PDA

View Full Version : Crash when viewing object model

Karthik
13th Apr 2006, 13:29
When I try to view certain object models the game crashes to a desktop. For example, when I try to view "Merc C" in the England section it crashes to the desktop. Does anyone else have this problem?

crimsonsmoke
13th Apr 2006, 16:09
Yep. It's not that much on an issue, but I'm sure it will be rectified when the new patch is released.

Karthik
14th Apr 2006, 05:39
It be a crime if they don't

Trinity34
14th Apr 2006, 12:39
Have you installed Patch version 1.1? Its for European pc games only.

Karthik
14th Apr 2006, 15:54
Have you installed Patch version 1.1? Its for European pc games only.
Nope doesn't help at all.:(

Giolon
14th Apr 2006, 16:22
I have the problem also, Karthik when I try to view Japan's Party Female A.

I get the following error:
"Wrong mkloadob version data 29b, code erebuild needed"

slimjime17
14th Apr 2006, 23:03
Got the same problem, but I was able to view the Japan's Party Female A earlier today.

Strange.

Slim

Karthik
16th Apr 2006, 03:30
Hm....I can view the female party A before and after patching. Strange......:confused:

Rapierman
17th Apr 2006, 05:03

Really? Hmmm....I have a similar problem, it seems. Same type of error message as well.

ut2004
17th Apr 2006, 05:46
Same problem here when trying to view Female Party A Model.

US Version 1.1

lieut89
18th Apr 2006, 21:55
Mine is crashing when changing outfits, viewing object models and when moving on to another level. I have received fatal errors (wrong mkloadob version data 4511465a, code e rebuild needed), (wrong mkloadob version data 146ab0ac, code e rebuild needed), (wrong mkloadob version data 29b, code e rebuild needed) and disk error. I currently can not even start the Nepal level as it crashes immediately.

Anybody know what might be going on? Tech support apparently has no clue.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mr. Furious
19th Apr 2006, 00:05
I have that problem with Party Female A also...and I've already contacted Eidos Tech Support about this and a no music playing when the game is installed problem. Their recommendations, basicly, were to update my drivers and uninstall/reinstall the game. As usual, this is their standard response to anything. Now I know it's not the game disk because I exchanged it for a new one.

intrepid_soul
19th Apr 2006, 16:42
The fact that some people are getting in to view this model and some people aren't leads me to believe that this may be a driver issue. The people who can see this model could you post your video card and driver date, so we can try to narrow this down.

Mr. Furious
19th Apr 2006, 16:48
How can this be a driver issue when these are the latest drivers from nVidia?

ut2004
19th Apr 2006, 17:26
The fact that some people are getting in to view this model and some people aren't leads me to believe that this may be a driver issue. The people who can see this model could you post your video card and driver date, so we can try to narrow this down.

Catalyst 6.4 and all updates for Win XP, on a ThinkCentre with no Overclocking or value 3rd party hardware = It's the game!

Please support ATI/XBOX 360 users in the future aswell as Nvidia!
Thanks!

Mr. Furious
19th Apr 2006, 18:57
nVidia 84.21 drivers on Windows XP Pro SP2, no over-clocking, and every single driver updated. Plus, I have 2 Gigs of DDR RAM.

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 20:33
Catalyst 6.3 @radeon 9700pro -> crashes with several models

(btw: there are alot more graphic problems...objects with water shader in background, sunglasses of lara's fat friend in japan, kaz ground textures...)

intrepid_soul
19th Apr 2006, 20:37
Are these specs for machines that it is working on, which was the key phrase. The reason I can say it is probably a driver issue is some people can see this model. This leads me to believe that different versions of the driver are allowing people to see more. The fact that you cannot see it on the latest driver is not surprising. As I have worked in support for years, I know that the newest drivers are usually specifically fixed for particular issues. Sometimes in that process previous fixes become undone, or worsen.

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 20:50
Hm....I can view the female party A before and after patching. Strange......:confused:

you should have a fast look on all models...and then post you driver version so we can cheer you :p

Giolon
19th Apr 2006, 21:02
For the record:

I CANNOT view Female Party A model in the Japan section. I have:

BFG BeForce 6800 GT 256MB PCI-E version
Tried 84.43 (beta TRL drivers) and 84.21 (WHQL) drivers, both in Quality mode.

Sumpfmolch
19th Apr 2006, 21:04
well with which driver actually DID it work while beta testing the game ? :cool:

intrepid_soul
19th Apr 2006, 22:59
well with which driver actually DID it work while beta testing the game ? :cool:

You would not believe how hard it is to get this information. Even though the QA team is literally 500 feet from my desk, trying to get this information is like pulling teeth. One of the issues is since this had a ship date of about 2 weeks ago, they stopped looking at it about 2 months ago, so their current configuration is not the same as it was when they were looking at it. This is why I am asking if anyone has information on the drivers used to see it, it may help track down this issue.

Sumpfmolch
20th Apr 2006, 11:49
You would not believe how hard it is to get this information. Even though the QA team is literally 500 feet from my desk, trying to get this information is like pulling teeth. One of the issues is since this had a ship date of about 2 weeks ago, they stopped looking at it about 2 months ago, so their current configuration is not the same as it was when they were looking at it. This is why I am asking if anyone has information on the drivers used to see it, it may help track down this issue.

:p

well..ok i did a fast try with some drivers i still had on my harddisk...

test: try to look at amanda model at extras -> models -> kaz

system:
a64+ 3000 (nforce 3)
radeon 9700pro
win xp sp2 + all bugfixes

catalyst 6.4: crash
catalyst 5.13 (19. Dezember 2005): crash
catalyst 5.4 (7. April 2005): crash

:(

so...

1. maybe a windows xp update (does the game need .net ? ..net2.0 released some toime ago i think...)
2. some problem with the "last minute" changes before release ? (something changed together with disabling next gen for shader 2.0 cards...these changes must be very late because game magazines could activate next gen on shader 2.0)

Mr. Furious
20th Apr 2006, 12:29
Which mags could get Next Gen on Shader 2.0?

Also, against my better judgement, I installed nVidia's 84.43 Beta drivers that you're talking about on this forum and the game still crashes when Party Female A is viewed.

Sumpfmolch
20th Apr 2006, 15:29
Which mags could get Next Gen on Shader 2.0?

offtopic:
the 2 biggest german pc magazines...their "gold" versions of tomb raider legend had no problems with next gen running on shader 2 graphics cards.

you can imagine how surprised the pc magazine's hardware guys where when words spread in their forums that next gen is shader 3.0 only on buyer's pcs ;)

(translated by me..so excuse the bad english :D )

"If this is true (next gen only with shader 3.0 graphics cards) then Eidos didn't send us the final version. But our review version was called "gold version" by Eidos. I just called them...they will send us a "final version" again (whatever that means...)"

later:
"Ok, it's official now.
Eidos insert a query into their release version that prevent "next gen" running on shader 2.0 cards now.
We don't know why they did this."

ontopic:

btw...i have NO problem with any model from japan...(cat 6.4 / 5.13 / 5.4)
...amanda @kaz and the snow leopard crashes the game here. mhhh...well...let's try to reinstall it :o

lieut89
20th Apr 2006, 16:26
Ok, here is the deal. I crash when trying to change outfits at Croft Manor only on certain outfits. Winter outfit = (wrong mkloadob version data 4511465a, code e rebuild needed). Winter/no coat = (wrong mkloadob version data 146ab0ac, code e rebuild needed). Winter Pink/no coat = (wrong mkloadob version data 534d5400, code e rebuild needed). Suit,Special forces, Special forces urban, Sport, and Sport green = (disk error). All others that I have unlocked as yet will work.

When in object viewer I only receive (wrong mkloadob version data 29b code e rebuild needed) when attempting to view Suit A in Japan.

I am unable to open Nepal because it appears that the Suit is required to play the level, Therefore I receive the "disc error" message.

I originally had 84.20 drivers and I just tried the 84.21 drivers with absolutely no change.

I highly doubt that this is a driver issue because the problems all seem to be involving the outfits and nothing else.

Anybody else have any input?

System:
Amd 3700 clawhammer
Abit KV8Pro Mobo
EVGA 6800 GS CO AGP
2GB Geil RAM
Windows XP sp2 with all updates.

panther
20th Apr 2006, 21:00
Just thought I would add details about my card/drivers for the model crash problem. First off, I recently re-installed everything (including the operating system) to make sure there were no conflicts or un-needed software. Due to this, I am unable to roll-back my graphics driver. However, I did go to the NVIDIA archives and took the time to install and test previous driver versions all the way back to version 81.94 released on November 14, 2005.

I get the "Wrong mkloadob version data 29b, code e
rebuild needed" for the model in Japan called "Party Female A"

I have not tried any model beyond Japan because I refuse to play further knowing there is a problem. I have a NVIDIA Geforce 6800 128MB (AGP 8x) with the most current driver: version 84.21.

I have tried adjusting all the settings I can think of in game and out as far as video options go. I will be testing the game on another PC for this problem that has an ATI card. This will be done on another PC so that there will be no chance of conflicts with my systems NVIDIA stuff.

PS: Everything else runs smooth in the game...great game...loving it.

intrepid_soul
20th Apr 2006, 21:08
btw...i have NO problem with any model from japan...(cat 6.4 / 5.13 / 5.4)
...amanda @kaz and the snow leopard crashes the game here. mhhh...well...let's try to reinstall it :o

Okay I have 9800 with the latest cat drivers, and I crash out on the Japan Model A, but I can see Amanda and the Snow leopard.

So I am thinking this is not a driver issue. Could you do me a favor and send me a PM with your DX diag info? Also since you seem saavy enough would you mind xporting your registry information specifially for these keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics

Just export the whole thing and send it too me in a PM as well. I will compare with my registry and see if we can track down the setting that is causeing us problems.

Leak
20th Apr 2006, 21:42
Okay I have 9800 with the latest cat drivers, and I crash out on the Japan Model A, but I can see Amanda and the Snow leopard.
For what it's worth - "Party Female A" crashes the game for me too using Catalyst 6.4 with a Radeon X1900 XT.

np: Coldcut - Sound Mirrors (ft. The Cinematic Orchestra) (Sound Mirrors)

Mr. Furious
21st Apr 2006, 03:23
offtopic:
"Ok, it's official now.
Eidos insert a query into their release version that prevent "next gen" running on shader 2.0 cards now.
We don't know why they did this."

If this is true, then what is needed to reinstate Next Gen for Shader 2.0? A script, knowledge of C++ and Visual Basic?

lieut89
21st Apr 2006, 13:20
Alright this can not be a driver problem! This is obviously occurring on both Nvidia and ATI cards which do not use the same drivers. Come on Eidos, find a fix!

Leak
21st Apr 2006, 16:08
If this is true, then what is needed to reinstate Next Gen for Shader 2.0? A script, knowledge of C++ and Visual Basic?
A patch from Crystal Dynamics, most likely.

np: Yello - Alhambra (Flag)

intrepid_soul
24th Apr 2006, 18:01
So after some extensive testing accross many video cards, I have found that it is not drivers as I originally suspected. Usually this would be a driver issue, but I have found some more information.

There are two versions of Tomb Raider Legends out there, the UK release and the North American release. The UK release was sent to manufacturering before a final fix could be added to the CD, so the fix was updated as a patch on our UK site. The North American version had time to put this fix on the disk. It appears that the fix, actually breaks the game for this model. In the UK release without the patch you can view this model, but there are issues with other models. The patch seems to fix the other models, but breaks this one.

So, yes, we will have to wait to see if CD wants to patch this issue. So far we have not heard anything in ways of a patch for this game, so I would not expect one soon. I am in a unique position though to be able to be your voice though, I have put this on my weekly report, and will continue to do so. This reports makes its rounds around the higher ups and hopefully it might light a fire under someone to get a patch working. In the mean time, we recommend not trying to view that model.:confused:

Karthik
27th Apr 2006, 04:18
Thanks, IS. So this problem is only on the PC right? Wouldn't want to see console owners demanding for a patch.:D

intrepid_soul
27th Apr 2006, 20:49
Thanks, IS. So this problem is only on the PC right? Wouldn't want to see console owners demanding for a patch.:D

Yes PC only.

mystdragon
1st May 2006, 01:04

I have the same problem

Jurjen
2nd May 2006, 14:22
The Party Female A crashes for everyone with version 1.1, regardless of drivers, hopefully Eidos will patch it. I think all other models work just fine with 1.1 patch though.

pulling my hair out
4th May 2006, 06:35
:mad2: why does this game crash ? i can be playing it and the min. i stop it goes to desktop why ?

intrepid_soul
31st May 2006, 09:38
So, yes, we will have to wait to see if CD wants to patch this issue. So far we have not heard anything in ways of a patch for this game, so I would not expect one soon. I am in a unique position though to be able to be your voice though, I have put this on my weekly report, and will continue to do so. This reports makes its rounds around the higher ups and hopefully it might light a fire under someone to get a patch working. In the mean time, we recommend not trying to view that model.:confused:

Oh, those were the days. I even had one producer tell me that there never ever ever going to be a patch to fix this. Well if you make your way to the Eidos support site there should be a patch now to 1.2, this fixes many other crashes as well as the object viewer crash. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: