PDA

View Full Version : What about a TR1 REmake?

alxtorrentazos
13th Apr 2006, 21:21
I´m not complaining about TRL if it is too short or what..........I´m only say that it would be amazing if CD or Eidos do a REmake of TR1 with todays engine and graphics............to REmake the game that made all of us got in love..... :D

Sorry about my english.......love you all tombraiders :)
Alx

TR Fan21
13th Apr 2006, 21:54
You know, I never was able to finish TR1. I kept getting stuck in that pyramid section where you had to move the boxes around. I got annoyed and then TR2 came out, aced that. Come to think of it, I never finished TR3 either :( TR3 was the best to me.

So, maybe, it'll be cool to have remakes, but all on the same disk, whereas we wouldn't have to purchase then separately. I wouldn't mind paying $50 or $60 for a complete set.

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2006, 01:26
The idea of doing a TR1 remake has been tossed around a lot on this forum, but I'm really not a fan of it. Yes, TR1 was great, but let's leave it alone. A remake will not recapture the magic we felt in 1996 when we first stepped into those caves or when we first saw the T-Rex. It would take considerable time to remake the whole game with a brand new graphics engine, and I think that time could be much better spent making an all-new adventure.

For the sake of nostalgia, it might be cool if the next TR game featured a return to a classic level from TR1 (for example, maybe Lara needs to return to the Lost Valley or St. Francis Folly at one point... or maybe it's a secret bonus level.) Something like that would be cool, but mostly I want a new story, new characters, new locations, etc, not a rehash of something we already played.

Xxx_Lara_xxX
14th Apr 2006, 02:59
true... :( like a Star Wars remake, might have better graphics but how could you ever recapture that pure simple charm?

MercuryRapids
14th Apr 2006, 10:45
I think a re-release of TR1 for the PC, tweaked so that it will play properly on our modern machines, would be nice.

Lone Raider
14th Apr 2006, 10:52
Yes, however good a remake would look, once you know the puzzles you'd never get the surprises back. I could imagine something like the gold levels released on console, or some custom made levels in a package, that would be awesome... I only play PS2...

Marklar2k6
14th Apr 2006, 10:56
I say do it. It worked for Gamecube's Resident Evil remake. That totally blew me away. I think it would be an amazing success because it would be hard to **** it up. I mean, the content is there for them, they just have to update the graphics and sound and leave everything else pretty much as it is.

The Tomb Raider X project thats going on at the moment (which aims at replacing all the old textures from the PC version with higher res textures) works really well. The screenshots of what's been done so far almost gives you a taste of what kinda feelings you'd experience if a fully fledged, official remake was to be produced and you were sat ogling in amazement.

I'd love to see a remake

Marklar

Note: Maybe someone can post a link to the TombRaiderX thing...im sure thats what it was called, but i cant find the link

Dude®
14th Apr 2006, 10:57
If they would release an editor it would be possible.
But no, they are not going to release it.
And every game nowdays release an editor or a constructor set.
From doom3 (some guys made a remake of doom1 with the doom3 editor) to age of empires, from black&white2 to "The elder scrolls 4: Oblivion".
Every company releases editors as downloads.

Straw Dog
14th Apr 2006, 11:59
For the sake of nostalgia, it might be cool if the next TR game featured a return to a classic level from TR1 (for example, maybe Lara needs to return to the Lost Valley or St. Francis Folly at one point... or maybe it's a secret bonus level.) Something like that would be cool, but mostly I want a new story, new characters, new locations, etc, not a rehash of something we already played.

Now that is the best idea I have ever read amongst all the 'lets remake this' and 'lets go back to the old that' threads. Fantastic idea. A return to the Lost Valley, how cool would that be? Only this time its populated by pterodactyls and other sorts of dinosaurs and giant insects. They could even put in the 'now picked clean by vultures' skeleton of the T-rex that you killed in TR1 below the broken rope bridge as a nod in that direction.

God, that would be cool. Never gonna happen, but it would be cool!

yesrushdt
14th Apr 2006, 12:01
Eidos is apparently remaking it for PSP this fall. It would be fantastic if it was released on all the other platforms as well (especially Xbox 360, PC and PS3).