PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the outfits?

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 11:39
By this I mean the idea of having collectable outfits.

For me it was the best thing to unlock. I never really cared about some of the other stuff. It just gave the game a little extra something for when I replayed the levels.

I hope outfits are in the next game, I don't think we need more though as 32 was more than enough.

The classic outfit was cool, and I would have liked to see more classic outfits return from previous games. Not sure that we needed 3 slight variations of the winter outfit though.

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 13:44
What's this? You get to unlock additional outfits and re-play the game with Laz dressed as you want her?

Cool, Barbie just got superseeded!

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 14:04
What's this? You get to unlock additional outfits and re-play the game with Laz dressed as you want her?

Cool, Barbie just got superseeded!
Extra outfits are cool in any game.

I have a friend that was happy just be able to choose 3 different coloured tunics for Link in Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Acceber
13th Apr 2006, 14:15
I love the outfits. I haven't finished unlocking them all. But, you know, I just unlocked the original outfit and it is really, really strange to play Legend Lara in it. Perhaps it emphasises that she has changed, or perhaps it just emphasises how comfortable I feel with the progress CD made with her to the extent that I feel their outfit is more 'Lara'....

In any event, I love being able to play in that outfit, but I also like the other outfits a lot. :thumbsup: My desire to get all the outfits means after I finish each level I play again to get all the secrets (I never get them all first time round! :D), and then I time trial. And then of course I replay in my selected outfit having admired it in the mansion first. :cool:

It could only be better with a toggle hairstyle option. ;)

Treeble
13th Apr 2006, 15:19
I have a friend that was happy just be able to choose 3 different coloured tunics for Link in Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Yes, but each one of them had a special effect, they weren't mere visual changes. The Green tunic was regular, nothing special. The Red tunic would allow Link to be in extreme heat without dying and the Blue tunic would allow him to breathe underwater. In Legend they outfit changes are just for fun, I think, and I love the idea. :thumbsup:

baylisst
13th Apr 2006, 15:54
I love the outfits. I haven't finished unlocking them all. But, you know, I just unlocked the original outfit and it is really, really strange to play Legend Lara in it. Perhaps it emphasises that she has changed, or perhaps it just emphasises how comfortable I feel with the progress CD made with her to the extent that I feel their outfit is more 'Lara'....

In any event, I love being able to play in that outfit, but I also like the other outfits a lot. :thumbsup: My desire to get all the outfits means after I finish each level I play again to get all the secrets (I never get them all first time round! :D), and then I time trial. And then of course I replay in my selected outfit having admired it in the mansion first. :cool:

It could only be better with a toggle hairstyle option. ;)
yeah, i loved playing in that too. :thumbsup: i loved looking at all the concept art aswell, what would have also been good were some videos of early tests of the engine and levels, like they did with Chronicles of Ridd*ick

David
13th Apr 2006, 19:34
its nice but absolutely useless. they should have been during the game and not after. who will need them after completion?

Acceber
13th Apr 2006, 19:35
David, you unlock them as you go along. :) So you can use them for replaying and time trials etc.

Unless you mean that you only unlock EVERY SINGLE outfit by the end, which of course makes sense to me... you only get the rewards after you do the work. ;)

SupremeJJT
13th Apr 2006, 19:37
ha, i use them even though i have completed the game. it gives you something to work for. although i dont like laras classic outfit now u can tell its rubber... it looks horrible:(

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 19:44
Yeah, what IS that original top supposed to be? With the visible hips and all, me thinks it's a swimsuit... Makes sense.
Swimsuit, shorts and boots... Sounds just like Elton's wardrobe!

Acceber
14th Apr 2006, 08:29
I'm pretty sure she had 'visible hips' in the TR Last Rev outfit, too. I think the outfit is lovely. It's a high neck as in the first Tomb Raider (although it lacks the little 'V' dip) and the hips are showing as in Tomb Raider Last Rev: see the bottom right picture on this (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr4/screenshots.html) page at TRChronicles.

I don't think the texture looks like rubber. In fact I was thinking last night what a lovely shade of green it is and how beautiful it looks outdoors. :thumbsup:

Outfit spoiler: Although the catsuit I just unlocked certainly looks like skintight shiny rubber/PVC :D

3dmdesblood
14th Apr 2006, 08:47
i agree with the idear of recalling the old classic dresses such as 2、5, and i still believe the water suit in 2 is the coolest one indeed.
http://www.pause.com/tech/tombraider2/larawetsuit.jpg

can't find a good pic on hand.:(

Acceber
14th Apr 2006, 09:09
That one looks good. :D I also really liked the new wetsuit Core did for AoD.