PDA

View Full Version : Figured Tomb Raider Legend backstory.

Resident Evil X
13th Apr 2006, 19:29
I think..The reason why Legend is so short..is because..maybe crystal dynamics..were having thoughts..like wow people are stating to hate the TR series ( since those mistakes core did with the most recent ones like AOD). and they didnt want to BLOW alot of cash on legend..cuz if it bombed..thier cash would go down the toilet..so maybe this is like..hmm..an experiment on How Crystal Dynamics..CAN make a TR game..to show us fans that.."hey we can make it..do you want us to keep making more TR games?". Its the only reasonable reason i think its why its so short..but to Me..its quite long..i take my time..and by the time i get all medals and finish a lvl..its like 2 hours 30 mins per stage..so its quite mederate. and even then..can we just SHUT up about the whole short thing??? i love Legend for What it is..Period. and they will release a new one soon, so quit *****ing..get you 100% and wait for the next Tomb raider..its coming. :D

gthsii
13th Apr 2006, 19:35
It occurred to me that perhaps it is as short as it is because they spent so much damn time writing and testing it for so many platforms...PC, X360, PS2, XBOX, PSP (and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts there's a PS3 version waiting in the wings fully developed and tested).

Just a thought...

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 21:22
I heard (not sure if it's true) that it was simply because they wanted the average gamer to be able to finish this game. Wouldn't be surprising, quite a few developers are taking that route these days,

Resy
13th Apr 2006, 22:08
Consider it this way... the game isn't that short... its just easier to make your way through it.

Instead of clunky controls taking up your time trying to line up jumps, get through areas... constantly working Lara over grids. With all that gone its not so complicated. Take the first level... imagine the same level with TR1 controls and how you would need to line up jumps, how ard it is to step sideways, having to turn around or roll to face the other way. Lara's ease of movement was a big reason the game seems short. At least thats my opinion.

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 23:31
Consider it this way... the game isn't that short... its just easier to make your way through it.

Instead of clunky controls taking up your time trying to line up jumps, get through areas... constantly working Lara over grids. With all that gone its not so complicated. Take the first level... imagine the same level with TR1 controls and how you would need to line up jumps, how ard it is to step sideways, having to turn around or roll to face the other way. Lara's ease of movement was a big reason the game seems short. At least thats my opinion.
It's true. The game was quicker due to the improved controls, and the fact that you never really had to figure out where to go.

The developers should have made up for that though. PoP was short but not that short. Plenty of other adventure games have managed to be longer.