PDA

View Full Version : Is There An Outside to the Mansion?

Arwen31
13th Apr 2006, 09:53
Does the mansion have an ouside? So far I haven't been able to find it. But I did read on another forum that somebody believed there was a way out available after completing the collecting of all the secrets, then by the pool with an elevator that would lead you to a bike with a dirt track to practice on. Or is it only availalbe on certain platforms?

If there isn't an ouside, that's a real shame because TR2&3 did have (don't know about TR1 as I haven't got it), and I would have been great to have an area to practice riding the bike, like you could with the quad bike in TR3.

If there is an outside (for PS2) how do you get there?

Cat Valentine
13th Apr 2006, 10:15
Theres no outside for the mansion, except that little courtyard area leading to the gym. Its a real shame

Acceber
13th Apr 2006, 10:28
I think there must be an outside. My objective in the mansion - to fully explore it and find all its secrets - is not checked, but I have all the tangible secrets. I live in hope there will be a way outside. Either that or when I have finished playing all the levels the mansion objective box will miraculously be ticked. There must be a way! :D

NecroFeline
13th Apr 2006, 11:33
I have ALL the objectives marked off and still can’t find a way out of the mansion so there cant be one (PS2).

ACCEBER have you found the secret passageway from the Library to Laras bedroom?

Acceber
13th Apr 2006, 11:51
I have ALL the objectives marked off and still can’t find a way out of the mansion so there cant be one (PS2).

ACCEBER have you found the secret passageway from the Library to Laras bedroom?

My initial response was Yes, I have. Then I thought about it. And now I am 100% sure. Yes I have. :D

(xbox)

I was hoping we would be able to break into the 'under-stairs' cupboard where AJ found the ticking clock in the first movie... but I guess not. :D Where is the garage, hmmmm? :D Where are the stables?! Where is the kitchen..... :eek:

uzigirl
13th Apr 2006, 12:02
I thought that you may have to collect some gold rewards to get to the outside because of the sign on the gate looks like a G for gold perhaps...:p

LOl, love to find out.

movieman
13th Apr 2006, 12:08
Where is the garage, hmmmm?

In Tomb Raider 8.

Where are the stables?!

In Tomb Raider 9.

Where is the kitchen.....

In Tomb Raider 10 :).

The fact that there are doors which can't be opened implies to me that they're probably planning to extend the house in later games.

Acceber
13th Apr 2006, 13:08
I thought that you may have to collect some gold rewards to get to the outside because of the sign on the gate looks like a G for gold perhaps...:p

LOl, love to find out.

That is a 'C' for Croft. :D But I also thought that when I found the gold secret there would be a cut scene of one of the gates swinging slowly open... Sadly no.

movieman - well, I hope so for the future games. But, for now, I still hope I can get outside somehow. :cool:

NightmareSiegfried
13th Apr 2006, 15:53
i got all the medals in croft manor still no outside, i have only one aswer left, maybe if the game has a cheat console enable "no clip" and fly over the gates

Resy
13th Apr 2006, 16:03
So there is no locking the butler in the freezer? Or pulling a switch in a maze or in the attic to open the door under the stairs? No large basement fish tank with ATV key? Man I loved that room of hers. No kitchen? No outdoor play area? I know TR1 didn't have any outdoor access. TR 2 and 3 did. TR 4 didn't have her house. Neither did TR 5 or AoD.

But I still can't wait to explore her house... come on Best Buy get my copy in stock already! :mad:

uzigirl
13th Apr 2006, 17:35
Quite right Acceber. I did not have my glasses on. :D

Mangar The Dark
13th Apr 2006, 18:42
So there is no locking the butler in the freezer? Or pulling a switch in a maze or in the attic to open the door under the stairs? No large basement fish tank with ATV key? Man I loved that room of hers. No kitchen? No outdoor play area? I know TR1 didn't have any outdoor access. TR 2 and 3 did. TR 4 didn't have her house. Neither did TR 5 or AoD.

But I still can't wait to explore her house... come on Best Buy get my copy in stock already! :mad:

There's a basement with a fishtank in the old games?! How do you get to that? I've seen people talking about an ATV course at the mansion, but I never figured out how to get to it.

RuumTaedor
13th Apr 2006, 20:49
Oh man, that brings back memories. In TR3, Lara has a beautiful reading room in the basement with a giant aquarium built around it. So peaceful. Let's see, there was a book in the library, a crate in the attic, can't remember everything at the moment. I'm sure Stella or someone else can provide more details.

laraflames
13th Apr 2006, 21:30
There's a basement with a fishtank in the old games?! How do you get to that? I've seen people talking about an ATV course at the mansion, but I never figured out how to get to it.
ok we got off ona bad start but i was crouchy that day but im ok now :D anyways go to the library in tomb raider 2 (only) and a book sricking out it will turn off the fire place then you get in the fire place and clib up there...hmm i think thats how it is i know that when u go in the tank thingy she can swim in it for a bit cuz its HUGE lotta fish to!!

Resy
13th Apr 2006, 22:03
actually the large tank in the basement is in TR3. You need to climb up the inside of the fireplace in the library. I didn't know there was a book that turned it off. But when you climb in carefully you won't catch fire. Climb up and you end up in the attic. After some box moving and what not you open the door with a switch to the basement. Its a timed door. Run or jump your way out of the attic, down the stairs and into the basement. There is a crate down there you can use to climb up into the opening in the ceiling. There you can get into the tank itself and retrieve the key to the ATV area.

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2006, 01:19
Cool, thanks for the tips, Laraflames and Resy! (I'm probably the last person in the world to find out about the basement in the mansion!)

laraflames
14th Apr 2006, 02:14
Cool, thanks for the tips, Laraflames and Resy! (I'm probably the last person in the world to find out about the basement in the mansion!)
lol no problem :D

Resy
14th Apr 2006, 02:20
TR2 has access to the basement but there are only some artifacts down there.

laraflames
14th Apr 2006, 02:23
TR2 has access to the basement but there are only some artifacts down there.
yea and alot of cold OUTSIDE AND A STATUE :D (that u cant get to):( lol