PDA

View Full Version : Since everybody is complaining about the length.

Coutou
13th Apr 2006, 02:07
I thought I'd be one of the few to come out and say, I thought the length was fine as it is, sure it could of had a few more levels in it, but it certainly beats the painstaking months of playing other tomb raider games, doing the same stunts over and over, tomb after tomb, level after level, until you're 56 hours into the game, sleep-deprived and thinking to yourself that if you ever see another yeti, gorilla or lara copycat muscle creature, you'll fire your controller and crack the TV glass.

The ending left it open for much more, MUCH - eidos have hired new teams for tomb raider games, and by this I think its safe to say that by the next game, we will be completely blown away. We (not wishing to say it or use the spoiler feature) are dying to know more about what we found out at the end, I know I am - so why doesn't everyone stop complaining about the length, enjoy what I like to call - a teaser of things to come, and just relax with what you have right now.

Go through the game a few times, find every secret, make it your challange to complete on 100% - Get every outfit, every upgrade, every unlocked cheat. Then come back and tell us how long it took you finish the game. ;)

markmi123
13th Apr 2006, 02:47
Well said!!

I think the length is long ...been playing it at a slow pace all day and still only in the 2nd level...don't see why everyone has to beat their games in the same day they buy them anyways...and as far as other TR games being WAY too long, I'm not going to complain about that but they did seem to drag on in some levels....and I can't claim to even have beaten TR4,5, and 6 yet...still working on them lol

ShadowOfOblivion
13th Apr 2006, 02:56
Well said!!

I think the length is long ...been playing it at a slow pace all day and still only in the 2nd level...don't see why everyone has to beat their games in the same day they buy them anyways...and as far as other TR games being WAY too long, I'm not going to complain about that but they did seem to drag on in some levels....and I can't claim to even have beaten TR4,5, and 6 yet...still working on them lol

Personally, I think if I beat a game really fast it means it wasn't all as thrilling as I made it out to be because I rushed my way through it to get it over with.

If I really like a game I'm going to take my time on it to savor every moment.

Case in point: GUN. Another very short game (8-12 hours), but it took me over two weeks to finish because I enjoyed the game, and therefore spent a lot of time doing aimless exploring or side missions/gold searching the entire time.

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 06:56
No offense, but you're only kidding yourself if you think Legend was long enough.

munchkin
13th Apr 2006, 07:03
Personally, I think if I beat a game really fast it means it wasn't all as thrilling as I made it out to be because I rushed my way through it to get it over with.

If I really like a game I'm going to take my time on it to savor every moment.

Case in point: GUN. Another very short game (8-12 hours), but it took me over two weeks to finish because I enjoyed the game, and therefore spent a lot of time doing aimless exploring or side missions/gold searching the entire time.

i agree 100% :)

beccaxx

carlo
13th Apr 2006, 07:21
I thought I'd be one of the few to come out and say, I thought the length was fine as it is, sure it could of had a few more levels in it, but it certainly beats the painstaking months of playing other tomb raider games, doing the same stunts over and over, tomb after tomb, level after level, until you're 56 hours into the game, sleep-deprived and thinking to yourself that if you ever see another yeti, gorilla or lara copycat muscle creature, you'll fire your controller and crack the TV glass.

The ending left it open for much more, MUCH - eidos have hired new teams for tomb raider games, and by this I think its safe to say that by the next game, we will be completely blown away. We (not wishing to say it or use the spoiler feature) are dying to know more about what we found out at the end, I know I am - so why doesn't everyone stop complaining about the length, enjoy what I like to call - a teaser of things to come, and just relax with what you have right now.

Go through the game a few times, find every secret, make it your challange to complete on 100% - Get every outfit, every upgrade, every unlocked cheat. Then come back and tell us how long it took you finish the game. ;)

Ive already said that it probably wasnt the length of levels that made TR short (even if there werent enough of them) but it was that the levels were very linear and quick paced gameplay that wasnt in the previous TR's!

I was finished with TR after 2 days and that was with exploring. Im goin back now getting everything i missed but thats not for outfits because I really couldnt care less about them its just for my gamerscore!

Lone Raider
13th Apr 2006, 07:33
We (not wishing to say it or use the spoiler feature) are dying to know more about what we found out at the end, I know I am - so why doesn't everyone stop complaining about the length, enjoy what I like to call - a teaser of things to come, and just relax with what you have right now.

why? Because that teaser costs between 39 and 60 Euro/Dollars. That's why. Im damned if I spend that much money on a one day soap bubble. And, it will be another year or so of waiting for the real thing - or perhaps two.

I cannot understand how a game, which has people ask for the next installment after two days of being on the market, can be praised sky high.

Shehi
13th Apr 2006, 08:21
why? Because that teaser costs between 39 and 60 Euro/Dollars. That's why. Im damned if I spend that much money on a one day soap bubble. And, it will be another year or so of waiting for the real thing - or perhaps two.

I cannot understand how a game, which has people ask for the next installment after two days of being on the market, can be praised sky high.

Yea, unfortunately you cannot. I wish you could... Really, I mean it. I am looking forward for the next installment and I am sure it won't take long for it to arrive, at least not as long as the last two installations.