14th Apr 2006, 04:42
Here's the specs for my machine:

Asus A8N32-SLI deluxe motherboard
AMD Athalon X2 4800+
Corsair XMS PC3200 Dual Channel 2 GB kit
2xWD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA I HD
BFG 7900 GTX 512 MB Graphics Card
Logisys 550W ATX12V PSU

And despite all of that, and the latest 84.43 nvidia drivers, trl.exe still crashes on me. I'm running it on the highest graphics settings, but I have some of the highest end hardware money can buy, so it should be able to handle it. It seems to happen in the England level the second time you come to the fire grate. (when you come to them shortly after the boss).

hotrippr
14th Apr 2006, 04:53
If you are overclocked you may not have enough volts to your cpu, I have found that this game and others can really stress the cpu. I catually use this game and Lego star wars for the final test to see if i am under voltaged.
read more here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57741

marx1848
14th Apr 2006, 21:25
I don't over clock at all, my bfg card comes factory overclocked, but other than that everything is factory default.

hotrippr
14th Apr 2006, 22:09
I don't over clock at all, my bfg card comes factory overclocked, but other than that everything is factory default.
ASUS factory overclocks their boards, I also have ASUS. I am not saying this is your problem but I am suggesting to find the rated voltage for your cpu and manually set it in the bios, as auto may not be enough/too much. Your card shouldnt matter I wouldnt say it is the card, if it was your card you would get artifacts or freezes. Also run some tests on your mem. Seems like if there is one part that does it more frquently in the game then it is really stressing your system at that point, and something is failing, could be cpu, mem, PSU. My guess is it is cpu. When you get another one of those messages, click on info, if it says something like "CPU amd...blah blah blah" seems like it is cpu related.

marx1848
14th Apr 2006, 23:02
thanks. I managed to just get past that part in the game by ignoring the boxes. (Apparently 3 boxes + fire + 2 guys == crash) Once I got out of there, it seems as though everything is running smoothly again. Currently, I'm running my CPU at 1.39 V, with an 803.67 FSB and 2411.02 MHz. My memory is at 2.60V and it claims that my PCIE is at 0.00V (maybe I need to reinstall it since I got the aiBooster Software, since I got the new graphics card...) I hate to admit it, but I'm really not enough of a hardware guy to know what voltages are good and which ones are bad, nor am I entirely sure where to look for answers.

hotrippr
14th Apr 2006, 23:23
thanks. I managed to just get past that part in the game by ignoring the boxes. (Apparently 3 boxes + fire + 2 guys == crash) Once I got out of there, it seems as though everything is running smoothly again. Currently, I'm running my CPU at 1.39 V, with an 803.67 FSB and 2411.02 MHz. My memory is at 2.60V and it claims that my PCIE is at 0.00V (maybe I need to reinstall it since I got the aiBooster Software, since I got the new graphics card...) I hate to admit it, but I'm really not enough of a hardware guy to know what voltages are good and which ones are bad, nor am I entirely sure where to look for answers.
You see I told you ASUS oc...lol, even though it is very little, your fsb should be 800 even. You can try a couple of things: 1.up your volts very little by little to cpu, or 2.lower your fsb to 800 where it should be. For safety sake dont up your volts passed 1.5v, I mean in the long run. But for temp to rule this out you can safely go passed 1.5v if trl doesnt crash after raising volts then you know that is what it is. You can safely go higher with decent cooling in the long run. OR 3. lower your FSB to 800 then test, if it still crashes then start upping volts a little at a time till you hit around 1.525v, at this voltage and fsb combo -if it still crashes then it is not your volts and You can set it back to original settings. Seems like option 3 is the best way for you. Keep in mind progress is made when by ruling things out, I am suggesting this to you after spending a month solving this problem out on my sys. If this is not the problem then good at least you have ruled it out. Also game companies have been rolling out patches for dual core systems like cigarettes, seems like alot of games are having issues with these procs, so that could also be the problem, but is also really related to what I have suggested. Good luck.

marx1848
15th Apr 2006, 00:07
thanks for the help, I'll look into that if I get any more problems, but for now, I'm glad to be past that part, and the game is running fine, so I'm going to play for a while.