magic involved on CD's part to p*** you off. You need to be on your toes and alert, theres only about 3 button presses needed on that particular section.

And you'll be happy to know there are several more of these sections coming up with far more button presses needed.

In a word.. you're screwed :)

3dmdesblood
14th Apr 2006, 09:30
i don't get pleasure from being bored :confused:

it's a mind game between you and the game designer, just a game! which you sould not loose, so keep it up!;)

SausageBoy
14th Apr 2006, 12:06
Mick, did you ever take the game of the shelf and have another go? I am stuck in the same place, i press the appropiate keys when they appear (even get the ting sound) but Lara still doesnt make it. Was wondering whether this maybe a bug or not? Any offers anyone?
Thanks

Straw Dog
14th Apr 2006, 12:08
If you're getting the ting sound that does sound like a bug. Oh dear. I didn't play the pc version but thats a real bast**d of a bug if so. That sucks royally. Theres a patch out already for TRL isn't there? have you tried that?

SausageBoy
14th Apr 2006, 12:12
If you're getting the ting sound that does sound like a bug. Oh dear. I didn't play the pc version but thats a real bast**d of a bug if so. That sucks royally. Theres a patch out already for TRL isn't there? have you tried that?

Thanks for the quick reply Straw Dog,
If its a bug what do I need to do, start again?

Not sure about a patch, where would I find it as theres nothing on the Eidos website?

Cheers

SausageBoy
14th Apr 2006, 12:22
Just found the patch and it doesnt make any difference! Can someone please tell me what to do if its a bug?

RickyG512
14th Apr 2006, 13:22
firt press up, then press up and jump, i dont know the last one as i pressed all butons on my keyboard for the third one

janikay27
14th Apr 2006, 13:25
Ok, after being stuck on this same thing for almost 20 minutes i was ready to rip my hair out.....for my PC version the sequence was

Up
Up
Right Arrow Key - the game tells you left arrow but it's the right one.....

Hope this helps.

SausageBoy
14th Apr 2006, 13:35
At last!! thanks for your help and you're right it is the right key not the left

janikay27
14th Apr 2006, 13:36
my pleasure...good luck!!!

mikazuki
20th Apr 2006, 20:35
Ahhh, so THAT'S what I was doing wrong!

First arrow, press up.
Second arrow, press up. (I did that right.)
Third arrow, press right!

I just couldn't figure out WHAT I was doing wrong. Now I know and knew I was being TOO impatient.