PDA

View Full Version : Does the new Lara rock?

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 10:36
She is, in a word, adorable. She's once again the good old happy, polite, posh lady... Rather than the angry psycho. After watching the Bolivia opening video I just thought "Aaaaah, now THAT'S the Lara we all know and love..."

I drew a conclusion last night: If, at the end of TR7, they killed off Lara, I WOULD cry! No joke. :(

dhama
13th Apr 2006, 10:41
I sight for sore eyes indeed, much better than the AOD LARA; she was far to stoned-faced for my liking. :cool:

Just a thought though, Lara can't die, she was never alive in the first place, and even if Eidos decided to pull the plug on her, there would still be custom levels. ;)

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 10:53
I don't believe Lara will ever die... She's not the type!

I like the way she looks around and stuff in Legend, rather than the fixed AOD face, she's much more alive. If you stand her against a wall and move the camera in front of her, you get a close up of her curious, "living" face. Cute!

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 11:29
I don't believe Lara will ever die... She's not the type!

I like the way she looks around and stuff in Legend, rather than the fixed AOD face, she's much more alive. If you stand her against a wall and move the camera in front of her, you get a close up of her curious, "living" face. Cute!
I noticed that earlier, he face was lifeless in AoD. Something I never really noticed until after I had played Legend.

It's weird though how she never moves her mouth when talking to Zip. The only reason it seems odd is due to the amount of detail in the game, you can even see her tightly close her mouth and hold her breath when she is underwater.

I'm actually quite surprised....I think I'm starting to like Lara. I don't mean that in a perverted way, I mean like her as a character similar to how many people think Solid Snake is a good character. I sensed it during previous games, especially AoD where she had a story and Legend just confirmed it. She's pretty cool :cool:

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 11:37
I noticed that earlier, he face was lifeless in AoD. Something I never really noticed until after I had played Legend.

It's weird though how she never moves her mouth when talking to Zip. The only reason it seems odd is due to the amount of detail in the game, you can even see her tightly close her mouth and hold her breath when she is underwater.

I'm actually quite surprised....I think I'm starting to like Lara. I don't mean that in a perverted way, I mean like her as a character similar to how many people think Solid Snake is a good character. I sensed it during previous games, especially AoD where she had a story and Legend just confirmed it. She's pretty cool :cool:

Oh yeah, Lara's entirely lovable... Well, AoD Lara was vile, in fact, not Lara AT ALL, someone new. But TR1 and TR7 Lara, indeed, very likeable.
I've admired the girl for 9 years, she ROCKS! Best character EVER.

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 11:45
Oh yeah, Lara's entirely lovable... Well, AoD Lara was vile, in fact, not Lara AT ALL, someone new. But TR1 and TR7 Lara, indeed, very likeable.
I've admired the girl for 9 years, she ROCKS! Best character EVER.
I haven't played many of the games yet, I'm only going to start the other TR games once I have finished TR1 & TR: AoD. Lara doesn't really talk much in TR1 though so it was hard to notice her character.

For me AoD was the first time I saw her properly involved in the story, speaking to people etc. She seemed normal at the time, but after Legend I really have noticed a difference. She seems to shout every sentance she speaks, though perhaps that was just how the voice actor did things. She sounds more American in AoD...in fact she just seems like some sort of american movie star rather than the posh Brit that she is meant to be :confused: I'd like to see Eidos get one voice actor for Lara, she seems to have had a few different ones already.

Acceber
13th Apr 2006, 11:49
She rocks 101%.:thumbsup:
I love her.... the redefinition of her character, or rather greater emphasis on existing character, is lovely, and for me personified in her early game quote "I'm falling in love all over again".

She still has the original Croft attitude, which was distinctly warped in AoD, but is a little more human in Legend, I think. Ahh, I just love this game. :o

gthsii
13th Apr 2006, 12:15
prolly should have had a few more options on the poll but whatever...i think the cut scene lara has quite an expressive face...especially the eyes. in peru, when that strange creature makes its appearance and starts to come at her, her eyes show genuine fear and sadness over her friends...err..fate. i was totally captivated by her.

Nefarian
13th Apr 2006, 12:42
For me (very personal opinion), Lara in Legend is much more "feminine" (i means the way she talk) compare to previous. She's very "tough" like a guy in previous series.

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 13:42
For me (very personal opinion), Lara in Legend is much more "feminine" (i means the way she talk) compare to previous. She's very "tough" like a guy in previous series.

Absolutely. Very gentle, very lady-like... Rather than AoD, angry, obnoxious, arrogant. To suit the personality, AOD Lara should've been big and hairy and worn dungarees!:eek: