PDA

View Full Version : favorite overall TR moments: I'll start

thoran6
13th Apr 2006, 18:17
who could forget trying to get to the thor, atlas an posiedon rooms while climbing up that pillar thing and getting shot at all at the same time...your turn..

gthsii
13th Apr 2006, 18:19
Well, it all began when I fired up the demo of TR1. Way back in '95 wasn't it? I couldn't believe my eyes, walking into that first tomb all non-chalant, then the wolves come out of nowhere. I'll never forget that moment.

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 18:37
The T-Rex.

I had absolutely no idea that it was coming, I never would have guessed in a million years. I had no extra weapons either so I had to kill it with my pistols.

thoran6
13th Apr 2006, 18:42
nice one, the good ol T rex

Mangar The Dark
13th Apr 2006, 18:46
The T-rex, of course.

The first few steps into the caves in TR1 when I found myself thinking "This is such a cool idea for a game!!!"

And TR4, in Angkor Wat, when I found myself thinking, "Wow-- they really improved things! And instead of the mansion (again!) we get an all new training ground that actually has a PLOT! Awesome!"

Beechwell
13th Apr 2006, 19:36
In TR2 in Venice. When you had to steer that boat towards the mines and jump off before. I though that was pretty cool.

thoran6
13th Apr 2006, 19:46
nice one, i sure do miss the old movie cutscenes, like dumping the motorcycle in the ocean and such

TR Fan21
13th Apr 2006, 19:53
Definitely the T-Rex for me as well...I remember in TR2, when the Yeti's came outta nowhere...now that's classic :D

tomb_raider_obssesed
13th Apr 2006, 20:53
The Ice Levels (TR2) especialy the ones with the monks and that temple :rolleyes:

The floating islands from TR2 and then the dragon fight

The ocean part of TR2 with that wreck and the shark following u :)

And TR4 ... I would say all the game :P

Silver_Rain
13th Apr 2006, 21:34
That tall structure with the gods doors from TR1's St.Francis' Folly will always be a special moment to me, as well as driving that speed boat in Venice.

I'd also say the entire Opera House in TR2 and cruising the quad bike along the Ganges River in TR3. Oh, and also discovering The Lost City Of Tinnos and Aldwych in TR3:thumbsup:

Marklar2k6
13th Apr 2006, 21:40
The T-Rex..

The Zip line in the Great Wall of China on TR2..

Finding the Ship-Wreck, also in TR2..

Being chased around the South Pacific by Cannibals in TR3, very atmospheric..

The London levels from TR3 were also very atmospheric..

But, without a shadow of a doubt, my crowning moment that i will never forget, was from The Sanctuary of the Scion level in TR1. Climbing out of the back of the Sphynx, not realising its a Sphyinx until you get around the front and the camera pans out with the awesome music. Unforgettable.

Not to mention when you finally open the door in its chest, and fall down into that gaping chasm of a room, with a pool that goes down forever, with those two gigantic statues sitting there, completely submerged. Amazing.

Marklar

thoran6
13th Apr 2006, 21:51
yes great description about the sphinx, for sure a highlight..ahhh i miss the good old days..

Crystal Dynamics, if you are reading any of these favorite moments, please make the next one as vast and exspansive as these. It would be great to have another moment like the sphinx one mentioned above..

keep 'em coming people....

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2006, 01:33
Another classic moment-- thinking Lara died at the end of TR4. I thought that was SUCH A COOL ending to the series!! I loved it: The selfish thief/murderer is finally redeemed by sacrificing herself for the good of the world (kind of made me think of Darth Vader's death at the end of Jedi.) I really didn't expect it, but when it happened, I thought, "Yes! The perfect way to end the franchise!"

And then, a few months later, I heard about "Chronicles." Oh well.

Xxx_Lara_xxX
14th Apr 2006, 03:08
When she tried to save her guide in tr1 when he was attacked by wolves, the Tibetan monasteries in tr2 were simply gorgeous, diving off the cliff when natla stole the scion and said ..."well? kill her!" then resurfacing out of the river at the bottom of the canyon :D Crazy Lara! ;)

baylisst
14th Apr 2006, 06:57
forgot all about the sphinx and the giant pool with the statues....ah, good times

but the one for me has to be in either TR1 or unfinished business, can't remember which, when you enter a room, there are lava boulders on the ceiling and two panther-mummies on either side of the room which don't wake up....yet. chilling :D

plus the giant column you have to climb up at the end with the big guy on top, the one which makes lara scream twice when you jump off the top

thoran6
14th Apr 2006, 17:32
got 2 more

seeing the big shark swimming at you while frantically trying to find the switch

jumping and such with your double on the other side mimicing your every move

TheLegend
14th Apr 2006, 17:45
The first level of TR2... aah the nostalgia! Seeing the helicopter fly off above the Great Wall of China and realising that you were completely alone. Brilliant. :D

Mark H
16th Apr 2006, 13:23
TR 2......I think the second the last level.....the Red Room lava level...(im trying to remember...its been EONS)......i think this is the level where u get the dagger.......but that ENTIRE level is, in my opinion the absolute TR at its finest.............it was AWSOME........espcially the one part where u have to climb up a ladder in this narrow corridor...and there are blades popping in and out.....and u have to make a jump from one ladder to the other......the key stroke to use was a one time key stroke...I didnt use that keystroke combination AT all thru the entire game until i came to that spot........and the angle of the camera.....man oh man.......just AWSOME!!!..just awsome....this cramped corridor....two ladders in it....just enough movment to turn around in one spot...it was SWEEEEEEEET

also in TR 2 killing the final boss ..having to time it to stick the dagger in........then running out while tomb collapses.........then in the very end lara goes (YOu seen enough...pulls out the shotgun!!"

MAN...TR 2 RULZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...the BEST EVER!!!!

the most challenging and entertaining!!! BY FAR!!

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 14:47
Back in the day, when my cousin and I were first introduced to Tomb Raider(1), we spent almost an entire week playing that game. I mean seriously, we like only slept about two hours a day. I remember closing my eyes, and I could still see the game in my mind as if I were still playing! Man, were we addicted! :p

I had alot of memorable moments in Legend, too. When I watched the mishaps video after beating the game, it brought them all back! I thought there were alot of cool death scenes, especially during the interactive cutscenes.

Twylaa
16th Apr 2006, 15:40
Ooh, yes the swimming in TR2 I believe... Sharks just about scared me out of my wits! :eek: Also the ship was pretty cool. :thumbsup:

susan
16th Apr 2006, 15:42
Climbing up the side of a large pyramid in TR4. When the camera pulls back at the start and shows you where you're to climb it's such a thrill. Real TR moment. :thumbsup:

When the centaur statue unexpectedly bursts into life in TR1. I still get chills from all that neighing and hoof noises, oooo-ehr.

The surreal beauty of the Cistern level,TR1. A place like this can only exist in TR. :)

Aldwych (and the first time a tube train knocks you down :eek: ), plus getting onto the roof of St. Paul's cathedral. I worked in this area of London for many years, it is a favourite place of mine in real life, and so to roam in this way is magic for me.

The dark atmosphere of the Dead City levels and the sighing noises on the background music track, spooky, lovely.

I could go on and on. :D

thoran6
17th Apr 2006, 17:50
TR 2......I think the second the last level.....the Red Room lava level...(im trying to remember...its been EONS)......i think this is the level where u get the dagger.......but that ENTIRE level is, in my opinion the absolute TR at its finest.............it was AWSOME........espcially the one part where u have to climb up a ladder in this narrow corridor...and there are blades popping in and out.....and u have to make a jump from one ladder to the other......the key stroke to use was a one time key stroke...I didnt use that keystroke combination AT all thru the entire game until i came to that spot........and the angle of the camera.....man oh man.......just AWSOME!!!..just awsome....this cramped corridor....two ladders in it....just enough movment to turn around in one spot...it was SWEEEEEEEET

also in TR 2 killing the final boss ..having to time it to stick the dagger in........then running out while tomb collapses.........then in the very end lara goes (YOu seen enough...pulls out the shotgun!!"

MAN...TR 2 RULZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...the BEST EVER!!!!

the most challenging and entertaining!!! BY FAR!!
AMEN to all of the above

BladeRunner
18th Apr 2006, 22:00
There are many but one that I remember vividly was the ship wreck level in TR2. A huge level where you worked your way down to the ground from various decks of the upright section of the ship wreck, to run around the upturned section to see a small cave with a propeller in front. Thinking I'll go in that small cave and there will be a secret.. only to go through and see another huge cavern with lake stretching into the distance. :eek:

All of that kind atmosphere was missing from Legend, although the waterfall "post card" comment sequence was breathtaking. funny though if you look there is nowhere for all the waterfall water to go..... ;)

Toonamy
18th Apr 2006, 22:19
Good old t-rex i'll never forget that moment.

thoran6
21st Apr 2006, 18:18
fighting the big dragon in the room with holes in the floor and when she caught on fire you had to jump in the water to put it out..that was a good one...

StarChampagne
21st Apr 2006, 19:28
The dragon.

And the moment when I hopped on the snowmobile and the music started up, I was all, 'Wow'.

Too many moments in Last Revelation to count! Like when she drives the jeep onto the raft thing at the end of KV5.

And yes, the waterfall in Legend!

Maybe the water sunk into the rock or something... no it probably wouldn't work. Maybe there was a hidden passage. Maybe the designers were going for impact over realism :)

GeorgeMaciver
21st Apr 2006, 19:56
*sigh* whatever happened to Tomb Raider? :(