PDA

View Full Version : For those saying TRL is too short...

dhama
13th Apr 2006, 10:28
Consider this...

If CD had released a map editor with Legend, you'd be enjoying new levels in a short space of time... well certainly quicker that waiting for TR8. ;)

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 11:33
But they didn't release a map editor, so what is your point exactly?

Consider this - if CD added 6 more levels the game would have lasted almost twice as long.

Mangar The Dark
13th Apr 2006, 12:49
Sheesh, Dhama, you're not giving up on that map editor idea, are you? ;)

Realistically, I doubt it's going to happen for a while. Most likely, CD will try to churn out another game or two using this same engine (perhaps slightly modified), so they probably don't want to give away their tools just yet, as that would cut into sales for future installments (think about it-- why would people shell out $50 for a game that consists of the same types of levels they can download for free?) "Chronicles" included a level editor because Core knew they were retiring that engine.

And, even when CD does decide to retire this engine, there's no guarantee they'll release a map editor. I'm not sure how much the editor included with Chronicles helped its sales. If it didn't help much, then it's unlikely CD would want to invest time making a user-friendly editor (though the editor included with Chronicles could hardly be called user friendly, now that I think about it.)

dhama
13th Apr 2006, 13:24
But they didn't release a map editor, so what is your point exactly?

My point? Thought that was obvious. I just like the support I get when it comes to a TR level editor, everyone seems to just leave it to me. perhaps I really am the only one that wants it. :rolleyes:

RebeL_fARmeR
13th Apr 2006, 13:32
Dhama REALLY wants that editor, man!

You say you like complicated computerised creating? You should MAKE a map editor! That should keep you busy for a while!;)

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 13:34
My point? Thought that was obvious. I just like the support I get when it comes to a TR level editor, everyone seems to just leave it to me. perhaps I really am the only one that wants it. :rolleyes:
I would love to have a level editor but I really think that there is a 0% chance that we will ever get one, especially on consoles.

Though come to think of it, Timeplitters 2, 3 and Pariah all allowed people to create their own multiplayers maps. I still don't see it ever happening with Tomb raider though. Adventure games are just too different to FPS.

Trinity34
13th Apr 2006, 13:42
Can you use an editor from a different game and import the textures?

Mangar The Dark
13th Apr 2006, 13:54

Oh, believe me, I'd be glad for a level editor, but I just really, really doubt it's going to happen for quite a while (if ever.) Also, I suspect a level editor for Legend would require the use of outside tools (3D Studio Max, or something similar), so that would make it useless for me. If it would be a self-contained editor, like the one with Chronicles, great, but it doesn't seem likely anymore.

dhama
13th Apr 2006, 18:43
Oh, believe me, I'd be glad for a level editor, but I just really, really doubt it's going to happen .....

Just like world peace man.....

http://www.buyersnetclub.com/RI/stashtins/images/xc929-peace-explosion.jpg

Mangar The Dark
13th Apr 2006, 18:47
Just like world peace man.....

http://www.buyersnetclub.com/RI/stashtins/images/xc929-peace-explosion.jpg

Given a choice, I'd take a level editor.
;)

dhama
13th Apr 2006, 18:56
Lol.... :D